Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Calculon1982

id still go but thats just me. YOu are most likely very highly placed in your chosen counties if you are placed that highly nationwide. I know it must be frustrating to be in slow moving counties but at least if you proceed with this, you have another option open to you.

I personally am placed quite low (1580) so feel that there prob isnt much hope as i too am outside of Dublin but im going to go up and see how it goes as id much prefer EO to the CO position I am being given.

I suppose part of the frustration is that I have been a public servant for 8 years but we are not allowed to transfer so it's either this or I continue to commute for the rest of my life 3 hours a day.

I probobly should have selected Dublin and then hoped for a transfer at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

After my experience with the CO competition and having done quite well only to be told that there is no sign of any recruitment happening in my selected counties I feel like I am wasting my time.

I got placed 89 in the EO open exam there but I know if I go through to the supervised exam with my nominated counties again it will be the same story.
    Is it a waste of time if you are trying to get a commuter County?

Same thing happened me in last eo competition got number 3 on the panel after interview for my chosen county but never got called. All that preparation for nothing which is frustrating. The majority of job vacancies are in Dublin and with the money so crap it wouldn't be worth my while

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ChrisBc

Pronto63 wrote: »
    Placed 474 in open and 158 in interdepartmental.

Big change from last time when I placed 5917 in the open!! :P

Best of luck to all and for those that aren't happy with their results head to Easons and check out the books on these tests.

Can you recommended any book? Done very bad so obviously need more practice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭eroc79

There's a new message from pas. Candidate feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Any book in particular that you would suggest ???

Anything by a guy called Rob Williams.

He had books for both numerical and verbal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

eroc79 wrote: »
    There's a new message from pas. Candidate feedback

whats it say

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

So from what I'm getting from people with prior experience of these competitions is that even if you placed well after the interviews, if you indicated your place of preference as being outside of Dublin, the chances of being called are slim - is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Disaster,
    Got 66 Verbal and 65 Numerical, but 36 on the Assessment Questionaire so didnt make it through this stage, i actually thought i'd have done better on the AQ than the other two sections. Going to have to get practising for future tests. Best of luck to all those whom have gotten through to the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Hammar wrote: »
    Disaster,
    Got 66 Verbal and 65 Numerical, but 36 on the Assessment Questionaire so didnt make it through this stage, i actually thought i'd have done better on the AQ than the other two sections. Going to have to get practising for future tests. Best of luck to all those whom have gotten through to the next stage.

I feel for you, very similar to your scores and i missed out on the AQ figure by 2. The verbal and numerical tests can be practised till nigh,you know, tests involving analytical and verbal reasoning can be practised, it is tact that can help but its the AQ tests that could possibly be the stumbling block for a lot of candidates..............

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sunflowa

Got an invitation to Stage 2 there for the 1st of March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Stage 2 dates have been released, or they've started to release them anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

23rd Feb... I'm already nervous....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Placed in the mid 500's and got called for Feb 27. Yikes, this is all happening very quickly.

The feedback while limited, i found imformative for myseld. I was worried based on posts this morning that it was my score in the assessment which had brought me up in the placings, and I would take a nose dive after the supervised tests. So I'm a little bit re-assured now.

Now to get swotting!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

kildareash wrote: »
    Placed in the mid 500's and got called for Feb 27. Yikes, this is all happening very quickly.

The feedback while limited, i found imformative for myseld. I was worried based on posts this morning that it was my score in the assessment which had brought me up in the placings, and I would take a nose dive after the supervised tests. So I'm a little bit re-assured now.

Now to get swotting!

I'm 24th but over 1000 behind you

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

see some of ye on the 21st :D ....fastest moving competition I think I have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sunflowa

jules86 wrote: »
    I'm 24th but over 1000 behind you

I placed 89 on the panel but my test isn't until March, weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

28th for me. Gahhhhh moving fast is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Belle23

Anyone ever heard of someone being allowed change their test date?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Belle23 wrote: »

Not yet! I've to chance it later - hopefully I will be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

I was just inside the cut-off and mine is the 21st..

Working backwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

eimaj77 wrote: »
    Not yet! I've to chance it later - hopefully I will be able to.

They might be able to accommodate you if slots are available

I've heard in the past they won't change it but will try and accommodate you if you come in another day but they won't guarantee you a position. There's normally places because there'll be no shows

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Belle23

eroc79 wrote: »
    I've heard in the past they won't change it but will try and accommodate you if you come in another day but they won't guarantee you a position. There's normally places because there'll be no shows

Thanks, I'd be hoping to get in the 24th instead of the 27th so hopefully some one needs a swap for then!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Actually what's the highest number that's been called I wonder? Wondering how far I could fall down the rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

I changed mine for the CO competition because it was the day I got back from Australia...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pkbc

I'm in on the 21st and I scored 1217 in the open. It really is moving a lot faster than last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yeboah wrote: »
    see some of ye on the 21st :D ....fastest moving competition I think I have ever seen

Seems a bit mad. Usually a few months, not weeks to be called! Must need positions to be filled very soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

I'm in 1st March... nervous, excited... Anyone else having problems opening the pre test info booklet? I keep getting error message?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FioRON

All happening quick! Might be a good thing, get it over with!

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Seems a bit mad. Usually a few months, not weeks to be called! Must need positions to be filled very soon..

I wonder if it's because the last EO panel will be out of date in April.

Advertisement