Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf VI - Jingle Bell Rock - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WIN

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

crosstownk wrote: »
    A big kudos to partyjungle and Persepoly. What a finish. Uriel's priest claim really revved it up. Savage stuff.

It's a bad sign when my phones predictive text suggest Werewolf usernames!

mine does that i have to delete them and put in the misspellings

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

A big kudos to partyjungle and Persepoly. What a finish. Uriel's priest claim really revved it up. Savage stuff.

It's a bad sign when my phones predictive text suggest Werewolf usernames!

Haha mine too

quickbeam wrote: »
    After you lynched Cross, Uriel would have had a munch, and would have munched one of you - one villager, one wolf = wolf win.

That's right. I forgot about the munch.

Damn though, fierce embarrassed I accepted Uriel's ploy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I actually thought you might be bluffing when you said that on thread!

Ariel was the a priest
    he was the pprentice and hes ploy was perfect except he had the serial killer wrong
    you also were the first to spot war pig (you know him as pawwned rig) before even me

• Advertisement

I actually thought you might be bluffing when you said that on thread!

yeah i bet you cant believe she fell for ariels lies [runs]

Tigger wrote: »
    Ariel was the a priest
    he was the pprentice and hes ploy was perfect except he had the serial killer wrong
    you also were the first to spot war pig (you know him as pawwned rig) before even me

i think you an pj activally pulled it back from nothing for a win
    somewhere i said you were the only confirmed villager and that you had copped war pig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Haha max did actually pick me, my bad max

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Tigger wrote: »
    yeah i bet you cant believe she fell for ariels lies [runs]

I figured he could only get that lucky once in the game!

Though it wasn't all lies... he was the priest!!

I think if he's come out on Wed/Thurs and said he's appointed an apprentice (which PR could have played later) then they'd have succeeded

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Apologies to Uriel if I got a bit heavy. Nothing personal. There was a game to be won.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

andy125 wrote: »
    Haha max did actually pick me, my bad max

Yeah! See - he wasn't lying!!

You'll notice too that Tig was the random selection, though as it happened, he'd also picked him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Keep the change you filthy animal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Wahey, well done PJ and PP! I was afraid while reading the end that I'd f*cked up by not coming out before being munched - I could confirm PP as elder as I hadn't protected her that night, and PJ as not Hans, as I'd checked him.

Great finish, serious page turner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Great game all, I really enjoyed it. Uriel and Cross both played very well, respect. I was rooting for you there Cross, so close to an SK win which has no right to happen! I think you just slightly over egged it at the end there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

What a game! Well done to all. Captivating.

The Grinch wrote:
    By the way I am trying to make the others think I am Shatterproof by putting a space before every ?
    Eg

who are you munching ?

Is it Too subtle?

Whoever did this was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Apologies to Uriel if I got a bit heavy. Nothing personal. There was a game to be won.

Not all... But we'll be having words at the next beers... Lol...

Not at all. Good game... But you'll always be a wolf to me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Whoever did this was brilliant.

Ha did it work? I was hiding the rest of my text but just including the space question mark hoping one of you would jump on poor shatter.

Great fun lads and thx to jayop and sull. (Band Aid was a highlight jayop;))

Rereading through posts... I can't help but think that I floundered a win. My assessment of what actually happened was wrong.
    Just flicking back. We can't be absolutely sure that serial killer is gone. I would have thought John Maclean would have come forward by now. John Maclean believed Max was the SK. Perhaps he was absolutely sure about that. If not, the village composition is 2V, 1W, 1SK; the village has already lost. We just get to decide if the wolves or the SK wins. I'm going to dismiss that scenario as there's nothing we can do about it at this point.

Thank you Persopoly for believing me. What made you choose my side of crosstown's? Must have been tricky knowing the entire game hung in the balance

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ha did it work? I was hiding the rest of my text but just including the space question mark hoping one of you would jump on poor shatter.

Great fun lads and thx to jayop and sull. (Band Aid was a highlight jayop;))

Yep, it worked. Wasted a kill on Shatter which meant I never got Uriel. I had a munch order in for Uriel when I was shot, but I would most likely have munched him sooner if not for the Shatter ruse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Well done village!

Great game Mods, it was a real uphill struggle for the village and someone we did it.

As for my last vote, I voted for Max then changed to Pawwed Rig lol. So I was voting for a wolf either way.

Yep, it worked. Wasted a kill on Shatter which meant I never got Uriel. I had a munch order in for Uriel when I was shot, but I would most likely have munched him sooner if not for the Shatter ruse.

I noticed from reading the Grinch's forum that, later in the game, they thought Shatter was part of team Scrooge because we took so long to pick up the comma thing. Poor Shatter was for a munch either way it'd seem.

Thank you Persopoly for believing me. What made you choose my side of crosstown's? Must have been tricky knowing the entire game hung in the balance

It was tricky. There was an urgency in cross' posts which didn't sit well with me. Sometimes absolutely insisting you are what you say you are means you are quite different :)
    This game feels like a balancing act in getting the right tone to your posts so you don't appear careless about your village but also not going overboard in defending yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I think both teams targeting Gufc was the winning of the game for the village.

It was tricky. There was an urgency in cross' posts which didn't sit well with me. Sometimes absolutely insisting you are what you say you are means you are quite different :)
    This game feels like a balancing act in getting the right tone to your posts so you don't appear careless about your village but also not going overboard in defending yourself.
    There certainly was urgency alright! It was do or die.

Yo Cross why did you shoot me :( ****er :P

Yo Cross why did you shoot me :( ****er :P

I've always difficult figuring you out and you're dangerous.

Anyway, everybody had to go!

I've always difficult figuring you out and you're dangerous.

Anyway, everybody had to go!

I was rooting for you next to the village.. You played great bar shooting me :D (jokes)

I was so confused all game, :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

I thought SK was a newbie who'd fallen for Mick's "my apprentice" post.

I got a lot of things wrong in this game, but at least I got my Mick = NRV theory right.

Advertisement