Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf VI - Jingle Bell Rock - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WIN

Options
  • 09-12-2016 9:54pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

'twas the night before Christmas,
    and all through the boards,
    Tigger was predicting,
    that Mick had just scored.

The game thread was posted,
    in the werewolf subforum,
    Shatterproof and Barney,
    more than made up the quorum.

The players were anxious,
    To learn of their role,
    Persepoly and Party Jungle wondered,
    Am I a troll?

And jayop in the admin room,
    decorating with holly,
    "I need to make the place look nice,
    For quickbeam and molly".

Kersplat and Pawwnd Rig,
    Were new to the game,
    They sounded confused,
    That was the mods aim.

When out on the lawn,
    Uriel played like a cat,
    "Where did crosstownk go?
    I really liked their hat".

Yossar sat by the window,
    Eating his brunch.
    "I'm really not hungry,
    I'll just have a munch."

Dottie overheard,
    But he very much denied,
    Mrs Flush was his witness,
    She was on his side.

Valeyard was quiet,
    Looking after the cub.
    He watched on as Tritium and cdaly,
    Drank in the pub.

Gufc21 and Andy125,
    Watched on with glee.
    As they watched Strawberry Milkshake,
    Trying to ski.

And Dazzler and Max
    Hung out by the door,
    Checking for ID
    In case Hans Gruber snuck in the door.

Nopeare and A neurotic
    Were singing a song,
    "Some day, you know,
    we'll all get along."

And so jayo and sully,
    Sprang on the sleigh.
    Hoping the players
    Are excited to play.

TBC.....
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Welcome to Werewolf IV on boards.ie. This is the live game thread and is for live players only.

Special Roles
    Wolves:

2 x Evil Teams of 4 players each
    Each team will have 1 Alpha Player who would be immune to seer checks and will pick 2 of their own team mates from the rest of the population before the game starts. These team mates will be chosen before the rest of the roles are distributed.
    Each Alpha will be contacted before the rest of the roles are chosen and will name 4 players that they would like to join them. The reason for four players is so that if they were to each happen to pick one or more of the same player we can avoid that being an issue.
    Once they give us the four names each we randomly select two of them for each team and assign them to the wolf forum along with their final team mate chosen at random.
    Evil teams will compete for the right to have the first kill in private and we will start the game with that kill.
    Each Alpha wolf will have access to a separate second account for the back room with access to a single room. These accounts will not reveal to each other who they are but they can use the room to plot and plan with the other team and can also back-stab each other. They need to be careful here not to accidentally let the other team work out who they and their teams are.

The Wolf Teams
    Team 1 - Alpha = Scrooge. The rest of the team are the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future.
    Ream 2 - Alpha = The Grinch The rest of the team are Marv, Harry and the Angry Elf.

1 x Serial Killer - Hans Gruber
    Usual SK rules apply in that if they are able to survive to the end and achieve parity they will win the game. 1 kill every second night starting on turn 2.
    Hans' Kill will be at lynch time instead of morning to spread the deaths out a little more.
    Should Hans be selected for Lynch his target will still die.

1 x Priest - Buddy Elf
    Priest will be told the roles of the dead after each kill.
    Priest will have own forum.
    Priest can train and the trainee will join them in the forum.

2 x Seers
    1 normal seer Santa who is given the truthful answer to the question, is XYZ a wolf apart from the Alpha's who will always return a negative answer.
    1 drunk seer Bad Santa who will be given the truthful answer 66% of the time apart from when they check the Alpha's who will always return a negative answer.
    The drunk seer answer is calculated by having the correct answer in hand then rolling a dice and if it rolls 1 or 6 they get the wrong info.
    Seer: The seer has the ability to PM the moderator once per turn and ask him 'Is X a werewolf?' to which the moderator will answer truthfully yes or no.
    At the start of the game both Santa's will be told they are Santa and they will not know if they are Bad or not.
    They do not have a forum and cannot communicate with each other.

1 x Detective - John Maclean
    John is a powerful villager. He has two roles, Bodyguard and SK hunter.
    John will give the name of one villager each night who he will protect from the Wolves. He cannot protect from SK kills.
    Can ask the mods each turn about the identity of Hans Gruber or use one of two bullets to try to kill him or a wolf.
    If he asks about Hans Gruber he cannot shoot his gun until the following turn.
    If he kills Hans with his first shot he will still be able to use the second one.

1 x Village Elder - Mrs Claus
    The Elder has two lives and therefore must be targeted twice before they can die. However if they are lynched then the town lose all of their power roles for one turn.
    Evils just told their kill was blocked, no reason given.

The Reindeer
    9 lucky players will be given the role of a Reindeer. This is a secondary role and can be held by anyone who is already a wolf, a SK, a power villager or just a normal villager. Each lynch will be named after one of the Reindeer and if the village lynch the person who's Reindeer name tallies with that day then one of two things will happen...
    If they lynch a villager then all the PV's will lose their power for 1 turn.
    If they lynch an Evil then all the Evils will lose their power for 1 turn.

The Reindeer days will be in this order > Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph.

Players given these roles can announce them to the group if so desired, as can any player announce anything to the group really (in a game of Werewolf lying and deception is encouraged), but beware, doing so would likely make you a prime target for slaughter.

Win Conditions
    For a village/good win they simply have to kill all the werewolves and the Serial Killer
    For a Wolf/evil win they have to gain parity of numbers with the village. E.g. 3 wolves and 3 villagers left = wolf win. They also have to wipe out the other team.
    For Hans to win he needs to reach at least parity with each of the groups.

Rules:
    1) Once you are killed do not post in the thread again.
    2) Don’t cheat, it’s a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread.
    3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. The game is too small to mod kill inactives.
    4) No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring to the content of them.
    5) Game starts with a wolf slaughter to be revealed at 10am tomorrow morning.
    6) If you've got any questions for me send the mods a message.
    7) Win conditions are listed above.
    8) Don’t be a sensitive soul. While boards own forum rules clearly take precedence over any in-game rules that I have, this is a game where people will be insulted, there will be some bad language and people will try to provoke a reaction out of each other. Please accept this is part of the game and don’t go annoying the mods with the report post button unless really needed.
    9) If someone misses 2 votes in a row without a good reason they will be modkilled by me and replaced with a substitute.
    10) DO NOT EVER EDIT A POST. IF YOU HIT THE POST REPLY BUTTON THEN LIVE WITH IT. YELLOW CARDS AND RED CARDS WILL BE HANDED OUT TO PLAYERS WHO EDIT POSTS.
    11) Do not share your vote form password to anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.
    12) Have fun, make meme’s, take the piss and try to enjoy the game.
    13) There are no hidden roles or secret rooms.
    14) The votes will be published when I announce the Lynch. They will be posted in order of who received the most votes and then in chronological order but with no timestamps.
    15) People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and slaughter are announced. You are not dead until I make a post in the game thread announcing it.
    16) In the event of a tie in lynch votes, the person with the last vote cast against them will be lynched.

I may have left out some rules and if anything comes up in the game I’ll answer any PM’s and on some occasions I may even post rule clarifications in the thread. Also, the 10pm lynch should never be a problem for me, but some mornings I may be a little late with the 10am announcements. I’ll try to avoid that as much as possible.

Lynch Form

https://goo.gl/forms/2W99GMsfrH9RnDcN2

Roster
    Kersplat
    Molly
    Uriel
    Crosstownk
    Yosser
    Quickbeam
    MrsFlushdraw
    The_Valeyard
    dottie_lottie
    Maximus
    Tritium
    CDaly
    Nopeare
    TheDazzler
    Andy125
    GUFC
    The Legend that is Tigger!
    Persepoly
    Pawwed Rig
    Partyjungle
    Shatterproof
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Barney92
    MicksJaguar
    A Neurotic

Rule clarifications
    - Reindeer will know their own identity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

first

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

second

And so it begins

ok so can john mccaine please protect me cos i'm defo getting mmched with two teams a d a hans gruber

B5DBmZe.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Third

Balls

Trigger the avid rule reader and explainer of things misses only one munch tonight I think not.

First wolf in the bag happy xmas village

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Evening all, how is the Christmas prep in the village going? Hope the tree is up to my standards!

And as someone else said.

So it begins :D

• Advertisement

Trigger the avid rule reader and explainer of things misses only one munch tonight I think not.

First wolf in the bag happy xmas village

ah will you stop there is no reasonthat john cant protect me repeatedly

di i say once or tonight i said fcuking protect me
    did you lose the toss up mick and your afraidi i'll spot you?
    otherwise until im not im the best chance and=y village has

Tigger wrote: »
    ah will you stop there is no reasonthat john cant protect me repeatedly

be a bit of a waste on a wolf who picked you by the by?

be a bit of a waste on a wolf who picked you by the by?

picked me for what?

di i say once or tonight i said fcuking protect me
    did you lose the toss up mick and your afraidi i'll spot you?
    otherwise until im not im the best chance and=y village has

so now you know there is only one munch :D I have you triggered

so will there be a wolf kill at 10pm tonight?

Each Alpha wolf will have access to a separate second account for the back room with access to a single room

that'll make for interesting reading at the end.

MODS ARE ROLES ASSINED RANDOMLY IOR PICKED THIS GAME?

I bought a HTC Vive

I bought a HTC Vive

im an apple person

im an apple person

You dissapoint me

• Advertisement

You dissapoint me

i use UBuntu on my laptops if that hlps

You dissapoint me

great phones but i build my own puters

I bought a HTC Vive

i bought battlefield 1 today. i think it'll be well worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

hola village, I hope we are all wearing our boards christmas jumpers for the game :)

Tigs, take it handy with that club foot in here :p

i use UBuntu on my laptops if that hlps

I use Ubuntu the odd time, I quite like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

it is, there's a thread over on the games forum with usernames etc. if you want to play with fellow boardsies

Tigger you gave it up quickly even for you this game

Been playing BF1 since beta. Great fun.

Tried alien isolation VR, very good, but nearly puked from motion sickness

Other VR games amazing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

This'll be a tough game to win. 9 out of 25 players are evils - that's 36%!! I think the mods are sick of 4/5 villager wins to date and are pushing things to the evil's favour. We need to be top of our game here.

I suspect EVERYONE right. Except Uriel of course. We know he's forever NRV.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    This'll be a tough game to win. 9 out of 25 players are evils - that's 36%!! I think the mods are sick of 4/5 villager wins to date and are pushing things to the evil's favour. We need to be top of our game here.

I suspect EVERYONE right. Except Uriel of course. We know he's forever NRV.

at least the chances for a successful first lynch are increased.

Advertisement