Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Seriously, I think people here are making far too big a deal of this "hype". Hype would have been if they'd been teasing an announcement for weeks now, but they only started running adverts today for an announcement tomorrow. If anything, they're approaching this in a very low-key manner.

The Facebook Live stuff is being mentioned over and over again. It's the new social media fad, it makes sense to use it. Remember when they were making a big deal out of Periscoping all the live sessions?

I don't think it's Hector. He's only recently got his own weekend show, it wouldn't make much sense to put a big hole in their weekend schedule again.

This is a new lunchtime show, which is a less important slot than mid-morning. Dermot and Dave got a tweet and brief statement at like 5pm at the start of January about them taking over mid-mornings and then the next few weeks they had the promos and built up to the show. However for lunchtimes they have minute+ long promos for the announcement running through the day yesterday and are trying to build it up. Yes the Facebook Live thing is new but they haven't used it much before. D&D were promoting the announcement on Snapchat too...just feels different the way they are going about it and I reckon it will be 2 or 3 weeks away from starting and it will be heavily pushed and promotoed in that time whoever it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

New lunchtime show is being announced by D&D at 11 this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Iano Paula, D&D all claiming they've no idea who it's going to be

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Iano Paula, D&D all claiming they've no idea who it's going to be

thats complete nonsense, unless they have the new presenter hidden away in a cupboard somewhere they are bound to see them as its not like the new presenter can just wander in at five to twelve and start a new show...

i hope its not that buffoon hector o hucklebuck, with all this hype its probably someone sh1te.... todayfm are starting to go down the tubes a bit...

jezzer wrote: »
    thats complete nonsense, unless they have the new presenter hidden away in a cupboard somewhere they are bound to see them as its not like the new presenter can just wander in at five to twelve and start a new show...

i hope its not that buffoon hector o hucklebuck, with all this hype its probably someone sh1te.... todayfm are starting to go down the tubes a bit...
    The new show doesn't begin today. It's just announced today

• Advertisement

The new show doesn't begin today. It's just announced today

even still, the new person has to meet the production team, the management, get on the payroll etc, its all an act

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Here's hoping its Larry Gogan !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Here's hoping its Larry Gogan !
    "Larry plays your golden memories (a classic everytime.... ) THE GOLDEN HOURRRRR!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭nc6000

Paul Collins said something this morning during the sports news that it's a shame the black card used in GAA can't be used on radio station management.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Larry would be perfect lol.

Chances are as others have already speculated, it's going to be another "zany" duo who don't necessarily have any prior radio experience. Only requirement is the ability to read out hilarious texts. I think Ferg D'Arcy teaches that class.

EDIT: It's not the Seoige's... Grainne is up next on the show.

• Advertisement

nc6000 wrote: »
    Paul Collins said something this morning during the sports news that it's a shame the black card used in GAA can't be used on radio station management.

i think he was having a dig at dempsey effing up the quiz (yet again) by giving the answer....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

A Sile and Grainne Seoige show I reckon.

Well one of them is on air now :O :O

Karma would be whoever it is winning the euro millions and not bothering to turn up.

Amy Huberman so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Karma would be whoever it is winning the euro millions and not bothering to turn up.

That wouldn't be karma.

Amy Huberman so

Unless there's a camera involved and she is semi naked, no use:D

I would say Laura Whitmore but doubt it would interest here career wise...no doubt they asked tho.

''New Presenter''

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Mr. P.

Not a fan of his style so don't think I'll be listening in to the new show.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    Well one of them is on air now :O :O

I like to think the producer of the show read my post and thought "Hmmm, we could talk to one of the Seoiges tomorrow!". :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Effects wrote: »
    That wouldn't be karma.

That's my type of karma

• Advertisement

New lunchtime presenter is Al Porter...so the fears I had were spot on...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭statto25

IUA14 wrote: »
    New lunchtime presenter is Al Porter...

Dont even dare.......

New lunchtime presenter is Al Porter...so the fears I had were spot on...

Oh Jesus.... thought he was on 2fm?

statto25 wrote: »
    Dont even dare.......

Afraid so...they nicked him from 2FM...while 2FM pretended they were not looking absolutely delighted with themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

OMG. NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Lol. Seriously??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Short term, the figures on Breakfast would take a hit, yes. However, long-term, Ian is skewing way older than their target audience. He sounds tired, the show sounds tired, there's been nothing new for ages.

For me, it's very reminiscent of Ray D'Arcy's final year, just sounds like it's ticking over, not really trying.

IMO, it would be better to launch a new Breakfast show along with all the other changes, rather than get 12 months down the line and just as things are starting to settle you throw another grenade in.

I'd love if they did a refresh on the breakfast show, and got rid of Mario Rosenstock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭statto25

The Sun are running that it is Al.....Oh Jesus (Hits Radio ejector button)

Afraid so...they nicked him from 2FM...while 2FM pretended they were not looking absolutely delighted with themselves...

Wasn't he only on air at xmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Al Porter...

Advertisement