Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 More Tea

Faugheen wrote: »
    Adelle's the PD now isn't she?

When did that happen?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

More Tea wrote: »
    When did that happen?

A quick Google suggests she's actually APD. Sorry.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

A Sile and Grainne Seoige show I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    A Sile and Grainne Seoige show I reckon.

Have either any background in radio? Wouldn't Muireann and Louise just be a better idea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Trebor176

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Have either any background in radio? Wouldn't Muireann and Louise just be a better idea ?

Louise won't be moving again! It makes sense to keep Muireann on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

MrMac84 wrote: »

It's 2017 MrMac, it's been a long time since radio experience was a pre-requisite to get a radio gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

When Muireann was asked on Twitter last week she said she wouldn't be taking over full time

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

seabee wrote: »
    When Muireann was asked on Twitter last week she said she wouldn't be taking over full time

Well the fact that she is on air whereas dermot and Dave went off air wouldve kind of been a hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

My money is on some middle the road duo like Joe Donnelly and Ruth Scott.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

FrostyJim wrote: »
    My money is on some middle the road duo like Joe Donnelly and Ruth Scott.

Won't be Ruth Scott, not a hope...she won't attract the demographic they want. Joe Donnelly is the other APD at Today FM so can't see it being him. Also don't think it will be PMac or any current presenters. If it is a current one then it would most likely be Ferg and Ed Smith. Dear god not Hector...

• Advertisement

Radio isnt exactly an industry known for keeping secrets. Im surprised this hasn't leaked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭siblers

IUA14 wrote: »
    Won't be Ruth Scott, not a hope...she won't attract the demographic they want. Joe Donnelly is the other APD at Today FM so can't see it being him. Also don't think it will be PMac or any current presenters. If it is a current one then it would most likely be Ferg and Ed Smith. Dear god not Hector...

Or Neil Delamare, although the one good thing about Delamare is that he plays pretty good music

https://twitter.com/todayfm/status/823929337024016384

I don't know what their qualifier for ''big'' is but that on top of the Facebook Live broadcast and the promos has been worried it's a famous name and not a radio name...hope I am wrong tho.

https://twitter.com/todayfm/status/823929337024016384

I don't know what their qualifier for ''big'' is but that on top of the Facebook Live broadcast and the promos has been worried it's a famous name and not a radio name...hope I am wrong tho.

Hype of this level has to mean the return of Ray Foley surely?

Not a hope of that happening.

Not a hope of that happening.

Why so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭iseegirls

So some of the options are:

Dara Quilty & Brian Maher
    Ruth Scott
    Ray Foley
    Hector
    Neil Delamere
    Will Leahy

Any others possible outsiders?
    Cormac & Daniella? Terasanne O'Reilly? Aidan Power & Oonagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

Ok my 2 cents of a guess is its either Hector or Hector & Neil Delamare...If its a hint of Hector, my headphones will be on my ears all thru that slot, can't stand the man on radio!

Why so?

Check out the Ray Foley Radio thread for the background but short story is he was meant to be going back last year, they pulled it and didn't offer a reason, not on good terms. And if it was to be him Ann Gleeson wouldn't have left last Friday.
    iseegirls wrote: »

Ruth Scott
    Ray Foley
    Hector
    Neil Delamere
    Will Leahy

Won't be Scott, Foley, Delamere, Leahy or any of the outsiders. Quilty/Maher a real possibility, Hector...I hope not. I would also discount anyone who is on air at another non-Communicorp station at the moment as they would not allow their talent to do press for a move away to a new station while still on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

None of the names listed so far would make me want to listen in.

And I think Dermot and Dave would benefit from having a few regular contributors. It's a bit stale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

iseegirls wrote: »

Ruth Scott
    Ray Foley
    Hector
    Neil Delamere
    Will Leahy

I did like Aidan Power when he did 98FM breakfast, so maybe?
    Checked 2FM website and can't find anything with Ruth Scott on it, like the Weekenders programme on Sunday & Saturday afternoon - no mention o0f DJs but her Twitter handle still has 2FM etc

Will Leahy is on the 2FM page, so not him leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Maybe it's gonna be Dave and Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Trebor176

None of the names listed so far would make me want to listen in.

And I think Dermot and Dave would benefit from having a few regular contributors. It's a bit stale.

It's the second day of a new show. It takes time for things to settle down!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Trebor176 wrote: »

Of course, and to be fair I didn't listen in today, but they should have started with something fresh and new. I know that's what I was expecting.

That's the reason I didn't listen today. I only turned on the radio when Muireann came on. I'll definitely listen to them in future, but I might not go out of my way like I usually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭johnire

But that's exactly the point a lot of people are making-it's not a new show-it's the same show in a different time slot and they have to pad that same show out by another 30 minutes. I really like the two guys but I think this move was a mistake.

Trebor176 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DelGato

Guys, whatever you think the best idea here is, they almost certainly won't do it! This is the same bunch that runs NewsTalk, and have you listened to that station since they destroyed it in September? It's a joke! The same folks who thought Paul Williams and Alan Quinlan at breakfast and that other pair on Drive was a winner are the same people making these decisions. I was never a huge Dermot and Dave and they were ok on lunchtimes, but they are way out of place on mornings. I know people are saying it takes time but it's plainly not right for the station. Expect more losses to follow.

Hope for the best but expect the worst with the announcement. Think along the lines of Al Porter, Laura Whitmore, Kian Egan or any of the SnapChat "stars". And even at that it won't be as bad as Paul Williams. Don't get your hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

9am is too early for the craic. They were perfect where they were. I used to take myself away from work and on the odd time eat my lunch in the car and I'd go back after lunch in a great mood after listening to them. I'm not feeling this new time slot and I don't think they are either,but sure they prob had no choice.

DelGato wrote: »
    Hope for the best but expect the worst with the announcement. Think along the lines of Al Porter, Laura Whitmore, Kian Egan or any of the SnapChat "stars". And even at that it won't be as bad as Paul Williams. Don't get your hopes up.

This is exactly what I am afraid of...the way the announcement is being promoted and the whole live stream bit...have the fear that it will be a name not a good, solid presenter and entertaining DJ.

Seriously, I think people here are making far too big a deal of this "hype". Hype would have been if they'd been teasing an announcement for weeks now, but they only started running adverts today for an announcement tomorrow. If anything, they're approaching this in a very low-key manner.

The Facebook Live stuff is being mentioned over and over again. It's the new social media fad, it makes sense to use it. Remember when they were making a big deal out of Periscoping all the live sessions?

I don't think it's Hector. He's only recently got his own weekend show, it wouldn't make much sense to put a big hole in their weekend schedule again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Effects wrote: »
    New presenter is Eoin McDermot.

What makes you think that? Considering he was on 2fm last week and I imagine they'd have a good bit of gardening leave built into their contract with him.

Advertisement