Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Autosport wrote: »
    I may or may not have burst out laughing at that :D

As long as the chocolate wasn't spewed up, Im happy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Autosport wrote: »
    I may or may not have burst out laughing at that :D

Well I hope you didn't have a mouthful of drink if you did. :D My keyboard narrowly escaped. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Slumberland

Whocanibe wrote: »
    Had a couple of glasses of wine and fruit and nut choc, I ate the whole bar, it was a big one too, I didn't mean to. :o :pac:

Not feeling great. :D

Snappppp plus a McDonald’s so don’t feel too bad!

Cuppa and a few rich tea biscuits, then off to bed. :)

Us old people need our sleep. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bistro crisps
    northgirl wrote: »
    GIANT Butttons.

Mmmm buttons :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Grandeeod wrote: »
    As long as the chocolate wasn't spewed up, Im happy! :D

Nearly happened alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

one third of my last wispa which is also th elast chocolate I have in the house... bad providing, graces!

Lateral thinking nudges me that I am sure I have a whole jar of chocolate spread in my winter stocks......may be next weekend before my next outing given the weather tantrums.

Whatever I have for lunch tomorrow is going to be carby and cheesy and maybe beany too :)

looking at the kitchen mine will be beany and spuddy... BUT in clearing my small garden I am finding enough peas and broad beans ( thrown in as the seed was years old) to make a good serving. we shall see... a loooooong night to endure first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Porridge with much brown sugar for Monday energy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A mini fry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I had one slice of sode bread before I left and it was very unfilling :-/.

Porridge with much brown sugar for Monday energy :D

Mmmmm could do with some sugar for Monday energy myself :pac:

I had one slice of sode bread before I left and it was very unfilling :-/.

Mmmmm could do with some sugar for Monday energy myself :pac:

Soda bread with real butter & Barry's to accompany?

Soda bread with real butter & Barry's to accompany?

You better believe it :D :pac:

Had an early appointment, barely time for a coffee, starving now, having a fresh roll with crispy bacon and coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Cottage pie in the oven.

Had the beans and fried potatoes earlier.... nearly broke a finger trying to open a packet of rich tea... :D

the rest of the day foodwise is an open book....whatever I fancy! who needs meal times.. ;)

Lunchtime looming.. Toasted cheese or beans on toast I'm thinking. Have to go early or will be overrun with students & hangry staff :D

Lunchtime looming.. Toasted cheese or beans on toast I'm thinking. Have to go early or will be overrun with students & hangry staff :D

Plow through them like this :D :pac:

giphy.gif

Homemade leek and potato soup, with brown bread for lunch.

Whocanibe wrote: »
    Homemade leek and potato soup, with brown bread for lunch.

OK, make room for me please ;)

• Advertisement

Plow through them like this :D :pac:

giphy.gif

:D Beans on toast won out. Sneaky bag of Minstrels in the bag too for maybe in a while... sugar like :pac:

Toasted ham and cheese and coriander and carrot soup, soup was....nice.
    :D Beans on toast won out. Sneaky bag of Minstrels in the bag too for maybe in a while... sugar like :pac:

You're ten time more likely to fall down on Mondays than any other day of the week therefore....sugar is a must on Mondays :3 :pac:

Toasted ham and cheese and coriander and carrot soup, soup was....nice.

You're ten time more likely to fall down on Mondays than any other day of the week therefore....sugar is a must on Mondays :3 :pac:

Now I want a toastie...

If I don't reach my quota I get withdrawals and yesterday was disgraceful :D

I dropped my knife at lunch and was informed for the first time ever "knife to the floor, man to the door"! (Ya, if ya can find your way through all the junk food)

Small first course was a delicious serving of home grown peas and broad beans.. My garden is tiny and I cleared it this summer so am delighted..

Then an Admiral's Pie topped with slices of extra cheese.. I am replete.... left stuff out to defrost in case the power goes, as I have a gas cooker... stormbound...

Just the west and north this time which was not expected!

I need some cheese later. Perhaps a double cheeseburger en route to after work appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I need some cheese later. Perhaps a double cheeseburger en route to after work appointment.

I reckon you missed a trick by not cheesing up the beans. :D Something so comforting about cheesy beans.
    Now I know what I'll have for tea.

What is admirals pie? I'm guessing fish?

Lunch today was cottage pie for himself and lentil pie for me. Very lovely. Now eating banana bread. I'd love to be able to make nice banana bread, for now I'll have to make do with waiting for my mil to bake one and robbing half.

Mmm making me hungry now again :D.

Whispered wrote: »
    I reckon you missed a trick by not cheesing up the beans. :D Something so comforting about cheesy beans.

Lunch today was cottage pie for himself and lentil pie for me. Very lovely. Now eating banana bread. I'd love to be able to make nice banana bread, for now I'll have to make do with waiting for my mil to bake one and robbing half.

A ready meal, of creamed potato, chunks of fish and cheese sauce.. real comfort food, and they have them in Dunnes often at half price ie just over a euro. They have saved my life a few times when just too ill to cook. simple food. I try to keep some in the freezer for really bad days.

Yes, in my desperate haste to feed myself I forgot to ask for the cheesy extra :D Still a great sized serving including tea all for €4.

Love cottage pie and Banana Bread :)

Bought a nice homemade flapjack for sometime later too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A supermarket bought Admiral's Pie is usually the same as a Fisherman's Pie - white fish, cheese sauce, topped with mash.
    If making one, the recipe usually calls for prawns, salmon (sometimes tuna) and sweet corn with a parsley sauce, to differentiate it from Fisherman's Pie.

I'm lining up a variety of garden vegetables to be steamed, then it's baby potatoes and roast beef. I'm not a fan of roast beef but yesterdays joint was huge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement