Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I would love to try homemade jam!
    I just had a cinnamon bagel with banana and hot milk spiced with cardamom and honey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Whispered wrote: »
    I would love to try homemade jam!
    I just had a cinnamon bagel with banana and hot milk spiced with cardamom and honey.

If only...….

There's 15lb of blackcurrant, 12 of gooseberry, 15 of rhubarb & ginger, and 10 each of strawberry, blackberry and raspberry in the larder. Damson will follow.

Neighbours and family have been given their's so we could spare a pot or two.

If only.....

Or I could go to the local farmers market on Saturday and buy a jar or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Toast with melted cheese and branston pickle

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Whispered wrote: »
    Or I could go to the local farmers market on Saturday and buy a jar or two.

Great idea. Used to sell many jars to kind folk like thee in my market trading years... enjoy!

• Advertisement

Toast with good irish butter and home made blackberry jam... this jar will soon be empty so then I can make more jam... made so much I ran out of jars.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Scrambled egg on toast and coffee.

2nd coffee now.:)

Coffee and shortbread and shortbread and shortbread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Overnight homemade muesli with almond milk and chopped apple

Two fish fingers, and plain boiled baby potatoes with salt and butter. Cooked the whole bag ( 49 cents!) so can fry them tomorrow and share them with the dog also. Feel stuffed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

If only...….

There's 15lb of blackcurrant, 12 of gooseberry, 15 of rhubarb & ginger, and 10 each of
    strawberry, blackberry and raspberry in the larder. Damson will follow.
    Neighbours and family have been given their's so we could spare a pot or two.

If only.....

:confused: Damsons finished up about 2 weeks ago around here. Jam made 'n all ( damn their little stones ).
    Salad & smoked mackerel (deskside).
    I wonder if Tara makes some sort of wild plum spirit ? IIRC they are divils for that in Germany with all sort of still operation exemptions handed down from great great grandfathers time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

No one eating this evening , no ?!

Golden Wonder cheese and onion crisps .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I bet your all in bed now:D Back in the door late tonight. as in just now. Suppin a beer and gonna reheat the Chinese takeaway I grabbed just off the M4.:D

A hard few days on the road with a myriad of catering, from on site sandwiches to a great burger, and fab sirloin of beef with all the trimmings. I didn't go hungry.:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    No one eating this evening , no ?!

Golden Wonder cheese and onion crisps .

We were all waiting for you to make some tasty treats mam so we could be your tasters,just for erm......quality control purposes of course incase you got poisened, we'd get food poisened instead :pac: :3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@grandeeod.... you forget that not all of us are in Ireland or work boring 9-5 hours...

So we are always here 😀

Drinking some lite Portuguese beer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

smurfjed wrote: »
    @grandeeod.... you forget that not all of us are in Ireland or work boring 9-5 hours...

So we are always here ��

Drinking some lite Portuguese beer

Ah didn't forget about many smurfjed. I don't do 9 - 5 either.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Cheese burger

coffee so far... up in the night with buttered toast.... tired in the way it goes after a good sleep following wakeful nights,,, kind of ?? hungover??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

0lddog wrote: »
    I wonder if Tara makes some sort of wild plum spirit ? IIRC they are divils for that in Germany with all sort of still operation exemptions handed down from great great grandfathers time :)

haha, no, I don't make plum spirit.:) should be delicious, but I thought it's more a polish/eastern european thing. never knew anybody here who made it. maybe more in the south of Germany, I'm in the north.

my father once made cherry spirit from little wild cherries. that was great!!:D:D

how do you got to know this plum spirit and where in G?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Bacon and sausage, with poached eggs.

• Advertisement

Cup of coffee for now, fryup on the cards for later. :)

Hungry but too tired to cook etc... By the time I had food ready would be unable to eat it.... Hence old ladies loving toast.. and cold baked beans.. Hey! watch this space...

Had a big fryup after eleven, all the usual, with tea/coffee, and toast.

Coffee now before I head out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Pineapple yoghurt and a glass of orange juice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

tara73 wrote: »
    .......maybe more in the south of Germany, I'm in the north........

Yes, Barvarians ;). Long time ago now, probably in the 60's was some old men ( they were probably born in the late 1800's ).

Show them any fruit or veg and that would set them off on its properties for distillation. One of them had made a lethal hooch from "wild herbs" :eek:.

Still, nice to have a choice rather than just the potato hooch that was made over here.
    A choc digestive and a mug of coffee

Had fried potatoes and baked beans early on, then raw oats and malted wheats with milk and sugar later....That may be it for the day,,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was gonna have my catch bar but having 10 Grapes instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Iced tea.

Just had coffee and salad sandwiches.

I may have had a creamy cappuccino and cake when I was out :)

Fancy a glass of wine and chocs now.

It is Saturday after all. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Peanuts/hazelnuts and almonds

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement