Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Graduated to a perfectly boiled goose egg my kind neighbours gave me. Free range, utterly delicious and needed a teacup a eggcup...Coffee .. will go and thank the goose later...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ham rolls again and an apple, god damn there just so good and simple to make and go really well with a cupan tae ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Barry's and Toast with lashings of butter & honey.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lettuce, scallion and mayonnaise all on a crispy bread roll

Autosport wrote: »
    Lettuce, scallion and mayonnaise all on a crispy bread roll

That seems quite restrained for you Auto?!

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »
    That seems quite restrained for you Auto?!

It’s only lunch ;) sometimes I like the simple things too :)

About to dive into a lovely ready meal then BED. Looking forward greatly to both

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Guggy eggs (aka gucky eggs, aka eggs mashed in a mug with butter and salt) with buttery batch toast and tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭kimokanto

Guggy eggs (aka gucky eggs, aka eggs mashed in a mug with butter and salt) with buttery batch toast and tea.

Cannibal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ah memories are made of this stuff! My Nana first introduced me to that in the late 70s. Add the batch and its feckin heaven.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's a long weekend alright and still no decent stay in bed time!

Friday, I had a nice fillet steak covered in onion rings, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Side salad and homemade fries on the side. Little jug of pepper sauce too. I wasn't paying. A perk of my job and in a nice hotel.:D

Saturday - started the day with a nice fry up. I have to mention the stuff I'm buying in Lidl lately. Great quality and brilliant value. Rashers. Sausages. Black and white pudding, soda bread. I used to be a strictly Denny or Galtee and McCambridge man, but not anymore. Paying half the price now and equal quality.
    Then Rugby, Pints and to a friends house for a few more beers and dinner. Mrs G. and Little G. were with me too. A delicious retro meal of Scampi, Chips and Side Salad. All home and in bed by 9pm.:D

Today - Never moved outside the door, Finished off the Lidl gear for breakie. The girlies ordered a Pizza for dinner. A 14 inch monster. with dips. I'm going the same route but it will be a Chinese! Heineken is still flowing! First day/weekend off in a while. No school tomorrow either!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Big Mac meal and a McFlurry. :D

Tomato and cheese pasta with pepperoni all washed down with club orange

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Italian meatballs skinny chips and peas. Followed by choc biscuits and plenty of tea.
    Third of three nights off and enjoying it. Looking forward to work tomorrow night:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Tofu in green pepper and blackbean sauce, chips, fried rice. Followed by a dairy milk and washed down with some cheap cider.

McDonalds for dinner. Was lovely.

Coffee ( folgers bags) and a chunk of no - bake flapjack.. Had toast and honey at silly o'clock

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just simple tea and toast today.

Early lunch of a Wispa bad preceded by a toasted cheese sandwich

Coffee with some no bake banana, peanut butter, chocolate flap jack. Very filling and so tasty.

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »
    Coffee with some no bake banana, peanut butter, chocolate flap jack. Very filling and so tasty.

That is an interesting variation on mine... ;) I have made it with peanut butter in the past..

Graces7 wrote: »
    That is an interesting variation on mine... ;) I have made it with peanut butter in the past..

The banana, peanut butter and chocolate combination is fab. I like using the nut butter for the extra calories and protein for my boy (I don't need the extra calories ;) ) Some maple syrup in it too for a bit of sweetness. Melted chocolate mixed with mashed banana turns fudge like when it cools. Layer of oats, peanut butter and maple syrup mix, then the banana choc fudge and another layer of the oat mixture. Very very simple and great that there's no cooking so the little fella can help start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Fancy beans on Toast.

Baked beans, with chopped Sausages, Smokey Streaky bacon, and Chorizo, over hot buttered soda bread. Oh, and a mug of tae.

The banana, peanut butter and chocolate combination is fab. I like using the nut butter for the extra calories and protein for my boy (I don't need the extra calories ;) ) Some maple syrup in it too for a bit of sweetness. Melted chocolate mixed with mashed banana turns fudge like when it cools. Layer of oats, peanut butter and maple syrup mix, then the banana choc fudge and another layer of the oat mixture. Very very simple and great that there's no cooking so the little fella can help start to finish.

Could you share the actual recipe please?

I did it by eye so I'll try my best!

2 cups oats
    Maple syrup to taste
    1/2 cup peanut butter

An Easter egg ( :o )
    One mashed banana

Mix oats, maple syrup and peanut butter in a bowl. You want a sticky consistency but not too wet.

Press about 2/3 of the oat mix into a baking tin lined with grease proof paper. Really pack it in tight.

Melt about 150g chocolate (All I had was an Easter egg. I think dark would be nicer to be honest) and stir in a well mashed overripe banana

Spread the banana choc mixture onto the packed oat mixture.

Top with the rest of the oat mix.

Allow to set. It doesn't set solid mind you, they're soft.

Enjoy with coffee

Sounds great, thank you. :)

I did it by memory but got the recipe online. I have it saved on the pc so when I get on it I'll post the link for exact measurements.

I did it by eye so I'll try my best!

2 cups oats
    Maple syrup to taste
    1/2 cup peanut butter

An Easter egg ( :o )
    One mashed banana

Mix oats, maple syrup and peanut butter in a bowl. You want a sticky consistency but not too wet.

Press about 2/3 of the oat mix into a baking tin lined with grease proof paper. Really pack it in tight.

Melt about 150g chocolate (All I had was an Easter egg. I think dark would be
    nicer to be honest) and stir in a well mashed overripe banana

Spread the banana choc mixture onto the packed oat mixture.

Top with the rest of the oat mix.

Allow to set. It doesn't set solid mind you, they're soft.

Enjoy with coffee

Very different from mine... I used peanut butter once but it turned out too sweet even for me

Just managed unintentional fish and chips ;)

Had some parboiled potatoes needing eating so put the chip pan on the gas.. Sorting out the freezer getting ready to make the shopping list and thought, ok I have frozen fish so in it went and by the time i had fed dog and cats, it was ready... So easy..

• Advertisement

McDonalds Chips, mam brought me back some as she knew I'd be stealing hers :o:D.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement