Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Whispered wrote: »
    Dip EVERYTHING into it. Crackers, chopped veggies, chips, salads. Use instead of butter with cheese and tomato. Put it on pasta, on plain meats it's apparently lovely (my husband likes it with chicken, lamb and steak). It's one of my top budget foods because it's decent nutritionally and makes even the plainest snack a meal.

EDIT: I'm like a hummus pusher. Drugs are bad kids, m'kay.

I am impressed! Maybe tomorrow!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

About to mix the secret concoction that turns minced beef into my legendary beef burgers. Chips are cut and soaking.

Getting rather peckish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Corn cake dipped in hummus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Beans and toast.
    No hummus

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mint magnum ice cream

Followed by chips and curry dip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭badabing106

2 teaspoons of gin, 4 pieces of kale, wedge of lime

A toasted hot cross bun ( on special at Dunnes ;) and coffee.. Today though is definitely a tinned tomato soup day... DeFINItelY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Tea and Toast. Feeling a bit wobbly this morning and it did me the power of good.

Creme egg

Stuffed! A big toasted cheese sandwich... coffee.. may not need to eat again for several days. POUFF!;).. and a 7 cent pear.. there is a 49 cent pineapple waiting..LOVE the big 4 price war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Homemade pasta with "dinosaur sauce"

I had made the pasta before realising I didn't have the ingredients for pesto. So I improvised. Yoghurt, a handful of fresh basil, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Blitzed into a fluorescent green sauce, the colour of which delighted the 3 year old. Very tasty and one I'll do again.

The last of the Christmas Turkish Delight.. I refuse to eat the Cadbury Creme eggs until Easter Sunday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

In for some homemade pizza later, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,129 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In the supermarket earlier and I spotted a great little idea from that crazy crowd at McDonnell's. I usually make up my own mix, but this looks handy. Gonna try it later. Peppers, onions and chillis are ready to go. A Friday evening drinkie first!

spice bag mix.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,873 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    In the supermarket earlier and I spotted a great little idea from that crazy crowd at McDonnell's. I usually make up my own mix, but this looks handy. Gonna try it later. Peppers, onions and chillis are ready to go. A Friday evening drinkie first!

spice bag mix.jpg

Don't forget to give us the verdict on how it tastes please :)

Lamb chops, broccoli, Mashed Potatoes

Followed by Warm apple pie and custard

Autosport wrote: »

I will be right over so please save me some ;) Not the lamb chops;you can have all those...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Baby boiled spuds and pork sausages, with fried diced bacon, lambs liver and onions. Custard with Christmas Pudding (!!!) to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

OH brought me home some souvlaki. I’ve never had Greek food before, I’m officially a fan now, it was delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Fish pie, made the sauce with creme fraiche, garlic, chili, chopped boiled eggs, dill, peas and grated cheese, so easy to make and very filling. Had it with spinach and carrots and a glass of Pinot Grigio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Ice cream

Now munching on Ham and Pineapple pizza :)

Now munching on Ham and Pineapple pizza :)

Wow baby! Are we talking about the same day? If so, Im packing right now and heading to Kilkenny.:D

Wow baby! Are we talking about the same day? If so, Im packing right now and heading to Kilkenny.:D

Yup just finished pizza now :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just back from the new burger joint, had a Cajun chicken burger and chips, my god it was divine!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I'm eating Mr Kipling French fancies and drinking chocolate milk. I'm 35 years old.

Must stop reading this thread.. lol... one thing re living alone is that you never get to eat anything you did not cook ) I think that that makes sense!) And no takeaways here.... Not that they are within budget anyways.

Trying to remember when I last had a hot meal I did not cook... That is why I sometimes use the excellent ready meals ;) POOOOOOOOR Graces.. lol

Must try sleep.. rest well.....

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Don't forget to give us the verdict on how it tastes please :)

It was very very spicy and hot. I mixed the chicken and chips into the wok with all the veg as instructed. Pure magic!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,873 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It was very very spicy and hot. I mixed the chicken and chips into the wok with all the veg as instructed. Pure magic!

Brilliant !
    Must pick up one and try it here , thanks for that !

• Advertisement

coffee times two

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement