Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** SANTA STRIKE FORCE 2016! ***

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You are not mistaken. There was a very scared kindly old codger on security who we left up to his oxters in toys :)

Temple Street actually gets a great deal of support from the general public and has a whole mechanism to deal with donations etc. We've shied away from them for the last while simply because its hard to make a big impact on such a machine and also because believe it or not they are one of the better supplied charities/hospitals out there (everyone know someone who has had a kid in Temple Street).

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

E972771P 300 euro. Happy Xmas.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

2 days of €20 per pledge, plus that €50 - another €700 by bank transfer

Merry Christmas everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

E972771P 300 euro. Happy Xmas.
    Beasty wrote: »
    2 days of €20 per pledge, plus that €50 - another €700 by bank transfer

Merry Christmas everyone

You pair of legends. Enjoy that fuzzy feeling of satisfaction today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Delighted to be able to contribute something again to this mighty cause in 2016. 30e donated with transaction ending in 9841

Happy Christmas folks and best wishes for 2017:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I did pretty well this Christmas, so thought I'd share the wealth. :)

€50 donated.
    Transaction ID 71959378MD9077637.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Bit late but €50 donated.

Happy Christmas and Happy new year!

Tx ID ending for reference: ...196021L

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Bit late
    Never late! SSF is always with us, just gets a bit more of a push around XMas

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

we've had people donate in July! That said, I'll be rounding up the totals this week. We'll start doing the accounts in public too now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

DeVore wrote: »
    SO.... I hit Crumlin's Childrens Heart Ward this week with tables, ps4, TV, games, moveable trolley stand (so the Ps4 and TV can be moved from ward to ward, cos the kids are immobile) and extra wireless controllers because its always better to play with mates. Oh and seating for the common room because they didn't have much to sit on so sofa and some bucket chairs too (mostly for parents and nurses I guess but Imma give that a pass because its xmas :) )

Pics coming on Wednesday/Thursday! I'll get a total cost on that shortly (need to do my accounts but I will!).

I had donated on the 15th of December. Payment ending in ...5967FM319032D
    I didn't know where the money was going to go at that time but knew it wouldn't be wasted.

When I saw the above post on the 19th it brought a tear to my eye but also a smile to my face as I had a cousin in that ward at that moment. It made me feel that not only was I trying to make things slightly easier for my cousin and their family but that others were doing so as well. Also, it confirmed that you can donate to good causes without money going to CEO top ups or credit card use as we've heard about.

Thanks to all involved in SSF and particularly DeVore and Beasty for their selfless generosity.

See ye back here in about 11 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

SO.... I hit Crumlin's Childrens Heart Ward this week with tables, ps4, TV, games, moveable trolley stand (so the Ps4 and TV can be moved from ward to ward, cos the kids are immobile) and extra wireless controllers because its always better to play with mates. Oh and seating for the common room because they didn't have much to sit on so sofa and some bucket chairs too (mostly for parents and nurses I guess but Imma give that a pass because its xmas :) )

I was a patient in the Heart Ward in Crumlin donkey's years ago, and I will never forget how much effort the staff put in to make the whole experience seem enjoyable. I remember being unable to move for a few days after surgery, so the whole movable trolley stand is a godsend.

Well done DeV and Happy New Year

The staff I meet are amazing all over the place, from the volunteers in Barretstown to the mothers who run Blossom Ireland to the nurses who are so kind while still being professional (and you know, have an actual job to do too :) ). Theres a lot of hard working people in the system so while sometimes I want to pull my hair out at the health service I cant forget that many of these people are basically fingers in the dam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Interesting target alright... that gofundme is very old though and 10k would be half our funds. Which, by the way are:

Paypal: 8,733.39
    Bank account: 11,062.94

So that's 19,796 euros (there will be some transfer costs from paypal but its something like 4 euro or a similar small amount).

That's a great year, thank you all (you know who you are...)

That includes some of last years as I keep about 2-3k in the account... why? Well often its because a charity hasn't gotten back to me since say, july and then in September comes back and goes "oh you said we could have our choice of things, right?" Its super mega annoying because it means I need a float for months after making an offer but on the plus side things like the Crumlin Heart ward benefitted from it this year (they got a project from funding that wasn't used up). It also allows me to see a target during the year and make an emergency strike on them ... which is always fun :)

You are all about to find out that charities are not always the most coherent organisations to work with... honestly, you would think that someone offering you *anything within reason* would get people off their arses but even today I'm chasing someone I've phoned and/or mailed three times so get them to respond to me. Its ... hair-tearingly annoying sometimes. You really have to wonder. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Bit late sorry, but only realised thread was here recently.

Donated 50, receipt 9TW77699KH093520H

• Registered Users Posts: 30,090 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

€100 (via bank account) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Ooops... finally made my transfer today, sorry for delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

Interesting target alright... that gofundme is very old though and 10k would be half our funds. Which, by the way are:

Paypal: 8,733.39
    Bank account: 11,062.94

So that's 19,796 euros (there will be some transfer costs from paypal but its something like 4 euro or a similar small amount).

That's a great year, thank you all (you know who you are...)

That includes some of last years as I keep about 2-3k in the account... why? Well often its because a charity hasn't gotten back to me since say, july and then in September comes back and goes "oh you said we could have our choice of things, right?" Its super mega annoying because it means I need a float for months after making an offer but on the plus side things like the Crumlin Heart ward benefitted from it this year (they got a project from funding that wasn't used up). It also allows me to see a target during the year and make an emergency strike on them ... which is always fun :)

You are all about to find out that charities are not always the most coherent organisations to work with... honestly, you would think that someone offering you *anything within reason* would get people off their arses but even today I'm chasing someone I've phoned and/or mailed three times so get them to respond to me. Its ... hair-tearingly annoying sometimes. You really have to wonder. :rolleyes:

So very true sadly. Part of my donations went to this because one i usually give to weren't half arsed. So silver lining. Although i still feel a sense of guilt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

For the honour of my new name here's €10
    Transaction ending D9514847

Advertisement