Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** SANTA STRIKE FORCE 2016! ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Poor beasty won't be able to afford a meal for Christmas at this rate! I'll be donating next week when I get paid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭userfriendly

€20 donated

Transaction ending: 826922L

Pair play Beasty and well done everyone that's donated!

I'm a broke student in his last year of college so I can only donate 10 euro this year but if career goes well I hope to donate much more next year :D I'll edit this in a few minutes with the reference number.

update: I had 13 in my account so an extra 3 euro :D receipt number is: 1NB04952UN507533H. I would love to give more but its all funds will allow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

We have a pet photo competition every Christmas in the Animals & Pets forum, the winner gets €20 donated to the SSF on their behalf.
    Trouble is, we won't know the winner til tomorrow night... I feel it'd be wrong not to squeeze the extra few quid out of Beasty by waiting til then, given his brilliant offer closes tonight :D
    So I've just transferred €20 over to SSF in advance of tomorrow night.
    Sorry Beasty :o
    I'll post the winner tomorrow :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

DBB wrote: »
    We have a pet photo competition every Christmas in the Animals & Pets forum, the winner gets €20 donated to the SSF on their behalf.
    Trouble is, we won't know the winner til tomorrow night... I feel it'd be wrong not to squeeze the extra few quid out of Beasty by waiting til then, given his brilliant offer closes tonight :D
    So I've just transferred €20 over to SSF in advance of tomorrow night.
    Sorry Beasty :o
    I'll post the winner tomorrow :)
    Oops! did I not say......

Matching extended to midnight Saturday the 17th

:)

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Oops! did I not say......

Matching extended to midnight Saturday the 17th

Beasty just wondering what's your favourite PIN number? And where do you keep your bank card :P

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty just wondering what's your favourite PIN number?
    Tend to use different ones for different things. Think I've used nearly 10,000 of them over the years, but none of them a particular favourite except for 0666

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I assume beasty is already in "legends of the boards" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Feeling shyte today so doing something good to cheer myself up!
    100 yoyos into the account!

cheers beasty

Have a good Christmas Everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Red_Open

Ending:830S

Another broke student adding a tenner. Well done all, and thanks Beasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 ChunLi

€50 in the pot. Thanks so much for matching the donations Beasty.
    Receipt number: 7VD940218A571971H

Happy Christmas everyone, it always warms my heart to see the generosity of people on Boards.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

DBB wrote: »
    We have a pet photo competition every Christmas in the Animals & Pets forum, the winner gets €20 donated to the SSF on their behalf...
    ...I'll post the winner tomorrow :)

Not only did we have a winner, we have TWO winners! (It's a conspiracy, I swear!) :o

Thankfully, Beasty has extended his offer to tonight, so woohoo! I've just stuck another €20 into the SSF fund, so €20 on behalf of each winner, making a total of €40.

And our winners are....
    Capercaillie's very popular old pooch TinTin... this elderly gent is not a small bit spoiled, yes, we've seen the birthday photos with the fillet steak :D
    dnk29v.jpg

and

SillyMangoX's lil cat Dude, a bitter sweet result because last year, this fella was joined winner in another category, but this year he won the category for photos of pets who are no longer with us :(
    2qnmf6h.jpg

Both of these pets are well known in the Animals & Pets forum, both very deserving winners.
    Well done to you both!

Roll up! Roll up!

Matching definitely finishes at midnight....

....tomorrow, Sunday the 18th

and just to help out a bit more I'll add another tenner for every poster making a pledge in this thread between now and then

So if you pledge 5, I'll match that and add 10, turning your fiver into 20 for SSF

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

50. Transaction ending 7799622U.
    Thanks Beasty.
    [SSF]SSF[/SSF]

10 money transfer ID: 82E3469237680971D

Happy Christmas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Beasty wrote: »
    Roll up! Roll up!

Matching definitely finishes at midnight....

....tomorrow, Sunday the 18th

and just to help out a bit more I'll add another tenner for every poster making a pledge in this thread between now and then

So if you pledge 5, I'll match that and add 10, turning your fiver into 20 for SSF

Beasty - you're killing me.

€200 more from me - transaction ending in 342W.

Now, I'm not doing this again.. Until I get paid next week! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Can't donate just yet but the size of the donation depends on how I get on with this. https://www.strava.com/challenges/rapha-festive500-2016

Every kilometer I do adds 10c to the size of the donation so hopefully I'll be donating at least €50 come New Years.

P_1 wrote: »
    Can't donate just yet but the size of the donation depends on how I get on with this. https://www.strava.com/challenges/rapha-festive500-2016

Every kilometer I do adds 10c to the size of the donation so hopefully I'll be donating at least €50 come New Years.
    You've pledged it today, so it qualifies for the matching (€50) + €10

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Until I get paid next week! :pac:

Just checked - I got paid on Friday....

....Phew!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

€20. Transaction ID 1FK85296NH2703644

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

€20 (hope I will have more to give next time around).

TX ID 0FX38280XV510745T

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Hurry Up payday I wanna pledge some monies :/

hdowney wrote: »
    Hurry Up payday I wanna pledge some monies :/

Let me know when you sort something out - I'll include it in the match (plus a tenner)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

€20 in.

3CV712157D643745C

Beasty, top bloke as always. Hats off to you sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

€100 in the pot.

87P01895GX641931M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Small payment; receipt number: 3DL330105E9880402 glad to help even if only a bit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

To follow Chucote, I needed a new tyre for my bike that was failing, then I seen Beastys post and thought, need is the wrong word, I would like a new tyre so I don't keep getting punctures on my commute to work but need is wrong, there are far better things my money could go to before work pays me next month.

Receipt number: 8P482275NC531410P

CramCycle wrote: »
    To follow Chucote, I needed a new tyre for my bike that was failing, then I seen Beastys post and thought, need is the wrong word, I would like a new tyre so I don't keep getting punctures on my commute to work but need is wrong, there are far better things my money could go to before work pays me next month.

Receipt number: 8P482275NC531410P

For a wholly unreasonable man, you're pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hipps72

€25 sent
    Transaction ID: 16A710729Y5131847

Great cause well done to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

Beasty, you're a beautiful beast.
    €100 donated.
    Receipt number: 65330505H8425840E
    Now go do some good!

Advertisement