Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** SANTA STRIKE FORCE 2016! ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Think I'm getting the same addiction as Beasty. Putting another 60 in

6DC298147C724811H

• Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'll be getting paid this week so will pop 20 into the pot then.

May be able to make it more, will find out when I see how much I actually get (new job, missed days due to surgery, not 100% on how it'll work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Donated now:
    Receipt number: 43P820042S7174307

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I done a donation, like.

Receipt: 11R79913SW5873240

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

20 donated. Receipt ending 245T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

25euro donated with Beasty kindly matching,

Bank transfer with my username as reference, happy to help when comes to children, involved with junior achievement and donating last hour with work to benefit kids charity too.

Superb to see someone do this cost free, credit to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

40€

9AH300958M064940H

Merry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭bren2001

Threw in €20.
    89935652TN816553U
    Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Tenner donated, fair play folks.

9J252047K10973202

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Just donated €20 via Paypal (transaction ending in PP717263E).

Great work Devore for organising and Beasty for the generosity.

Happy Christmas all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Keep it coming...
    1V307057T74621905

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

SO.... I hit Crumlin's Childrens Heart Ward this week with tables, ps4, TV, games, moveable trolley stand (so the Ps4 and TV can be moved from ward to ward, cos the kids are immobile) and extra wireless controllers because its always better to play with mates. Oh and seating for the common room because they didn't have much to sit on so sofa and some bucket chairs too (mostly for parents and nurses I guess but Imma give that a pass because its xmas :) )

Pics coming on Wednesday/Thursday! I'll get a total cost on that shortly (need to do my accounts but I will!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

DeVore wrote: »
    SO.... I hit Crumlin's Childrens Heart Ward this week with tables, ps4, TV, games, moveable trolley stand (so the Ps4 and TV can be moved from ward to ward, cos the kids are immobile) and extra wireless controllers because its always better to play with mates. Oh and seating for the common room because they didn't have much to sit on so sofa and some bucket chairs too (mostly for parents and nurses I guess but Imma give that a pass because its xmas :) )

Pics coming on Wednesday/Thursday! I'll get a total cost on that shortly (need to do my accounts but I will!).

My child was in this ward twice so I know exactly how much this all means; especially things for the common room. While sick children and babies have a hard time in hospital, they're often sedated, or being ferried from one end of a hospital to another. Their parents, brothers, sisters and family often have a very hard time emotionally, and tend to be stuck around for hours at a time in small, uncomfortable spaces waiting with nothing but fear, boredom or hopelessness pounding through their heads.

You'd be amazed what 10 minutes off the ward with quiet, a comfortable seat, and a cup of tea can do for someone in this situation.

Thanks to everyone who donated. It makes a mockery of the government's total failure to organise a new hospital and the millions wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Just donated 5D388726JW876035Y

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

+10euro
    9JB17832FV221722B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Threw in few bob myself, transaction ending PA328702L.

Happy Christmas!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well I reckon 3 days of matching = €1,693
    + 16 x €10 pledges made on Sunday = €160
    2 posters didn't specify how much they contributed and in 1 case a for now unspecified payment will be made on payday

Let's say €2,000, which I'll do a bank transfer for

Thanks to everyone for helping add a bit of interest and throwing some hard cash into this great cause

Now need to go and get that Idiots Guide to Chess out of the library.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Fair play to you Beasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭dmc17

+ €10

*059581S

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

My child was in this ward twice so I know exactly how much this all means; especially things for the common room. While sick children and babies have a hard time in hospital, they're often sedated, or being ferried from one end of a hospital to another. Their parents, brothers, sisters and family often have a very hard time emotionally, and tend to be stuck around for hours at a time in small, uncomfortable spaces waiting with nothing but fear, boredom or hopelessness pounding through their heads.

You'd be amazed what 10 minutes off the ward with quiet, a comfortable seat, and a cup of tea can do for someone in this situation.

Thanks to everyone who donated. It makes a mockery of the government's total failure to organise a new hospital and the millions wasted.
    One of the hardest things to see are the siblings. The kids who *aren't* sick but who have to sit around for ages because they have a sibling who is sick. They don't get the attention, the don't get the quality time and they pretty much don't get the sort of pressies their friends get because the parents are stretched thin on all fronts by the requirements of a sick kid. My heart breaks for those kids because pretty much universally they are well mannered and being "team players" and just getting on with it. One of the great things about Barretstown is that they work with the siblings too because too often they get the short end of the stick because there is no other choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

1353C ending on transaction just donated €25. Its not a lot but was very impressed with devore and others at how they are putting themselves out there to help the less fortunate.

I hope it helps and well done to everyone else for all the donations.

Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Here you go, €20 from my home.
    Ends with SW4999152

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Nearly forgot SSF this year until I noticed Beasty's post on the cycing forum! €50 via paypal, receipt ending 266061Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

Delete if chat is not allowed.
    By any chance this great idea can be connected with a mobile phone payments.
    For example, I know a lot of people on prepay phone tariff who accumulated call credits over past ...months (tesco €15 tariff and etc) but they don't know what to do with it and would be more than happy to help if they can donate it.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

10 euro Donated last five digits **********75259

• Subscribers Posts: 688 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Great cause, great effort!

€20 - 97D7453614835522U

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

+25
    9R8645293T634800Y

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

£100 donated, 5D908744X5928721W. Well done all.

bars wrote: »
    Delete if chat is not allowed.
    By any chance this great idea can be connected with a mobile phone payments.
    For example, I know a lot of people on prepay phone tariff who accumulated call credits over past ...months (tesco €15 tariff and etc) but they don't know what to do with it and would be more than happy to help if they can donate it.
    Thank you
    Mobile phone payments take a large chunk of the payment and are expensive to set up too :(

They are the chuggers of the digital world... :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Another €20 in the pot there. Receipt ending in ***V5786448. Keep up the good work

Advertisement