Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SierraTango

Same issue, very annoying.
    Is your software version 1.49.22257? Google support claim nothing is up after an hour on chat with them. Loads of people experiencing this issue too

Hi is anyone having issues with Home or Home mini giving "sorry there was a glitch try again" or "something went wrong". I have tried unlinking, reboot, factory reset and reinstalling the Home app.. It happens for both me and my wife asking. It then works the next time I ask.

Nest nub works fine when asked and no loss of casting functions from other devices eg Spotify / TuneIn.

I'm getting "sorry I don't understand" after everything. It does what I tell it to but then I get the "sorry I don't understand" a second or two later. I'm starting to lose my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is your software version 1.49.22257? Google support claim nothing is up after an hour on chat with them. Loads of people experiencing this issue too

Yes!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I'm getting "sorry I don't understand" after everything. It does what I tell it to but then I get the "sorry I don't understand" a second or two later. I'm starting to lose my mind.

Are you sure it's not conversation continue is making this happen?

After first command GH continues listen for any subsequent command. As you think your done and continue some random talking or even noise GH doesn't understand and follows with your issue above...?

Perhaps but it only started happening today or yesterday. I say "Hey Google play RTE Gold" and there's an unusually long pause of silence before the channel starts playing and then suddenly "sorry I don't understand".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I wasn't interested as a replacement for any of the in house google devices but a bonus battery operated garden google speaker could be useful especially at this price (even with the caveat that it probably wont get any updated google features).

EDIT: The 12£ delivery to Ireland is annoying though, address pal so.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/B9-800-Bluetooth-Waterproof-Assistant/dp/B07KWC665D

Might be less hassle just to order from Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Yes!

Im on 1.49.222572 did you guys leave out the last digit?

Also does it make any odds if the google homes are set to Language USA English?

Left out the 2,sorry.. My devices are USA English but I've tried UK English and same issue. Unsubscribed from the Preview program thinking that might be it but I've run out of troubleshooting with Google support. "send feedback" through the app was their last suggestion.

I found sometimes my google system acted funny as I had them on different radios from my router, Half on 2.4ghz and half on 5ghz. I rebooted the router and they all worked fine. Have you got the devices in the same home mixed on the radio bands if its a dual band router?

Also I found another glitch I had 2 homes set up in my google app so I had half my devices in 1 home and half in the other. The google homes would sometimes act funny. I sorted out the app deleted the second home and added those devices back to the first home. Again sorted all those funny gremlins. Not sure how the second home on the app appeared.

I also turned off the "send google device usage and crash info" have had it on years but i never found it helped with anything or had any feedback on it.

Also turned off the "preview programmes" in 4 years I have never noticed any previews on google home or chromecast lol

Has anyone experienced any Previews on any of their google devices?
    I have had it turned on years on my chromecast and homes and I dont recall ever experieniencing any new updates . Is it a scam to get your info?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Some sort of interference coming through when I was listening to Lyric FM this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Hi is anyone having issues with Home or Home mini giving "sorry there was a glitch try again" or "something went wrong". I have tried unlinking, reboot, factory reset and reinstalling the Home app.. It happens for both me and my wife asking. It then works the next time I ask.

Nest nub works fine when asked and no loss of casting functions from other devices eg Spotify / TuneIn.

Did you or anyone manage to sort this? Have this issue the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

christy c wrote: »
    Did you or anyone manage to sort this? Have this issue the last couple of weeks.
    I’m having the same issue. It’s wrecking my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Fishy1 wrote: »
    I’m having the same issue. It’s wrecking my head!

+1!

No resolution from Google support but it seems to be working okay now. Fingers crossed it stays working.

No resolution from Google support but it seems to be working okay now. Fingers crossed it stays working.

I spoke WAY too soon.... Back to not working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I spoke WAY too soon.... Back to not working again.

Still an issue on my 3 mini's. Very annoying. Might bin them for Alexa.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

Still an issue on my 3 mini's. Very annoying. Might bin them for Alexa.

I just binned alexa for google. There are problems on both platforms

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

Google Home doesn't 2fm for me. It's says it's not available right now.

Anyone else have this issue? It's been like this for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Had it on and off with Newstalk as well where it just works randomly

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This issue seems to have disappeared on mine over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

2FM working fine for me when I asked it to play just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

Twigster wrote: »
    Had it on and off with Newstalk as well where it just works randomly

I have to say Newstalk FM and it works then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Tried it there and not working for me either, tried "2fm", "rte 2fm", "rte radio 2fm", "rte radio 2".

FWIW "rte radio 1" plays fine Radio 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I suppose it's more of an alert for bargains, but looks like some Google sales coming this Sunday cmyYYa9.png

Not sure what to expect discounted, still waiting on Pixel 5! They'd hardly discount the Pixel 4a before it ships?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Could do with another hub max and maybe a Nest outdoor camera - fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Shlippery wrote: »
    I suppose it's more of an alert for bargains, but looks like some Google sales coming this Sunday
    Not sure what to expect discounted, still waiting on Pixel 5! They'd hardly discount the Pixel 4a before it ships?

Looks unlikely for the 4a, no mention of 5 though.
    1 Terms apply. Selected products only. Offer does not include Pixelbook Go, Pixel 4a, Pixel Buds, Nest Aware

And just thinking the hub max is not on sale here I doubt that will be avaliable either.

Bought my first one at Dixons Dublin Airport last year....I miss my airport shopping :(

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Tried it there and not working for me either, tried "2fm", "rte 2fm", "rte radio 2fm", "rte radio 2".

FWIW "rte radio 1" plays fine Radio 1!

I've had the same issue for some time myself, very frustrating. It worked once for me so I'd try it every now and again - I'm a glutton for frustration it seems.

So tonight, after another failed attempt, I asked "Is 2fm on Tunein?". The answer was "...RTE 2fm/90.7fm Dublin, Ireland, free internet radio, TuneIn".

Then I asked "Stream 90.7fm Dublin"... the response "Okay, here's RTE 2fm from Tunein". \o/

Granted I then heard what passes for rap/R&B these days and promptly turned it off, but hey, it worked.

• Advertisement

Nest Hubs now work with Disney Plus....you just have to link your Disney Plus account in the home app first.

Advertisement