Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Anyone else getting "sorry there was a glitch" from their home on 9/10 requests recently?

I have a Google home, works perfectly. Got a nest mini free with yt music, and it was glitching nearly all the time, even at random times. I moved it away from the TV and that got it down to 2/10 requests glitching.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Netflix is now supposed to work on Google hubs and hub max's....not working for me though 🀔

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/21/netflix-is-finally-available-on-the-nest-hub-and-nest-hub-max/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Netflix is now supposed to work on Google hubs and hub max's....not working for me though ��

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/21/netflix-is-finally-available-on-the-nest-hub-and-nest-hub-max/

Doesn't work for me either (so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

Does anyone else find it impossible to sync audio on the google chromecast? Happened a month ago that everything suddenly started to be out of sync and it is impossible to get perfect using the audio delay settings on google home.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,181 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Netflix is now supposed to work on Google hubs and hub max's....not working for me though 🀔

This works for me now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Fitz* wrote: »
    This works for me now.

Just checked - working for me.

Anyone with a Lenovo screen, does it work on one of those given they have Google assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Got rid of the Nest mini that came free with a subscription due to it constantly disconnecting. Was going to get an older Home Mini to replace but s family member had an unopened Nest mini they weren't going to use so gave it to me. Installed it 2 hours ago and it's already unlinked itself. What is it with these!?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

baldshin wrote: »
    Got rid of the Nest mini that came free with a subscription due to it constantly disconnecting. Was going to get an older Home Mini to replace but s family member had an unopened Nest mini they weren't going to use so gave it to me. Installed it 2 hours ago and it's already unlinked itself. What is it with these!?

Unlinked from what?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Unlinked from what?

Unlinked from the Home app/household.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭opus

I contacted RTE as when I asked the Home to play the news in the morning (RTE, BBC & NPR) the RTE bulletin is way out of date sometimes by more than a day. They didn't seem too concerned in their reply but maybe it will be fixed or maybe not! It's been like this for quite a while.
    Thanks for writing, I'm very happy to get your feedback.

Yes, I'm aware that we have had some trouble updating our news for voice assistant devices.

I'm chasing this issue with our digital team and newsroom.

Best regards,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Hi all, anyone else having issues where Google home will not play 2FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nope, working fine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Been trying to get newstalk on my google home ages
    Tried "play newstalk" Didnt work
    Tried "Play 106fm"... Plays cork red fm lol
    Finally "Play NEWSTALK RADIO" finally worked :rolleyes:
    Is there any addition to downloading the tunein app?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Anyone looking to buy a new google home you should seriously consider this "KygoLife Smart Speaker" device instead which works exactly like the google devices but is portable, waterproof, rugged and very inexpensive. see https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058094881

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

"Play Newstalk FM"

'hey google, play newstalk fm radio' always works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

BailMeOut wrote: »
    'hey google, play newstalk fm radio' always works for me.

"Play Newstalk FM on Tunein" works for me every time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

"Play NewsTalk Radio" used to always work for me up until about a month ago now "Play NewsTalk FM" works every time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

My Google Home has lost the plot.

One of the things it is most useful for is "Hey Google, add XXX to the shopping list". All members of the family are voice matched and it would recognise them and add whatever they wanted to the "My shopping list" list but for the last few days Google home has been adding items to a completely random Keep app "Xmas Shopping List" list for some reason.

I've been poking around the Home app trying to see if the Keep "Xmas Shopping List" list had somehow been set as the default Shopping list but can't find any sign of that and Google Home is still showing the correct My Shopping list when I bring it up in Google but none of the items added via my Google Home are showing.

Anyone encounter this problem before and know how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SierraTango

Hi is anyone having issues with Home or Home mini giving "sorry there was a glitch try again" or "something went wrong". I have tried unlinking, reboot, factory reset and reinstalling the Home app.. It happens for both me and my wife asking. It then works the next time I ask.

Nest nub works fine when asked and no loss of casting functions from other devices eg Spotify / TuneIn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Hi is anyone having issues with Home or Home mini giving "sorry there was a glitch try again" or "something went wrong". I have tried unlinking, reboot, factory reset and reinstalling the Home app.. It happens for both me and my wife asking. It then works the next time I ask.

Nest nub works fine when asked and no loss of casting functions from other devices eg Spotify / TuneIn.

Had this problem with a mini. Moving it away from the TV reduced the amount it happens massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Not sure if posted before but just found the option to broadcast to individual speakers
    You can just say Hey Google...,broadcast to TV room
    Or whatever room you want etc

Great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

My Google home speaker has stopped working so I need to replace it (I tried unlinking it / deleting it from the Google app etc etc to no avail).

I need to replace it as I find it very handy. Looking at prices the Google home seems to cost around €99 whereas the Google / Nest home hub costs around €89. I found this a bit strange as the Home hub has a screen so I thought it would be dearer than the Home speaker. Any opinions? I listen to radio / Spotify a lot - is the speaker on the Home Hub of similar quality to the Home speaker? Anything else to be aware of?
    Thanks in advance for your opinions!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

Fishy1 wrote: »
    I listen to radio / Spotify a lot - is the speaker on the Home Hub of similar quality to the Home speaker? Anything else to be aware of?

The Nest Home Hub speaker quality is about the same as the original Home Mini in my experience. The full-size Google Home is far superior, in volume and tone.

BTW, there are strong rumours about a new Nest Home to replace the original Google Home. It could be out any time. This could mean further discounts on the original.

R

Fishy1 wrote: »
    My Google home speaker has stopped working so I need to replace it (I tried unlinking it / deleting it from the Google app etc etc to no avail).

I need to replace it as I find it very handy. Looking at prices the Google home seems to cost around €99 whereas the Google / Nest home hub costs around €89. I found this a bit strange as the Home hub has a screen so I thought it would be dearer than the Home speaker. Any opinions? I listen to radio / Spotify a lot - is the speaker on the Home Hub of similar quality to the Home speaker? Anything else to be aware of?

seriously consider the "KygoLife Smart Speaker" instead which is a google home but in a much better package and cheap as chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

seriously consider the "KygoLife Smart Speaker" instead which is a google home but in a much better package and cheap as chips!

Agree
    Great bit of kit
    Sound out of it is good much better than the hub

However the Nest Hub is a different animal
    Great to have a screen and it’s got so many more uses than just the speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Is this the one? Seems too good to be true at that price. And who doesn't need a floating google assistant speaker. For the pool like.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/kygo-b9-800-smart-speaker-with-google-assistant-chromecast-ipx-7-waterproof-dual-band-wifi-bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Same issue, very annoying.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

RonnieL wrote: »
    Is this the one? Seems too good to be true at that price. And who doesn't need a floating google assistant speaker. For the pool like.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/kygo-b9-800-smart-speaker-with-google-assistant-chromecast-ipx-7-waterproof-dual-band-wifi-bluetooth

Yes, that's it. The deal does seems too good to be true but it's quite real and I am going to order a bunch more of them and use for presents. We have ours outside on the desk in the sun and rain and it works brilliantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Yes, that's it. The deal does seems too good to be true but it's quite real and I am going to order a bunch more of them and use for presents. We have ours outside on the desk in the sun and rain and it works brilliantly.

I wasn't interested as a replacement for any of the in house google devices but a bonus battery operated garden google speaker could be useful especially at this price (even with the caveat that it probably wont get any updated google features).

EDIT: The 12£ delivery to Ireland is annoying though, address pal so.

Advertisement