Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What things make you think someone must be really boring?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

When they nag and tell people how they should live their lives.

One of our friends married a guy like this. At every event he wags his fingers and criticises and chastises how people should be more like him. He's no fun. Boredom incarnate.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

If you changed your FB profile pic to the French national flag after the Bataclan bombings, then you're most likely a thundering bore.

I saw someone today with the club crest of that Brazilian team who crashed as their profiler, nailed on to be a depressingly dull half-wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Candie wrote: »
    hearing about someone's Indigo child or Crystal baby can induce. The Veganazis are a walk in the park compared to the crystals and angels crowd.

What is this? Please explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone who wants to tell me about their diet or work out routine as if it might be in someway interesting. "how are you?", "well I was really bold today , I was visiting my sister so I had a croissant and jam and now tomorrow I'll only eat tomatoes and I'll have popcorn for my treat and then if I'm really desperate I might have 2 squares of 85% chocolate......".
    I mean, just get fat and have something interesting to say for yourself instead please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Anyone who enjoys Ireland AM/The Today Show/Xpose/The 7 O Clock Show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone who says "sneaky pint" or "cheeky pint".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

This is the 600th iteration of Things and People I Find Annoying thread isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Anyone who says "sneaky pint" or "cheeky pint".

Cheeky vino.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I cant stand people who are just like everybody else. The world is filled with people who love to get p!ssed every Saturday night, who spend 10 hours watching football matches, who follow every single Kim Kardashian "update" with passion and those who think there is only one way to live a life.

I like interesting people, the oddballs, those who have travelled far and abroad, those who are unconventional and who don't give a flying fcuk what others think of them- they are the real gems of life.

There's very few genuinely oddball people around though. And it's not generally in the way most cheerleaders of oddball appreciate.

On the other, there's virtually battalions of people that think they're oddball but in reality they're as identikit and hidebound by their supposedly niche cultural tastes as the squares they despise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I'll just come out and say it. People who don't drink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Anyone who enjoys Ireland AM/The Today Show/Xpose/The 7 O Clock Show

Hai Dee Forbes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Good example.
    That's the lengths someone is willing to go to avoid those boring Australia stories.

Well considering he's there 20 years it's probably from when many of our millenials we're in nappies who regale us with their tales of life on Bondi.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

People who get married at 30 'just because' and have a baby 9 months later and never bother going out anymore and make no contact with their friends, and their facebook profile picture is of their wedding day and cover photo of their new baby, then 2 years later they are bored of marriage and fancy other people. i.e. Text book life.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    What is this? Please explain.

These are terms used by New Agey parents, usually rabid anti-vaxers, who's children suffer from behavioural or neurodevelopmental disorders, in an attempt to reframe the challenges as special gifts. Indigo (or Crystal, or Rainbow) kids are supposed to be specially spiritual, intuitive, and posses supernatural other-worldly powers, which serves as a means of explaining their atypical behaviour, and of avoiding a medical diagnosis of anything as banal and unspecial as Aspergers or ADHD or whatever. It also spares them the chore of having to do anything about it, like most parents would in order to maximize their childrens chances of a normal life.

Names like Storm, Angel, Glow and Aura are de rigeur, and home schooling all but compulsory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children

Indigo kids came first, then when they weren't special enough, the Crystal kids arrived. When the Crystal kids and Indigo kids failed to save the world, the Rainbow kids were sent in to finish the job. Or something like that. I think there were Star children too, but I could be imagining knowing that.

I await the arrival of the Amethyst kids with bated breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Candie wrote: »
    ... Aspergers or ADHD or whatever. It also spares them the chore of having to do anything about it, like most parents would in order to maximize their childrens chances of a normal life

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

people whos whole life revolves around the pub. every story starts,ends,or pass s a pub.
    i dont mind a few drinks but get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

The terrible hardships experienced by people who've decided to engage in things that are very likely to cause terrible hardships. First person to climb Everest naked, that person who walked across the Sahara with only an umbrella and dog (that he ate) for company. The guy who lost his toes to frostbite because he decided to do a marathon in the Antarctic barefoot.

You chose to do this to garner obsequious flattery, stop crying.

Boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

buried wrote: »
    People who talk constantly about "the good old days" and start nearly every sentence what comes out their boring holes with the words "remember when..."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

This thread is pretty mad.
    It's about what makes someone seem boring. But so far it's been established if:

- You like coldplay you are boring.
    - If you watch shows like The X factor, I'm a celebrity, GoggleBox etc you are boring.
    - If you mention tablets and other gadgets you are boring.
    - If you talk about sports you are boring.
    etc.

Almost seems like every post is made with someone in mind.... "Oh I hate that Jimmy, he is so boring talking about playing the latest Doom game! you know what I'll post how people who play games are boring!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

Misery Junkies who love telling stories about the misfortunes of others.
    Anytime there's a tragic event they're all over the associated Board's thread trying to out-emote everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Anybody who orders every last iota online from eBay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The extent to which somebody incessently 'humblebrags' about themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

fizzypish wrote: »
    I have traded alcohol for chess recently. I win at boring!
    People can be deathly boring about drink though. I miss playing chess. I cant remember how.
    Winterlong wrote: »
    Get a chess app on your phone. You will not be long moving thru the difficulty levels.
    Ted111 wrote: »
    register an account on http://chesstempo.com/ and play real (interesting) people

You boring f*ckers might be interested to know that the 2016 World Chess Champion will be decided with a rapidplay finish this evening (after a not-very-exciting 12 classical games over the last couple of weeks) in 4 games at 25 minute + 10 second per move rapid games. If still tied, up to five two-game 5+3 blitz matches will be played. Then if still level they play an Armageddon game, where White has 5 minutes to Black's 4, but a draw will make the black player World Champion.
    Games can be watched from 7pm Irish time
    here, with commentary from GMs, or here with very strong computer analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Anything that someone incessantly talks about but does not actually participate in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Anyone who wants to tell me about their diet or work out routine as if it might be in someway interesting. "how are you?", "well I was really bold today , I was visiting my sister so I had a croissant and jam and now tomorrow I'll only eat tomatoes and I'll have popcorn for my treat and then if I'm really desperate I might have 2 squares of 85% chocolate......".
    I mean, just get fat and have something interesting to say for yourself instead please.

Oh god yes. Diet bores. You'll find them in every office and at every dinner party. The type that spends 90% of their time talking, commenting on, gossiping, judging and lecturing about food, calories, diets and weight. The ones that are perpetually on a diet and yet oddly enough from my casual observations usually overweight despite their claims of virtuous eating habits.

Eating beside them inevitably leads to a powerpoint presentation on macros and "I could never eat that" or "do you know the sugar content of that?" and the highlight of their day is gloating about that 5 pounds they've lost this week or making pass-remarkable comments about people skinnier than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

People who get worked up about whats on a wedding invite

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Married people.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Married people.....

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Couples sitting dead eyed elbow to elbow listlessly staring ahead with no engagement, cosyness or interest in each other and nothing to say to kne another. Makes me shudder to think what their home lifes are like when that is a night out.

Also couples who come out & do the same in your company - utterly ignoring their other half while sucking in your conversation like water into a sinkhole & having absolutely nothing to say or contribute.

Shudders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Some topics bore me but I wouldn't say someone who finds them interesting is necessarily boring themself unless it's all they talk about.

Personality wise, I probably wouldn't have too much fun with someone who is too particular or abnormally organised. Takes themself too seriously and rarely takes any chances or even little risks. Someone who irons their socks.

I can be a bit disorganised and random so I'd be like an oblivious Homer Simpson inducing rage in a Frank Grimes type of personality if we had to spend any significant time together.

Advertisement