Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What things make you think someone must be really boring?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

LirW wrote: »
    Am I boring because I still can't name a single Tailor Swift song or however she's called?

I've no idea.

Are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Kirby wrote: »
    Not boring no, but I do get what he is saying. It shows a lack of awareness about what is going on around you. You should be able to reasonably converse about popular culture with other people.

Locking yourself away from it in a "I don't like that, therefore its not worthy of my time and the same goes for people who like it" is being fairly socially inept. Not to say you have to be an expert on everything but a broad understanding with what's going on in the world is a good thing.

For example I'm not big into politics but I know enough to get by when the topic comes up. Similarly I have very little time for realityidolswhodancewithbigbrothercelebrityisland......but I keep myself informed so when the people who DO like it bring it up, I have something to contribute.

Unless you have some genuine common ground then what's the point in forcing conversation. I've a few friends who like pop music, X Factor, celebrity gossip etc. We seem to manage to find something to talk about work, relationships, local issues) but I've never feigned an interest or pretended I'm anything other than clueless on those topics. Life's too short to read celebrity gossip magazines or watch a tv show that you hate, just for the sake of making small talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

If someone follows Rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

A Kempt Beard, a lumberjack shirt and a beanie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Anyone who doesn't like the same things I do.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Anyone who without shadow of a doubt always has to get the latest popular must have like the Nintendo Classic Mini or Carolyn Collection because they don't want to be caught dead without it in the eyes of their peergroup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Kirby wrote: »
    I have very little time for realityidolswhodancewithbigbrothercelebrityisland......but I keep myself informed so when the people who DO like it bring it up, I have something to contribute.
    Keeping up to date regarding current affairs even if not hugely interested I'd understand, as it's for all our good. I'm similar - not hugely interested in current affairs but I keep somewhat abreast of it. But in relation to the above celeb stuff because others are into it - why bother? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

YA I JUST LIKE TO RAISE THE POIN ABOU THERESA MAY AND YOUI NOW A SLITELY DIFFERENT TIED INTO ATTACKS ON FRREDOM OF SPPEECH, OR ARE THEY SIMPLY SAYING ITS UNNOWN TERRITORY

TELL ME WHREE I SAAID ONCE SPECH OR MAY, READ BEFORE PSTING !!! 9/11 HAPPENED. PPL IN SUUPUERMARKETS GIVING UP SEATS FOR PREGNANT. :rolleyes:

Anyone wearing a sweat shirt or tee shirt with a cracked or fading slogan on it. Passé.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Anyone wearing a sweat shirt or tee shirt with a cracked or fading slogan on it. Passé.

My other T-shirt is a Ferrari.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

I would have had this kind of live and let live approach to people until I encountered a group of British train spotters on a train in Ireland a few years ago. It turns out every trainspotter cliché is true.

Were they all out of their minds on heroin?

Irritable types.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

When people say they're not into music.

How the **** is that possible?

Nailz wrote: »

Could be deaf?

My other T-shirt is a Ferrari.
    Pics OP.......PICS!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

Nailz wrote: »

A group of us were having a lunch time conversation when Lord of the Rings popped up.

One guy at the table pronounced that he "wasn't into fiction".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Nesser wrote: »
    For me it's the weather. People who like to talk about the weather I find boring. Safe non controversial and usually just stating the obvious.

Safe????
    Non confrontational?????
    I ended up with a nasty stalker on the weather forum for not wanting snow, who the mods banned, he would keep re-registering/getting banned and I ended up closing my old account to put a stop to it.

I would have thought before that safe...

Pics OP.......PICS!!

https://postimg.org/image/fly6clnp9/

Anybody who could be described as a "cardboard - cut out".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Sure but a lot of people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Omackeral wrote: »
    These people only ever have missionary sex and order bland dishes from the Chinese.

They wear beige jumpers and drive estate cars.

They are sensible. They never learn anything because they don't make the mistakes to learn from.

They do what they are told. Because that is safe.

Then they die anway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I cant stand people who are just like everybody else. The world is filled with people who love to get p!ssed every Saturday night, who spend 10 hours watching football matches, who follow every single Kim Kardashian "update" with passion and those who think there is only one way to live a life.

I like interesting people, the oddballs, those who have travelled far and abroad, those who are unconventional and who don't give a flying fcuk what others think of them- they are the real gems of life.

'Plastic' Types.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

People who tell long stories. Get to the flipping point already.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

People who think that it's others that are the boring ones..

Newsflash - we're all boring to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    A group of us were having a lunch time conversation when Lord of the Rings popped up.

One guy at the table pronounced that he "wasn't into fiction".

Nah, he sounds really classy and smart.

People who sneeringly announce they have no clue who *name any universally recognizable media person* is. They usually follow that up with telling you reading fiction is a waste of time because you're not learning anything, and that's why they only ever watch documentaries too.

I also hate the anecdoters, the one's who sit down at the table or in the pub and the first words they say are "Wait 'til I tell you this!" or "That reminds me of the time...". And that's it, you're done for. You're in for an entire night of unfunny funny stories and no one else will get a chance to speak.

Nothing tops the New-Agers though. I've practically pee'd myself from trying to suppress that laughter/rage that only hearing about someone's Indigo child or Crystal baby can induce. The Veganazis are a walk in the park compared to the crystals and angels crowd.

Having said that, I'm aware I'm capable of boring people into a vegetative state when I start talking about my job, or the many obscure things that fascinate me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

'Plastic' Types.

Is this what you mean? :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f95UCJs2rUA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

People who talk constantly about "the good old days" and start nearly every sentence what comes out their boring holes with the words "remember when..."

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Advertisement