Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What things make you think someone must be really boring?

Options
  • 28-11-2016 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Was talking to someone today who told me that he was worried he'd been scammed as his coldplay tickets hadn't arrived yet.
    Coldplay
    Jesus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Was talking to someone today who told me that he was worried he'd been scammed as his coldplay tickets hadn't arrived yet.
    Coldplay
    Jesus

Good start to your list. Do go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

When they talk about how brilliant their last night on the piss was, how ****ed up they got and the "high-jinks" they got up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

There's hobbies I definitely wouldn't be into, plane spotting is one, but I dunno if I'd be calling people boring for liking different pastimes than me. Maybe if they'd no hobbies or interests whatsoever, that might be boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wasn't there a poster on here who started a thread pretending he was coming up to Dublin so he could fire out a few cliches?

That'd make me think he was fairly boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Omackeral wrote: »
    Good start to your list. Do go on.

Very good. :)

But everyone secretly likes coldplay.

Mine. Anything to do with celebrity gossip, jungle, big brother, x factor, strictly etc and ad finitum.

They should merge all these popularity contests into one show, drunk dancing whilst eating spiders and singing. Throw in a few fights and a round of tears. Would make for a good hour of television and during the final credits......

Whoosh! Hellfire missile from a drone.

Sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

When they start stupid threads in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Footba. English premier footba. Internationals I understand. That I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

Eating the exact same sandwich for lunch every single day.

A love of boybands and their ilk.

Only buying diesel cars even though its a 4 kilometer round trip to work.

People who tag themselves on Farcebook in the gym/pub/chipper/sack.

Stay at home mothers putting up spawn pics and moaning about their hard life. (One ma of 4 wanted to know what to get her man for Christmas - I suggested the snip.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Stay at home mothers putting up spawn pics and moaning about their hard life. (One ma of 4 wanted to know what to get her man for Christmas - I suggested the snip.)

That's gold.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

In all seriousness, people who are defined by one solitary thing and seem to have F all to offer an opinion on or converse with you about. They can only talk about their English premiership team, their gym/running/training routines or their bloody kids. Facebook mothers are the worst actually. I choose them. Congrats, you reproduced a little devil looking kid called Kayden, like billions of other people. And you definitely like Minion memes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

There's hobbies I definitely wouldn't be into, plane spotting is one, but I dunno if I'd be calling people boring for liking different pastimes than me. Maybe if they'd no hobbies or interests whatsoever, that might be boring.

I would have had this kind of live and let live approach to people until I encountered a group of British train spotters on a train in Ireland a few years ago. It turns out every trainspotter cliché is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

Anyone who is into IT or talks about house prices. Anyone who is on Facebook. Snore.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

12 pubs of Christmas crawl.

The more organised and 'mad altogether' it is, the more boring they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

If they are overly enthusiastic about politics, drag Donald Trump into everything including halloween costumes, if they studied philosophy or if they do performance art. If they are massive fans of superhero movies and comics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

osarusan wrote: »
    12 pubs of Christmas crawl.

The more organised and 'mad altogether' it is, the more boring they are.

Scheduled, regimented 'craic' followed by a break down of just how much alcohol was involved in it is usually a dead giveaway, yeah. Alcohol, imagine! Mad.

I would have had this kind of live and let live approach to people until I encountered a group of British train spotters on a train in Ireland a few years ago. It turns out every trainspotter cliché is true.

I dunno, somebody being so into something so peculiar is some bit interesting surely? Never met one mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Scheduled, regimented 'craic' followed by a break down of just how much alcohol was involved in it is usually a dead giveaway, yeah. Alcohol, imagine! Mad.

WWN have it down:
    ONE full-time mad bastard has taken time out of his busy schedule of mad-bastarding to draw up a preliminary outline of this year’s ’12 Pubs Of Christmas’, which he promises will be ‘totally the best craic ever, like’. Absolute lad Michael ‘Mikey’ Lennon has informed the other members of his ‘DA LADDZ’ Whatsapp group as to what night they will hit the town, as well as a preliminary list of pubs they will hit on their quest to celebrate Christmas, one pint at a time.
    “You should see the jumper I’m planning on getting, it’s gas altogether,” said Lennon, speaking exclusively to WWN.

Oh! People who cannot make a joke that isn't sexual, and have an idiosyncratic definition of the concept of 'joke' that's basically 'any sentence with any kind of sexual innuendo or plain old single entendre in it'. You get something of a pass if you're under 19 or so but after then, come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Oh! People who cannot make a joke that isn't sexual, and have an idiosyncratic definition of the concept of 'joke' that's basically 'any sentence with any kind of sexual innuendo or plain old single entendre in it'. You get something of a pass if you're under 19 or so but after then, come on.

I find if you don't guffaw, you're seen as a prude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Come on?
    Ooooh Matron!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

People working in middle managemennt level jobs in the public sector or in professions like accountants, teachers, doctors, solicitors who spend all their time worried about pay raises, pensions, house prices, how much tax they pay, their new car, ....its not that they don't have enough to live on , have the nice house and 2 weeks in Spain every year ...but they bitch and their main past time is gossiping about each other and locals

Smart enough to have made a difference....boring and afraid enough to not do anything that really matters beyond their narrow lives ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

not wearing you diwn with their misery ( a bit is OK but not the whole night - its our night too & we could have stayed in for cheap & been miserable at home). But also those that just lurk in a small circle of company and contribute absolutely nothing & say nothing but leech off your stories & contribute nothing . I'm not TV - you have to make some kind of effort. Its interactive . You may be terribly interesting & have incredible stories or past but if you never speak I might as well have brought the foodblender.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

Honest answer? People who start threads like this one.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

degsie wrote: »
    Honest answer? People who start threads like this one.

Or conversation kilers like you. Nothing to bring to the party - stay away so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Those technology people who have to have the latest new gadget, phone, tablet, thing that connects my washing machine to my shower and kettle. Nobody cares that you have these and you dont need to bore me telling me about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

I dunno, somebody being so into something so peculiar is some bit interesting surely? Never met one mind.

It was a 'you had to be there' kind of thing.

10-15 fellas, all in anoraks and nursing thermos flasks comparing notes on different stations and marking them out of ten, the cleanliness of the platforms, the quality of the sandwiches, the toilet facilities, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

If, on a night out, they spend more time posing and pouting and taking selfies than they do actually being there in the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I've a mate who missed a night out with another mate who came back from Sydney - gagging for gargle - because he had to cut the grass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Gamers.

Extra points if they're adults.

Advertisement