Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What things make you think someone must be really boring?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I've a mate who missed a night out with another mate who came back from Sydney - gagging for gargle - because he had to cut the grass.

Good example.
    That's the lengths someone is willing to go to avoid those boring Australia stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

People who are anti everything, always sticking it to the man (or claim they do anyway) and who are resentful of anyone who simply has a profession and lives in the suburbs... and who are always referring to others as "sheeple" and patting themselves on the back for making a difference... when they do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Flimpson wrote: »
    People who are anti everything, always sticking it to the man (or claiming they do anyway) and who are resentful of anyone who simply has a profession and lives in the suburbs... and who are always referring to others as "sheeple" and patting themselves on the back for making a difference... when they do nothing.

Sounds like a few people I know. They think they are anarchists. Laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Good example.
    That's the lengths someone is willing to go to avoid those boring Australia stories.

Oh god yes! I'd rather watch the grass grow, never mind cut it. Infuriating bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I would have had this kind of live and let live approach to people until I encountered a group of British train spotters on a train in Ireland a few years ago. It turns out every trainspotter cliché is true.

Trains are cool. What have you got against trains? Big powerful machines gliding through the countryside. Wonderful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

MPFGLB wrote: »
    People working in middle managemennt level jobs in the public sector or in professions like accountants, teachers, doctors, solicitors who spend all their time worried about pay raises, pensions, house prices, how much tax they pay, their new car, ....its nto that they donlt have enough to live on , have the ncie house and 2 weeks in Spain every year ...but they bithc and yheir main past time is gossiping about each other and locals

Smart enough to have made a differnece....boring and afraid enough to not do anything that really matters beyond their narrow lives ....

College student?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

People who take selfies in the gym and post ridiculous Instagram posts about it

#fitfam #fitfood #fitspiration #fitspo #legday #gainz #abs #strongnotskinny #protein #instafitness #girlswholift #cleaneats #eatcleangetlean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

mansize wrote: »
    College student?

Nope ...not even close

Just had too many nights out with the types I describe....boring as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Celeb gossip, and that houseproud keeping up with the Jonses suburban crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

People who wont stfu about their political views, constantly moaning about the government or the US presidential election. I'm all for a good debate no matter what the subject, but have you nothing else to do in your life other than droning on about Inda being useless or how Hillary was robbed.

These people also tend to change any subject to whatever political view they have and will look for an argument where they can share a prepared soundbite to support their view, stolen from an article they recently read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

People who are vegan reminding everyone else they are vegan, if that is their selling point of them as a person then god help them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

People who twist every conversation around to get in anecdotes about what their kids did that day or else going into minute detail about every inane thing they did. Maybe the price of a trolley of groceries is interesting in their mind but not when shared with us that don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Nope ...not even close

Just had too many nights out with the types I describe....boring as hell

What's the opposite? Educated to primary level?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

mansize wrote: »
    What's the opposite? Educated to primary level?

You completely missed the point

I am educated ...lots of people are educated....Its people who have money and a job moaning about money and their possesions...my post is easy to comprehend

Bored with life and bitching and gossoping rather than doing something for others. or breaking out of their bubble once in awhile..Just always afraid about what they are not getting or putting all their energy into their status..spending an evening in the pub talking pensions or who is having it of with whose husband

I have a masters degree..(not the only form of education btw ) ..but education does not stop when you have the job...its does for the people I describe ..For them its a means to an end ...not a life long passion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 london bus 200

YA I JUST LIKE TO RAISE THE POIN ABOU THERESA MAY AND YOUI NOW A SLITELY DIFFERENT TIED INTO ATTACKS ON FRREDOM OF SPPEECH, OR ARE THEY SIMPLY SAYING ITS UNNOWN TERRITORY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

YA I JUST LIKE TO RAISE THE POIN ABOU THERESA MAY AND YOUI NOW A SLITELY DIFFERENT TIED INTO ATTACKS ON FRREDOM OF SPPEECH, OR ARE THEY SIMPLY SAYING ITS UNNOWN TERRITORY

Freedom of speech is wasted on those who don't spellcheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

What makes any of us think we're not boring?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gary0345

People who care too much about the environment. Anyone who talk about trees, pollution, ice caps and climate change.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

People who go to mass every day. Right dry shytes. Never ones to crack a joke and don't like dirty jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

I try to make an effort to get to know a person. Sometimes its hard to tell if someone is boring or just shy initially.

If im on a night out though and someone starts talkin about what happened in an office during the week i find that very boring. If they keep going for more than about a minute im usually trying to change the subject or looking for someone else to talk to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

every second conversation is about sport.

career obsessed jobsworth types who live to work and think their job title defines them.

anti establishment, anti anything mainstream, popular and widely revered - poppies middle class death cult etc.

militant music fans sneering at other genres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

People who talk about their work all the time - not the minutiae of their job usually - but the people they work with who a) I've never met and b) I'll never meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

eet fuk wrote: »

Read this book and you won't be.

https://www.amazon.com/How-More-Interesting-Bono-Edward/dp/0141040866

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

Fair city viewers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

People who will talk at length about the weather conditions at 12.09 pm last Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Joe Hill wrote: »
    Fair city viewers

I dreamed I saw you last night, alive as you and me!

You said, "I never died"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭robbiezero

You completely missed the point

I am educated ...lots of people are educated....Its people who have money and a job moaning about money and their possesions...my post is easy to comprehend

Bored with life and bitching and gossoping rather than doing something for others. or breaking out of their bubble once in awhile..Just always afraid about what they are not getting or putting all their energy into their status..spending an evening in the pub talking pensions or who is having it of with whose husband

I have a masters degree..(not the only form of education btw ) ..but education does not stop when you have the job...its does for the people I describe ..For them its a means to an end ...not a life long passion

Educated people can bore the bollix out of you too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Girls who go on hen weekends wearing "witty" t-shirts with alliterative nicknames.

"Sl**ty Susan" etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

eet fuk wrote: »

We're probably all boring to somebody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I have traded alcohol for chess recently. I win at boring!

Advertisement