Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What things make you think someone must be really boring?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I think a boring person is someone who does not have a social life, has no interest in getting a social life, has no interest in culture, no hobbies, cannot engage in meaningful conversation and has not interest in other people.

Now they may be happy to live like that but I would find them boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

fizzypish wrote: »
    I have traded alcohol for chess recently. I win at boring!

People can be deathly boring about drink though. I miss playing chess. I cant remember how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

People can be deathly boring about drink though. I miss playing chess. I cant remember how.

Get a chess app on your phone. You will not be long moving thru the difficulty levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Only recently got a smart phone (fixed the GF's old broke phone) solely for the purpose of playing chess. Sure miss drinking though......

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

We're probably all boring to somebody.

No probably about it I reckon.
    This is really just another one of those warning signs that someone's a tosser threads isn't it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

People who watch 'anything that's on the telly', sitting down every evening after work to watch the usual reality sh1ite, I'm A Celeb, Gogglebox, etc. Same people listen to whatever mundane Kodaline/Walking on Cars bland music just cos everyone else is and also go see them in concert cos every other bore is going also.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People who watch 'anything that's on the telly', sitting down every evening after work to watch the usual reality sh1ite, I'm A Celeb, Gogglebox, etc. Same people listen to whatever mundane Kodaline/Walking on Cars bland music just cos everyone else is and also go see them in concert cos every other bore is going also.

These people only ever have missionary sex and order bland dishes from the Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

A love of boybands and their ilk.

Nah but Westlife though, institution innit?

Anyone with a country accent who speaks slowly. They have nothing to offer me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

in a shopping mall café anybody who repeats to their associate 4 times within 2 minutes that they are attending "this unique artisan theatre performance, the only one of it's type in Ireland" .

I got up from the inside of the café and went to an outside table. Bit colder but quieter still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

Winterlong wrote: »
    Get a chess app on your phone. You will not be long moving thru the difficulty levels.

register an account on http://chesstempo.com/ and play real (interesting) people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Winterlong wrote: »
    I think a boring person is someone who does not have a social life, has no interest in getting a social life, has no interest in culture, no hobbies, cannot engage in meaningful conversation and has not interest in other people.

Now they may be happy to live like that but I would find them boring.

That's me. Fcuk me but I hate other people. Just leave me alone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Someone who doesn't read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

fizzypish wrote:
    I have traded alcohol for chess recently. I win at boring!

I'm going to a boring wine tasting event later.

Checkmate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

When I am on tinder and see things like "going out with my mates, dancing and music is my life".

Admittedly, I am an extremely boring person myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Irrelevant but this thread made me listen to this absolutely horrible song from Rihanna and Coldplay. Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Anyone with a reputation of being a self-appointed expert qobsh|t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Any person who only talks about one thing and any route of conversation leads back to that topic. Be it money, women, football, whatever.

Oh got one. Any person who has a shop for pacifier clips on etsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Nesser

For me it's the weather. People who like to talk about the weather I find boring. Safe non controversial and usually just stating the obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Nesser wrote: »
    For me it's the weather. People who like to talk about the weather I find boring. Safe non controversial and usually just stating the obvious.

"Jesus the evenings are gone awful dark aren't they"

Yes. Just like every fcuking year at the same point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Nesser wrote: »

When I moved to Ireland the first thing I noticed was this weird obsession with always talking about the weather. In every feckin job interview weather became a topic. Seriously I couldn't care less if it's slightly drizzling outside or not :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

If they are overly enthusiastic about politics, drag Donald Trump into everything including halloween costumes, if they studied philosophy or if they do performance art. If they are massive fans of superhero movies and comics.

Hello there, my name is Jeffrey Albertson, do you like comic books? ....

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

LirW wrote: »
    When I moved to Ireland the first thing I noticed was this weird obsession with always talking about the weather. In every feckin job interview weather became a topic. Seriously I couldn't care less if it's slightly drizzling outside or not :pac:

Mmmm...it's more spitting than drizzling I'd say. Saturday it was drizzling. It's supposed to hold off now for the rest of the week thank god. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Tbh you can have lots of interests but give off the impression of being boring whilr those without any passions may come across as full of life, its not whst yoh say, it is how you say it, hence why someone who submerges themselves in films, books, podcasts, different music and varied activities may be seen as boring. Its the energy you emit which I think has the greatest influence on how interesting you are perceived, the most interesting people have a combination of both, they can talk about politics and history and people will lap it up like they would hearing the charismatic guy talking about his hijinks at the weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

People should have a basic knowledge of current affairs, politics, sport, film, literature, music and popular culture.
    You should be capable of holding a reasonably engaging conversion on a given topic.
    I deal with some people who don't seem to have any interests of any note beyond some niche focus.
    I consider such people to be the most boring.

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    People should have a basic knowledge of current affairs, politics, sport, film, literature, music and popular culture.
    You should be capable of holding a reasonably engaging conversion on a given topic.
    I deal with some people who don't seem to have any interests of any note beyond some niche focus.
    I consider such people to be the most boring.

Am I boring because I still can't name a single Tailor Swift song or however she's called?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Am I boring because I still can't name a single Tailor Swift song or however she's called?

Not boring no, but I do get what he is saying. It shows a lack of awareness about what is going on around you. You should be able to reasonably converse about popular culture with other people.

Locking yourself away from it in a "I don't like that, therefore its not worthy of my time and the same goes for people who like it" is being fairly socially inept. Not to say you have to be an expert on everything but a broad understanding with what's going on in the world is a good thing.

For example I'm not big into politics but I know enough to get by when the topic comes up. Similarly I have very little time for realityidolswhodancewithbigbrothercelebrityisland......but I keep myself informed so when the people who DO like it bring it up, I have something to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I only know the one with the goats.

(seriously, it's the only one I know)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Tailor Swift is a fox. That's about all you need to know.

Advertisement