Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Did you try setting up a separate guest network? I can't see why that wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

add the old parcel motel/parcel wizard address to your account and temp. set it as default. Then get onto amazon chat or get them to call you and tell them that you're having problems. Don't mention getflix at all. Say your prime viewing account should be set to UK and get them to set it to that. This sorted a similar problem for me a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cathy427

Sorry thanks for that option. Yes tried that as well and same outcome - ie "cant load profile" message when try app.

Thanks, Ya account is already set to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Take a look at in this thread at around the end of April, a number of people are having the same "issue with profile features" error - code 1061. Still not working for me

I've signed up to the 14 day trial but I can't get it working it keeps saying my device doesn't have dns setup correctly, I'm sure it is. I've changed dns1 to the Dublin one and dns2 to London, I've done it locally on the laptop as I can't change dns on the horrible VM router. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

You need to register your WAN either via the app or website. See attached app pic. Select update with your WiFi on. Iv erased mine

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

.....and depending on your provider this address may change quite often.

There is an option in the Getflix phone app to ensure that the syncing stays up to date.

I've had bad experience with VM and left then specifically due to Getflix issues. So I wouldn't rule out that you have everything done right and it still wont work because of the VM router.

Also you haven't told us which device you are trying to configure it on. A firestick?

Thanks for the replies lads I got it sorted I unticked Ipv6 in the adaptor settings, I was setting it up on a W10 laptop, I'm a bit rusty at this but it's coming back to me slowly... iPlayer is working perfectly, just to sort the TV now. I'm having trouble with the app, it keeps saying I'm using the wrong password. I'll try the uninstall/ reinstall and see what happens😉

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So who to avoid when renewing my broadband later this year? Currently with Eir Fiber and no issue was with Virgin before and don't recall any issues.

Are we saying avoid Vodafone and Sky? Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

In my experience Getflix DNS on the firestick will be overridden in the case of VM Fibre and won't work (I posted on here and other threads a couple of years back looking for solutions). With VM Gigabit Fibre I think you need to put the Getflix DNS on the router itself, so all of the traffic in your home then goes through that DNS. Not ideal, especially if you work from home and need to access a work network. If someone with VM has Getflix working with the DNS on the firestick then instructions on how to do it would be useful for those with VM.

I moved to Pure Telecom one of the smaller Irish providers listed on Bonkers. Their setup is Getflix friendly. Irish support staff also and they very quickly resolved a billing issue I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I have SmartDNSProxy (same company AFAIK) on my Firestick with VM Broadband and it works fine. Just manually configured the DNS servers in the Firestick network settings.

I don't use the WiFi on the VM router though, I have a mesh system for WiFi, but I don't see how it wouldn't work either way. Are you saying VM block the Smart DNS IPs, or what?

Post edited by loyatemu on

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

I have Getflix on Firestick with Virgin Media BB. I'm using the VM router for WiFi, I've never had any issues.

Works fine for me too like yourself I had to change the DNS settings locally as there's no option to change DNS in the VM router, surprise surprise... I'm going Eir ftth next week and can use my own router again which will be brilliant.

I am moving to sky fiber broadband soon. I use my own router but I understand that I will have to use AP mode with Sky. Does anyone know if Getflix will work with Sky broadband be it on my router or fire stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

I use my own router with VM. VM router is put in Bridge mode. They do allow you to use your own router

I have the black router and can't find how to put it in bridge mode, I probably need to get that network thing turned off but not worth it now, now that I'm going ftth. When I had 360 with the white modem I had it in bridge mode.

Very happy with it lads, working on the laptop, Samsung TV (an awful faff) and the LG TV (a simple job). Next question, how do I get the lifetime subscription? I got an email directly from them earlier, I'll reply to them later as the app still isn't recognising my login details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

What was the issue with setting up on a Samsung TV, Ive it running on my Samsung and its runs like a dream, iplayer via freesat is superb

I had to use my own router with DNS activated and then connect the TV to its network if I connected to the VM router it would download the Irish apps. It's working perfectly now just took a little extra thinking to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

You're an absolute star, expires May 22 2053☺️ I'll be almost 89...

Did anyone else that got the

"

Profile features are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Error code 1061

"

Message on a firestick ever find a resolution?

Summary,

With vodafone a few years and getflix set up on firestick and all working fine until recently. Can still access bb iplayer and utvx on the firestick but not prime.

Had getflix set up on an oldish samsung tv and cant access prime on it any more either.

However can access it (using getflix) on an android phone.

Tried all the stuff mentioned on this thread re clearing cache, dereg and reg, unplugging firestick and router and all to no avail.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Im having issues using prime video on Samsung TV also, and its only in the last week or so, I have no problems using prime on my mac, but am having issues using iphone also, I search for premier league but i get a network error on phone and TV, but it plays fine on my mac. I have prime set to UK on getflix, and if I switch it off on getflix then loads of titles will play on phone and TV, but also loads are not available due to region locks

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭baz9375

Anyone try Prime video today using Getflix?

Mine is working again today on three Firesticks, all were showing error message for last few weeks but working fine now.

I didn’t make any changes at all. Emailed Getflix but had no reply from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Anybody know how to rent stuff from Amazon prime?

I'm testing Geflix at the moment, trying to rent a video from Amazon Prime and get the error:

Service area restriction

• Your order wasn't completed and your payment method wasn't charged. The billing address on your payment method must be a valid address in United States. For credit cards, it must be issued from a bank in United States. 

Doesn't work on Google Play movies either. The option to rent is disabled. Link to movie:

The Last Deal - Movies on Google Play

Anybody know how to get around this?

I have my getflix location set to Chicargo.

Just tried Vudu as well. Doesn't work.

What the hell is this Geflix thing for? How do you use it? Complete rubbish.

Interesting. I am still getting the error codes.

I emailed them last week and they came back with the standard reset it, log out log in etc. That didn't work and they said they would escalate it to engineer level and get back to me. Still waiting .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭baz9375

Hi Cathy

I spoke too soon 😣 Error code is back on all since yesterday.

I'm not sure what's going on now - I'll open another ticket with Getflix

Advertisement