Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Can you have getflix running and then use a VPN to go to the UK and get the Disney plus stuff working?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Anyone having any issues using Getflix on Vodafone broadband? I've the DNS settings inputted perfectly on my Nvidia shield, up updated but I consistently fail the DNS test. Can't understand what the problem is outside of the ISP blocking 3rd party DNS services. Trying to get prime Uk working on it but hitting a brick wall.

I've the Getflix app installed on my shield, I'm assuming I still need to use their DNS settings. Do people use the Irish DNS address as their primary DNS or the UK one? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Can confirm Getflix working on Vodafone here. For Shield, if i recall correctly you need to make sure ipv 6 is turned off.

Also, check if it works for other apps outside of prime, i think i recall some people having to call Amazon and say that they were in the UK because their accounts had been set to Ireland originally and this overrode the DNS.

Thanks, I'll try the ipv6 setting first. I think I'll wait until I pass the DNS test on the Getflix dashboard before contacting Amazon but at least I know now that Vodafone isn't the issue. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Here's what I needed to do -

I set up GetFlix DNS on my firecubes but it seems the default settings on the Vodafone Gigabox router overrides the DNS settings and this means Getflix doesn't work.

Soliution: Logged into the gigabox, I went to Expert Mode - Internet - DNS, then set "Secure DNS" to Manually and "Configure the DNS for all devices" to off

All I can say is that the above worked for me and Getflix is the biz!

You probably will also need to have your Amazon account set to UK rather than Ireland in order to get the full range of streaming content in Amazon Prime app. Mine was already set to due to getting things delivered to NI back in the good old preBrexit days

Solution: Logged into the gigabox, I went to Expert Mode - Internet - DNS, then set "Secure DNS" to Manually and "Configure the DNS for all devices" to off

I'd say that is spot on there alright

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Just to confirm (after trying to set up a family member with Getflix and Vodafone a few weeks ago and wondering for ages why it wasn't working when I set it up on device) it does need to be set on the Vodafone Gigabox. Just bear in mind all DNS requests on the network will be sent through Getflix.

I also noticed Vodafone seem to refresh your IP address daily, if not numerous times a day so setting up a DDNS service (I use No-IP) can save you having to manually update the IP address when yours changes and everything stops working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Was considering Getflix but not anymore as it would mean giving up OpenDNS.

Any downside you can think of with regard everything being routed through Getflix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

I am using it on my router for years and have never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭NewClareman

The risk is that your personal or financial information could be compromised with potentially catastrophic results. All your address requests are routed through a third party service whose safety is simply unknown.

i occasionally use a DNS redirect service (controld.com) to access UK services but use it on AppleTV where there is no risk of my sensitive information being compromised. My advice is to only use DNS and VPN services on items such as media servers, where you don't care who views the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

The Vodafone set up is very annoying. I could not resolve it when I ran into this problem last year. Consider switching providers when your contract ends. No Getflix redirects with Smart Telecom for example, so no requirement to go messing around with DNS settings on the router. You just need to have Getflix configured on the device you are using.

Stacksocial currently have a lifetime deal on Getflix for 50 $US

https://stacksocial.com/sales/getflix-lifetime-subscription-4

If you haven't used stacksocial before it might require a bit of explanation

You pay Stacksocial, then they send you a link to get your coupon code and you enter the coupon code in the subscription section on the Getflix website to make your lifetime sub active.

TIP - use a US state with no sales tax (eg New Hampshire) as your address when making the payment Stacksocial. If you give an Irish address you'll be charged vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

I did a few times. Answer is always we are looking into it. Same answer for last 2 years. Now it also affects Paramount+

DNS4ME is currently about €38/year and allows selecting Disney+ regions. Other services can also be region selected such as HBO Max.

If your Getflix is set up at device level (rather than on the router) then there should be a simple workaround.

If you have 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz wifi networks then only configure one of them to Getflix DNS on the device and let the other be a standard DNS. Then on the device switch the wifi over to the one that doesn't have Getflix DNS in order to view Disney Ireland.

Paramount+ should be resolved the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

Is it possible to get the Getflix app on the Firestick?

I have tried using the Downloader app but I am unable to log into the app after I download it.

Support say that the reason is it is an old version of the app. I can't find an apk of Getflix 2.0 that will work via the Downloader app.

Any got Getflix VPN working on a Firestick?

(I would prefer not to change DNS settings)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I've been waiting a few years for this offer to come back. Been using Getflix for over 5 years now and can't fault it for my needs. I use the DNS setting on each device separately and get Disney+, HBO Max and all UK TV apps (BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub) with no issues.

My sub was about to expire next months and now my expiry date is 30/12/2052. Thanks for this. :)👊

Great! Would you mind posting your Channel Group setup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Is anyone having problems with Getflix while trying to watch BBC iPlayer, ITV etc? They have worked perfectly for the last few years but now are giving a network error. Can’t seem to figure out what the issue is.

My BBC iPlayer was not working but I just refreshed my WAN address on the app and all is good now.

I have recently had a connection issue with Netflix even though I have set Getflix to off for it. Hopefully it's the app on the firestick just needs updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I have set the IP address to static and enter set IPs for each device.

Enter the gateway for the router.

Set the prefix to 24

First DNS is the one for Ireland

Second DNS is the one for United Kingdom

Make sure your phone is logged into the same network and refresh the IP address in the getflix app.

I've installed all the UK apps. BBC, ITV, My 5 etc.

Sometimes they may come with an error but that's rare. I just reset the router and then refresh the IP address in the getflix app.

Channel setup is the following

All channel groups are turned off.

Hope that helps.

Yes, I think something in these apps is getting recognised as unusual. For example BBC Iplayer throws up an error sometimes and won't play the programme. However, I have found that it is always resolved if you close the app and clear the cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I have the Vodafone shg3000 router. Can I set up up Getflix on this for firestick or is putting a vpn on the device better?

I have to use a vpn for work connection (via server) and want to make sure there is no conflict.

Post edited by Kaisr Sose on

Best thing to do is to try it. You can get a free week's trial with Getflix. I think the newer fibre based Vodafone routers are problematic when it comes to Getflix. They seem to override the Getflix DNS on the firestick and force their own DNS which means that foreign based streaming services won't work. Post number 473 on this thread mentions the same issue.

In your case if you can't get it to work on the firestick, a solution would be to change internet provider when your contract is up. I switched to Pure Telecom but I would guess that there are other providers also who aren't blocking Getflix.

If the new Vodafone router can be set to bridge mode then you could use your own router.

I had to do that with the Virgin Media hub.

this post may be useful for those with Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Thanks. I will do a trial on Getflix. Would a standard vpn have the same issue with vf? I have 4 or 5 months to go on vf gigabit.

Sorry for basic questions. This is new to me.

• Advertisement

Vpn and smart dns are different things altogether. The getflix sub provides both but for to the vpn usually isn’t needed.

Advertisement