Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

Won't work at all on laptop, I wonder if a Microsoft update has managed to block Getflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

No prob., here you go:

Delete the ".txt" extension to leave "getflix.conf" as the file name.

I'm using as part of a easy to setup distro called DietPi (https://dietpi.com), so for me this file is saved in the "/etc/unbound/unbound.conf.d" directory. No other configuration needed as any .conf file in this directory is used.

Original configuration file from Getflix used as basis then added additional domains reported by PiHole and found on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Thanks very much for that. I will have a look at it tomorrow.

Does anyone have a link to a working BBC iplayer and a working HBO max apk that they could pm me please?

The iPlayer is working for me on the laptop but not on my chromecast.

This seems to be working great for me. I can view the Irish Disney but still have getflix for other apps. Thanks very much!

I still have to use my VPN set to Colombia for HBO max and I can't seem to get an iPlayer app to work on my chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

VPN to Portugal should work as well. Might be quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭cathy427

For Prime is it still worth using Getflix and sticking with the UK version or has the Irish catalogue improved.

Amazon didn't bid for new round of Premership rights so the UK version won't have those (20 or so) matches anymore.

I see the UK version of prime is getting ads where as the Irish version is not (for the moment anyway)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I had a ticket open since last July or Aug with getflix over prime not working, I just had a response from them today, they were back and forth with me at the time, but this reply just came out of the blue today. My issue was with the prime app on my Samsung TV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Thanks for this. Just set up PiHole and Unbound on DietPi and added the config file to /etc/unbound/unbound.conf.d. Did a quick test with iPlayer but it didn't work. What's the easiest way to debug this?

I got the iPlayer working by first logging in using a VPN (I use private internet access). After that the iPlayer will work for me with getflix without the VPN. Very strange but I couldn't get the initial log in screen to appear without the VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Got this working in the end. Had a typo in my conf file that was causing the unbound service not to run. Works beautifully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Has anyone seen any new lifetime deals for Getflix around? A mate has moved to Italy and the loss of easy access to Irish & UK players is starting to catch up.

There is a keepsolid lifetime deal on Stack social. I'd welcome any opinions if anyone is using that one versus Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

BBC iPlayer no longer works for me on the KeepSolid Lifetimes VPN. Looking around for a DNS but don't think I'll go with KeepSolid again. Say's it's only for new customers anyway.

iPlayer not working would be a non runner.

I have Getflix since 2019 on lifetime deal and the only issue I have with it is Amazon Prime being flaky. I have the media devices at home all set to use Getflix via DNS director (Asus Router) rather than on the device themselves. The set it and forget aspect is great. Being able to segregate the media devices on my network makes it easier than device level too IMO.

Hopefully Getflix will come available again, or something comparable.

Answering myself I know but, let this be a warning to all of us on the danger of Bargain Alerts 😉

Something sparked a memory that maybe I had a "spare" lifetime sub.

It turns out that in addition to buying Windscribe & Getflix pre 2019, that I also bought a lifetime Keepsolid smartDNS deal in 2020 and had completely forgotten about it 🤦‍♀️

That's my emigrant buddy sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yeah that's the best job but I've just discovered that iplayer now works on my android device using the keepsolid ( vpn unlimited) app I was sayin no longer worked. I was just about to pull the trigger on that SmartDNS you linked to but thought I must try it the app way first to be sure, so looks like I don't need the DNS now. Maybe I need to update something on my router to go back getting it to work that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

Getflix down for anyone else?

My android box keeps defaulting back to Google DNS settings when trying to change to Getflix ones - happened before when people were reporting getflix server issue on here..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Working for me. Watching US Peacock at the moment without issue

Same, working grand for me currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

Cheers- it was geo-blocked content on BBC Sounds I was having trouble with..

In fairness, great support from Getflix - opened a ticket and had a response within 30 mins with alternative servers to try, which sorted the issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement