Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Coyler

Anyone else having issues with sites like ITVX and iplayer not contactable using Getflix dns servers recently? Tried a few DNS servers but getting the same result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

There is an issue with the UK server and they are working on it. They don't know how long it will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Getflix usually resolve these issues within 24 hours or so. This one has been going on several days now. Hopefully it won't be much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

same issue on SmartDNSProxy - iPlayer won't even launch.

I found a note on their twitter from about 2 weeks ago where they said there was an issue and they'd fixed it but multiple people in the replies from this week saying it's still down.

I saw on Twitter that both Getflix and SmartDNSproxy were saying the same thing since the 11th (same company or one is a repackaged of the other?).

Whats weird is it was working between the 11th and last weekend. Was watching some of the World Cup on ITVX.

Anyway sent some tickets last night and it seems it’s back working this morning.

Apart from Twitter, anyone have a better source for service updates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they have a service update section on their website, but they were saying everything was fine. I doubt they're a big operation - TBH I don't know how they make money given the tiny fees they charge (I mean they might be stealing peoples data but I don't have anything important using their DNS anyway).

Actually, I'm wrong. Still not working for me. Fould that site that I check the service but I've confirmed it's not resolving UK sites for me. Manually set them on my computer to make sure it's nothing else but same result. Just times out.

https://check.getflix.com.au/

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ive just tried iplayer, ITVx and UKplay on firestick and all are working fine with getflix dns

edit: Freevee is also working

Yeah, I’ve my mum setup with it in her house and I assumed she had gotten it wrong this morning. But if she and others are fine then it’s my problem. Something cached somewhere. Going have to do serious serious hard resets 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Update your IP address on the website.

• Advertisement

Forced an IP update on the dashboard finally got it back working. Was not reporting any issue on the Dashboard (Green ticks for IPs and DNS configs) but just the act of me switching it to my phone to test it over the mobile network and then back again got it sorted. Just one to put in the back of your mind if it ever happens to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I contacted the helpdesk chat and they made the same recommendation to me and it worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Thanks to this thread, doing a forced update got things working for me again even though I had green ticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

In case anyone has issues with Prime Video I hadad to uninstall updates from the prime video app on Android TV + shield to get it working again. Support hadn't a clue about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

BBC iPlayer has not worked in ages, despite all the updates ip/dns recommeded by support.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I thought it was something wrong with the APK I downloaded. So that's BBC that doesn't work. Does HBO still work? And Disney, you can't get the Irish version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

BBC working fine for me on Fire Stick (stock) with Netflix.

HBO Max works well with Portugal VPN. Hope Max will launch in south America early 2024.

I use the guest WiFi on my router with my ISP DNS for Irish Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

How are ye getting BBC to work?

Used to work on my LG tv.but stopped working a couple of months ago.

• Advertisement

I'm watching reruns of The Royal Family on Iplayer right now and absolutely no issues

I watched the follow up to the EastEnders Christmas drama on iPlayer on a Samsung TV no bother at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tmh106

I've had the same, stopped working a couple of months ago. Used to be able to see it fine on my laptop. but not now. I don't think it is a proxy/geographic restriction thing because even video clips that are available to everyone on the BBC website do not work on my laptop - I can view the content OK on my mobile.

I'm assuming some update on my laptop has broken something related to the BBC playback technology, but I can't figure out what.

Quoting myself from this page.

Login to getflix website & update your registered IP address.

You can't. Biggest flaw with Getflix.

If you are you streaming using a Google TV or Android TV stick, download their VPN app instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks ongarite.

Did that on my LG OLED, and the iPlayer is working grand now. As is Netflix, and AppleTV, and Disney+.

It's after making a bags of Amazon Prime though. Is there anything I need to do for that?

Quoting myself from this page.

"Login to getflix website & update your registered IP address."

Anyone not able to get UK channels please try above. If this doesn't work then it's more likely to be a problem with the iplayer app rather than Getflix itself

Getflix can be down several times a year but usually only for a few hours & if you contact customer service they will tell you if there is any issue there end & email you when it is resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Try uninstalling updates on the prime app, if it works you'll have to sign in again and disable automatic updates otherwise it'll become a daily thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

On the Nvidia Shield I had to uninstall updates to the Prime app, turn off automatic updates and then install a November version of the Prime app (APK). Cleared cache for good measure too!

Had to go back a few versions, this one (6.16.5+v14.1.0.772-armv7a from Apkpure) worked for me:

https://m.apkpure.com/prime-video-android-tv/com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom/download/6.16.5%2Bv14.1.0.772-armv7a

Easiest way to get APK is to use Downloader app, installed from Play store, to visit the site and install.

For Disney+, if you're running PiHole on a Pi, you can install Unbound as a DNS server and create config exceptions for sites using Getflix. If anyone interested I can post my Unbound config file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yes please to the unbound config.

I'm having trouble setting up pihole with the router I got from pure telecom. Going to give it a another go over the next few days.

Advertisement