Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I was looking at some othere threads on vf gigabit issues and think the solution is another router.

I will try with the vf one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Works fine on Eir Fibre have it on Nvidia Shield and AppleTV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Make sure you disable ipv 6 on any devices that you want to use the smart dns on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I have VF FTH Gigabit and have changed the router to an Archer AX6000, no issues at all with DNS on device only. I don't put it on the router as need to connect to work VPN and don't want to have any issue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Thanks. That is useful to know. Bit of an expensive solution all the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

I think though when you do that you essentially are opting to put a different DNS on the router. I changed to google DNS using that option but that still seemed to prevent Getflix from working at device level.

So does that solution only work if you then put the Getflix DNS on the router, which, as others have pointed out, could be an issue if you need to use a work VPN to work from home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I wanted an AX WiFi device that can handle a lot of devices/connections and connect directly to the ONT.

This one fits my needs and should be future proof for a couple of years. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭eamonpendergast

Yes, I've the same router and was able to set it up. You need to change settings in the router to enable it though.

In the router settings switch to expert mode, go to DNS and turn off secure DNS and uncheck the option to configure DNS for all devices.

Should be sorted then.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Is anybody getting a http403 error when logging in on the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭baz9375

No problem with logging in for me. Tried it just now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Is it working with BBC iPlayer for anyone at the moment? Not working for me on the shield

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It's working fine for me but, I use a router level DNS Director/Filter for my Shield rather than the app or even device DNS.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Is anyone else experiencing certain US apps not working tonight?

Peacock, HBO Max, Disney Plus, F1 TV all not working for me on all devices with Getflix setup, but UK apps like IPlayer and ITV X are working as normal

Good morning

I’m using Getflix too and just checked.

I’m having the same issue - Peacock, HBO Max and Disney+ bot launching and/or giving connection errors.

BBC iPlayer, ITVX and My5 working ok.

did you open a ticket with Getflix?

I’m going to do that now

Got a reply from Getflix:

Thank you for the mail.

We are already aware of the said issue and our Network Team is already working on it.

We don't have any time frame for the resolution of this issue yet. We will keep you posted via email. 

We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Same here. Now, Iplayer are all god but US sites are stil down. This happens so rarely with Getflix that I really shouldn't complain

It's happened before certain servers of theirs would be down but they would usually have some announcement on the website or twitter nothing this time so initially thought it was just myself!

My VPN is working on all of these apps so covered Peacock was the one I really needed using Getflix this weekend with City/Pool plus Wrestlemania and Peacock often not liking VPNs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

I have a banging headache because all morning I have been trying every different combination of settings. Checked twitter and nothing there. Only thought to check here just now. Good to know I'm not the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

I find parts of Getflix go down every now and again. It is usually back up after 24-48hrs.

I am trialing another service now called dns4me. Seems good so far. A year is about €35. You can register 3 separate WAN IPs so in theory it should be possible to share it and the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Guys, don't shoot me but am I right in saying getflix allows you to access overseas TV channels once you have a paid subscription for that channel e.g. Prime, NowTV, etc? In other words it's purely to get around the geoblocking but you still need to pay for the service?

Or is the paid subscription for the channel not necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you still need a subscription - all Getflix and similar services do is selectively redirect your internet traffic to the appropriate country for whatever streaming service you're trying to access.

You would think they would have sorted this by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I use SmartDNSProxy (same crowd) and it's also still down. Nothing on their Twitter since this afternoon. I spent ages troubleshooting my network trying to get the City Liverpool match working and decided to check here.

I want to watch the f1 in the morning on f1tv catch up. Hopefully it's fixed overnight!

US apps with Getflix are working again for me this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Is there any offers on getlfix these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cathy427

Hi there. I have getflix thanks to this thread and some helpful advice on pm .

I switched to vodafone gigahome and have to update on the getflix app everyday.

Is there a way to get static ip (if thats what I need) on the vodafone gigabox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Vodafone refresh your IP address daily so it's a pain for services like this. I'm not sure if they offer static IP for residential customers. You could use a DDNS service (I use No-IP).

Basically set up an account, enter the details in your router config page and also on Getflix, then when your IP address changes Getflix will automatically register your new one.

Advertisement