Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack and subsequent manhunt in France.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lot's of thought policing going on around after hours theses days.

-Look at this story, i think it's a possible terrorist attack
    -where's you proof?
    -I don't have proof, I didn't say i know, I said i think it might be
    -you can't say that,
    -i think i can
    -no you can't, silence, how dare you suspect something without absolute proof, shame, racist, alt right, islamphobia!

Backed up by the mods as well, welcome to after hours, boards new safe space. "The threads title offends me. Whaaa"

Guess what people, aside from a few white knights, most who read that article this morning thought about the possibility of terrorism, after some of the recent terrorist attacks and attempt to deflect and cover up by the media, I'm still not convinced it isn't. This is the world we live in, where attacks are the norm and will keep happening. And there's always a bunch of people who will deny it to the end.

or how about the thread title is a load of nonsense and somebody needs to say that? For somebody who goes on about safe spaces you dont seem keen on hearing opposing views.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lot's of thought policing going on around after hours theses days.

-Look at this story, i think it's a possible terrorist attack
    -where's you proof?
    -I don't have proof, I didn't say i know, I said i think it might be
    -you can't say that,
    -i think i can
    -no you can't, silence, how dare you suspect something without absolute proof, shame, racist, alt right, islamphobia!

Backed up by the mods as well, welcome to after hours, boards new safe space. "The threads title offends me. Whaaa"

Guess what people, aside from a few white knights, most who read that article this morning thought about the possibility of terrorism, after some of the recent terrorist attacks and attempt to deflect and cover up by the media, I'm still not convinced it isn't. This is the world we live in, where attacks are the norm and will keep happening. And there's always a bunch of people who will deny it to the end.

nonsense and you well know it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

or how about the thread title is a load of nonsense and somebody needs to say that? For somebody who goes on about safe spaces you dont seem keen on hearing opposing views.

Once would have been enough, in my opinion.

Once would have been enough, in my opinion.

Oh sweet sweet irony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

What? Where did this happen? Did you report the posts?

There you go,

lawred2 wrote: »
    you're a bit of a clown for posting that

• Advertisement

Oh sweet sweet irony

pardon?

nonsense and you well know it

Good counter argument. You opinion is wrong because 'nonsense'.
    What I described is exactly how the thread went. Attack the poster, don't even discuss the issue. Shut down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Thread is a car crash.
    Sorry, a potential car crash.

What I described is exactly how the thread went. Attack the poster, don't even discuss the issue. Shut down

nobody attacked the poster (ok some may have) but the majority were attacking the thread title and its use of the term "possible terrorist attack" when the article linked to said specifically that it wasnt. Pure clickbait to attract a certain crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭DredFX

There you go,

you're a bit of a clown for posting that

Aw, you poor thing. Here, let me mend the fractals in your snowflake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

There you go,
    Thanks.

In future, use the Report Post (red triangle sign) function on the left of the post. Mods don't read every single post in every thread, so if you think something needs attention, please report the post and don't respond.

Winterlong wrote: »
    Thread is a car crash.
    Sorry, a potential car crash.

a possible car crash. despite the complete absence of a car.

[So come into the thread and say:

I don’t think this is a terrorist attack because….”

That’s what I did. You just come in, attack the poster, and cry about an unfair thread title and get the mods to change it. You don’t even discuss the topic itself. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I have been called a numpty and I demand redress.

Well the timeline of events you posted are not based in reality. Ergo what you posted is nonsense.

Clickbait title highlighting terrorism. Followed by a link in the same post that explicitly stated no links whatsoever to terrorism.

Not my problem if you take it upon yourself to post nonsense in defence of nonsense. You also seem to have appointed yourself as some sort of forum police. Which is ironic the extreme given you're waffling so much about "shutting" things down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Thanks I'm all up for having arguments, but personal attacks. Should never go unabated or be accepted as a way of communicating with someone.

Well Butter1979 - your back seat moderation has worked a treat.

I've been given a big bad infraction.

I hope that mends your fragile sensibilities.

osarusan wrote: »
    I have been called a numpty and I demand redress.

I challenge you to a dual

Thanks I'm all up for having arguments, but personal attacks. Should never go unabated or be accepted as a way of communicating with someone.

just man up and admit that you put up a clickbait title and this thread will die the death it should

I hope you learned a lesson and stop hurdling childish insults at people who disagree with you.

• Advertisement

I didn't report you. And you received an infraction because of what you posted, not what I posted.

Ve hav vays of mekking you confess

I hope you learned a lesson and stop hurdling childish insults at people who disagree with you.

Will you learn not to post clickbait sensationalist attention seeking threads?

Ve hav vays of mekking you confess

Hope you're not insinuating that the Germans are responsible.

I didn't report you. And you received an infraction because of what you posted, not what I posted.

Yeah... Such a personal attack. I hope the OP can recover from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is it over, has it actually started yet?

DredFX wrote: »
    Hope you're not insinuating that the Germans are responsible.

Ha no just thinking about this thread

Yeah... Such a personal attack. I hope the OP can recover from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod:

Cut out the immature nonsense lads. Thread title has been changed to reflect the news story in the OP. If you don't like it, there is a discussion about clickbait titles in Feedback here.

Anyway, a retired missionary was murdered last night, in case any of you have forgotten.

• Advertisement

Is it over, has it actually started yet?

The hostage-taking or the shooting?

Advertisement