Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack and subsequent manhunt in France.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

In fairness it is the daily mail. they have the same sensationalist attitude as the OP

The events in france are the top story in the news section. The story directly below it is this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3967792/It-s-PUP-culture-Meet-whippet-impersonates-famous-faces-world-including-Donald-Trump-X-Factor-s-Honey-G.html

A dog that does celebrity impersonations.......

• Registered Users Posts: 40,372 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Grayson wrote: »
    The events in france are the top story in the news section. The story directly below it is this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3967792/It-s-PUP-culture-Meet-whippet-impersonates-famous-faces-world-including-Donald-Trump-X-Factor-s-Honey-G.html

A dog that does celebrity impersonations.......

I rest my case. You may as well get your news from the National Enquirer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

I rest my case. You may as well get your news from the National Enquirer

Was the Reuters link not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Are comparing me to the Daily Mail?

Well...it's possible. Where would you both be without clickbait headlines?

Did you even read the link you posted? The part that says...
    A source said there was nothing at this stage to suggest what he called a terrorist attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,321 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The french Police are currently on a manhunt after the body of woman was discovered with stabs wounds at a retirement home for Catholic missionaries.

Source:http://www.reuters.com/video/2016/11/25/manhunt-after-france-retirement-home-dea?videoId=370552400&videoChannel=1

you're a bit of a clown for posting that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

lawred2 wrote: »
    you're a bit of a clown for posting that

Not really, if you want to go with childish ad hominem insults continue. I am not regret posting it.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Was the Reuters link not good enough

does the reuters link mention the word terrorist? No it does not. they are a responsible news agency not clickbait gutter journalism like the mail and the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Advbrd wrote: »
    Is it wrong to chuckle at that?

Blatantly stolen from Reddit Ireland a few weeks back....where it was naturally down voted by other cyclec*nts.

does the reuters link mention the word terrorist? No it does not. they are a responsible news agency not clickbait gutter journalism like the mail and the op.

Well i'm not a journalist, I just said it could be a possible terrorist attack.

Maybe you could have put a few?????? after the headline or IMO something to calm the crowd.
    Seems your not allowed an opinion any more.
    I think its possibly a religiously motivated attack,I also think I could be totally wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Blatantly stolen from Reddit Ireland a few weeks back....where it was naturally down voted by other cyclec*nts.

I'm a cyclist and a woman, and I'd find the term both childish and distasteful.

I am a hedgerow and I am also offended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

Chuchote wrote: »
    I'm a cyclist and a woman, and I'd find the term both childish and distasteful.
    Is it wrong to chuckle at this?

Is it wrong to chuckle at this?

No, if you're seventeen, dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

No, if you're seventeen, dear.
    Stop womansplaining to me!

Stop womansplaining to me!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'm a cyclist

Sorry to hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

One killed in attack on monks' retirement home in France

My first thoughts were that the Kinahans had got the Monk...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

elefant wrote:
    A dog committed a terrorist attack on me the last day on the way home from work.

Seriously,was it a terrier ?
    Or a wolf in sheep's clothing...

so every act of violence is a terrorist attack then?

Yes ever act of violence is a terrible act ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Don't mind these lefties,if you think it's a terrorist attack,so be it...
    Lefties the scourge of society...

Yes ever act of violence is a terrible act ðŸ˜

stop digging.

stop digging.

"possible" digging

stop digging.

Digging what,im we'll able to get myself out of a hole....

Just pruning a few bits of dead wood here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

OP don't mind all the people coming on here to deflect, if you look through their post history you'll find most of them in previous threads of which were terrorist attacks first denying, then downplaying, then making excuses for said attack. God forbid they discuss the incident instead of attacking a poster fro daring to post on their boards, an opinion that's different to them.

Given the story so far it is possible it was, but possible it wasn't. The issue is you'll find a lot of news sites with the same attitude of a lot of posters here, do their best to deny, then downplay, and then excuse.

OP don't mind all the people coming on here to deflect, if you look through their post history you'll find most of them in previous threads of which were terrorist attacks first denying, then downplaying, then making excuses for said attack. God forbid they discuss the incident instead of attacking a poster fro daring to post on their boards, an opinion that's different to them.

Given the story so far it is possible it was, but possible it wasn't. The issue is you'll find a lot of news sites with the same attitude of a lot of posters here, do their best to deny, then downplay, and then excuse.

as opposed to taking every opportunity to generate fear?

as opposed to taking every opportunity to generate fear?

Has his thread on boards given you fear? Then log off. Stop trying to deflect. A woman was tied up then stabbed to death. Whatever it is it's still horrible and quite possible terrorist related and all you want to do is censor posters. Go away.

It could just be a robbery gone wrong. But how about we discuss what's happening then instead of crying about the thread title. At this stage it seems like it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nidom

In addition a possible terrorist attack on disneyland and the christmas market was supposedly thwarted the other day.

Has his thread on boards given you fear? Then log off. Stop trying to deflect. A woman was tied up then stabbed to death. Whatever it is it's still horrible and quite possible terrorist related and all you want to do is censor posters. Go away.

It could just be a robbery gone wrong. But how about we discuss what's happening then instead of crying about the thread title. At this stage it seems like it's over.

only in the mind of the OP, you and a few others here. Not based on any actual evidence.

• Advertisement

only in the mind of the OP, you and a few others here. Not based on any actual evidence.

So I'm confused. Are you saying it's impossible it's a terrorist attack or you cannot call anything a possible terrorist attack without evidence. Although of course evidence would mean it was definitely a terrorists attack.

Advertisement