Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clickbait thread titles...

Options
  • 27-09-2016 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭

Are just the worst.

Can we put an end to this crap?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

If you find a thread title that does not match the content of the thread then please report the first post and give your reason why you think it is misleading. The moderator will review it and edit the thread title if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,258 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Reported post:

"A thread has been created about [...] and you WON'T believe what the title is..."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

LoLth wrote: »
    If you find a thread title that does not match the content of the thread then please report the first post and give your reason why you think it is misleading. The moderator will review it and edit the thread title if necessary.

So what's the policy? You can or can't have an obscure title?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

We don't legislate for every single thing that happens on this site. Where there aren't ruled we would expect members to use common sense & create threads/post accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

We don't legislate for every single thing that happens on this site. Where there aren't ruled we would expect members to use common sense & create threads/post accordingly.

Incredibly annoying I'm sure to have someone change what you've written.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,258 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

kneemos wrote: »
    Incredibly annoying I'm sure to have someone change what you've written.

probably less irritating than the collective sum of people manipulated into clicking a less than interesting thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

I'm sorry I read this post I thought it was going to be more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Advertisement