Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers protesting the lodging of refugees in a local authority house(read post 1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm curious, what precisely does the doctor's language skills have to do with a mis-diagnosis?

If we're just going anecdotal, I've a dozen misdiagnosis stories about my local doctor, who has no problems speaking English, it being his first language and all.
    Is it too much to expect a dr you're paying 120 euro to see can actually communicate and understand what he's saying and what's being said to him?
    There's been two recent enough incidents where forigen Drs hired here turned out that they weren't doctors at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Is it too much to expect a dr you're paying 120 euro to see can actually communicate and understand what he's saying and what's being said to him?
    There's been two recent enough incidents where forigen Drs hired here turned out that they weren't doctors at all.

And yet our doctors when trained have to go abroad!!

Madness, utter madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

bubblypop wrote: »
    There's no such thing as the Garda Rapid Response, and the Rangers are army, who don't arrest anyone.
    I have no problem with people being arrested that commit crime. No matter who they are or where they are from.

I do beg your pardon, the Garda Emergency Response Unit.

If the sh** hits the fan regarding a terrorist attack or terrorist cell the Rangers might have to be called in much like the SAS have been used in UK.
    But I bet we would suddenly find out how shyte some of our security services and emergency response plans really are.

Remember the Iodine tablets. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭flutered

jmayo wrote: »
    I do beg your pardon, the Garda Emergency Response Unit.

If the sh** hits the fan regarding a terrorist attack or terrorist cell the Rangers might have to be called in much like the SAS have been used in UK.
    But I bet we would suddenly find out how shyte some of our security services and emergency response plans really are.

Remember the Iodine tablets. :rolleyes:
    that was dilly o willy's idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Of course the thread is going to wander off from the Syrian family at the centre of the story and people will talk about all of the refugees and economic migrants who came to Europe and who are coming to Europe in future.

If there was honesty & transparency around the procedures for vetting and importing people then these threads would be a lot shorter (if the information was satisfactory, that is)
    The vetting issue is still important in either case.

This is a thread discussing the situation in Ireland. A situation where some people in this country who may not be the brightest and are easily influenced, combined with people that have a clear agenda, have convinced themselves that there is some conspiracy where public servants are fiendishly plotting together to place foreigners ahead of Irish when handing out accommodation. Thankfully everyone on this forum can see it's complete boll*cks.

There are plenty of other threads to discuss the other irrelevant sh*te that you've listed.

If you have an issue with vetting, contact the Department of Justice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

dav3 wrote: »
    He/she is correct. This thread is about refugees and travellers, not economic migrants. The difference has been pointed out to you numerous times on your previous banned accounts.

If you suspect a rereg, please report it rather than talking about it on thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I'm curious, what precisely does the doctor's language skills have to do with a mis-diagnosis?

Another person in the "let's deprive the Syrian's of highly skilled doctors, fluent in the local lingo" and "let's spend loads of money to bring them here instead and give them English classes while we fund NGOs etc to send doctors to syria" frame of mind.

Why the massive international doctor exchange?

Why don't we fund these massively educated and talented and fluent in the local lingo medical professionals to help improve the quality of life in the camps and other temporary solutions near their homeland??

Why do we get syrian doctors and the syrian get irish/french etc doctors? If there's any engineers involved in the same process then I don't rate them regardless of their nationality.... The current solution sounds like a most inefficient and illogical way to work things!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

This is a thread discussing the situation in Ireland. A situation where some people in this country who may not be the brightest and are easily influenced, combined with people that have a clear agenda, have convinced themselves that there is some conspiracy where public servants are fiendishly plotting together to place foreigners ahead of Irish when handing out accommodation. Thankfully everyone on this forum can see it's complete boll*cks.

There are plenty of other threads to discuss the other irrelevant sh*te that you've listed.

If you have an issue with vetting, contact the Department of Justice.

I won't even dignify that scurrilous mound of excrement with a response. From where I'm sitting it looks like you're not speaking for other people in the thread and it's you with the agenda.

Strange with all of the liberal media pushing for these poor refugees to be brought into Ireland we don't see too many big stories about how much these doctors and engineers are helping other countries.

I'd be a bit embarrassed by the whole brain drain of the displaced Syrians. Maybe that's why they are keeping it so quiet.

It's just a different type of asset stripping - surely they need these types of professionals with fluency in the local lingo and experience of regional specifics now more than ever?

I won't even dignify that scurrilous mound of excrement with a response. From where I'm sitting it looks like you're not speaking for other people in the thread and it's you with the agenda.

Thank you for forcing yourself to respond anyway.

Apart from the usual headcases, the majority of sane people have no problem with genuine, fully vetted refugees coming into the country.

• Advertisement

Apart from the usual headcases, the majority of sane people have no problem with genuine, fully vetted refugees coming into the country.

I haven't noticed anyone saying anything different to that which is why your accusations are strange. Some feel they'd be better off helping them by making safe areas near their homeland and working towards resolving the problems so they can eventually return home. Nobody's said they're against helping them.

Not much point talking to people like you who read between the lines and sees things that aren't there.

Morally I don't think depriving the Syrian people of all these highly educated professionals that could be helping their countrymen is right.

Even if they have all the paperwork to prove who they are and are obviously moderate or nominal followers of whatever religion.

But I guess we're not allowed ask about vetting even when you bring it up as part of the criteria for the type of people iris people would invite in.

Morally I don't think depriving the Syrian people of all these highly educated professionals that could be helping their countrymen is right.

Even if they have all the paperwork to prove who they are and are obviously moderate or nominal followers of whatever religion.

But I guess we're not allowed ask about vetting even when you bring it up as part of the criteria for the type of people iris people would invite in.

They're refugees, whether some of them are highly educated or not, doesn't matter.

If liaising with EU and international policing bodies isn't enough information for you, you can always contact the Department of Justice. I doubt they'll expand on the information already given out on their vetting procedure, but give it a try anyway.

They're refugees, whether some of them are highly educated or not, doesn't matter.

If liaising with EU and international policing bodies isn't enough information for you, you can always contact the Department of Justice. I doubt they'll expand on the information already given out on their vetting procedure, but give it a try anyway.

What information already given out?
    And why would anyone call the Dept. of Justice with any query on the subject, and risk getting someone like yourself or bubblypop who is a garda, and having ridiculous but serious assumptions made about them.

EU and international policing bodies can't keep track of who is who especially without verifiable i.d and often without fingerprints so that's worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Surprised this is still being discussed, they were outside for a couple of hours one day and have not returned since to protest, at least they did not have any megaphones, really annoying when your trying to get some work done.

Morally you'd have no problems depriving the displaced Syrians of their doctors and engineers? Rather than giving them the resources they need to help their people?

Or are you just saying we're only getting kebab sellers and car wash slaves.... quite a turnaround from the doctors engineers and architects we were told we were getting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Morally you'd have no problems depriving the displaced Syrians of their doctors and engineers? Rather than giving them the resources they need to help their people?

You're speaking as if we're stealing their highly educated people! Just because you're highly educated and can help in a crisis doesn't mean you have to. Maybe they're scared for their own lives and their families and would rather get the hell out of dodge than work under missile fire, I know I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

bubblypop wrote: »
    Migrants.
    Not Syrian refugees.
    Thankfully most people have some shred of humanity when it comes to Syrians fleeing their war torn country.

Take a second to examine these two posts. And then speak of agenda.

It's interesting how these two responses from two "different" posters are like echos of each other. first an insult. suggestion that any opposition is because the person is either stupid or a bad person.

Then followed by a "thankfully" the imaginary group think this or that. as if speaking for everyone.

It's like an inability to think for ones self. Even a marked disapproval of it. Or something else.

rawn wrote: »
    You're speaking as if we're stealing their highly educated people! Just because you're highly educated and can help in a crisis doesn't mean you have to. Maybe they're scared for their own lives and their families and would rather get the hell out of dodge than work under missile fire, I know I would.

Turkey is under missile fire now?

Not so much stealing. Depriving the displaced masses. Or at best facilitating some mad exchange program where people with expert knowledge of the regional medical specifics and fluency in the language are replaced with people who have neither. Bizarre and wasteful, but a great opportunity for virtue signalling.

But it's moot anyway... apparently we aren't getting any doctors or engineers are we?

What information already given out?

Gardai liaising with EU & international policing bodies to ensure appropriate vetting arrangements put in place for all new arrivals. Refugees will be subject to biometric checks. Including fingerprinting.

All on the website, which I'm sure you've already read. Are you looking for more detailed information? Contact the department.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Gardai liaising with EU & international policing bodies to ensure appropriate vetting arrangements put in place for all new arrivals. Refugees will be subject to biometric checks. Including fingerprinting.

All on the website, which I'm sure you've already read. Are you looking for more detailed information? Contact the department.

That's the plan but look at the UK, "campaigners" (aka busybodies) were saying that the checks were intrusive!

Which they're not, obviously!

Are they any improvement on the unaccompanied minors checks that have resulted in some quite bizarre decisions across Europe?

Or is okay because "we are following best international practice"?

Are we leading the way on this or are we following the lead of jurisdictions that have failed to weed out the dubious characters?

Are we being passed on characters from other countries with a "this guy is A1 lads, he's too good for here really, you guys should have him" guarantee?

Again they are worthless without a database against which to check them.

I've already pointed out that I wouldn't ask the department in case I found myself speaking to a bad minded person with assumption like the ones yourself and bubblypop make. And you told me you doubt they'd say much anyway so why bother.

Are they any improvement on the unaccompanied minors checks that have resulted in some quite bizarre decisions across Europe?

Or is okay because "we are following best international practice"?

Are we leading the way on this or are we following the lead of jurisdictions that have failed to weed out the dubious characters?

Are we being passed on characters from other countries with a "this guy is A1 lads, he's too good for here really, you guys should have him" guarantee?

Here you go, plenty of contact options for you to ask those questions

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Contact_Us

That's if you can crawl out from under your bed in fear of all these genuine refugees coming to get us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

That's if you can crawl out from under your bed in fear of all these genuine refugees coming to get us.

How would you know anybody is under a bed of fear when you have got your head firmly buried in the sand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

This is a discussion forum. Stop trying to deflect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Again they are worthless without a database against which to check them.

I've already pointed out that I wouldn't ask the department in case I found myself speaking to a bad minded person with assumption like the ones yourself and bubblypop make. And you told me you doubt they'd say much anyway so why bother.

But we'll have their fingerprints on file. It's laughable the "vetting" that the bleeding heart brigade think is perfectly alright.

pablo128 wrote: »
    This is a discussion forum. Stop trying to deflect.

Deflecting from what exactly? This thread is about a few travellers having no idea how the housing system works in this country. It has obviously been explained to them and they’re no longer protesting. There's not much reason for this thread to keep going.

Ignoring the usual crowd getting hysterical over typical asinine daily mail headlines is not deflecting. Most of the country ignores them, at least I humour them. They should be grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Deflecting from what exactly? This thread is about a few travellers having no idea how the housing system works in this country. It has obviously been explained to them and they’re no longer protesting. There's not much reason for this thread to keep going.

Ignoring the usual crowd getting hysterical over typical asinine daily mail headlines is not deflecting. Most of the country ignores them, at least I humour them. They should be grateful.

Several posters have expressed concern at the lack of transparency of the vetting procedures for these refugees. You are trying to deflect those questioning with links and dismissals.

If you don't know how the vetting procedures works, that's OK. But don't dismiss other posters concerns.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Dr Jakub

So how many 'Syrian teenagers' do you think we'll be getting? ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3422000/Just-old-think-migrant-children-Alarming-pictures-shed-light-growing-scandal-amid-asylum-crisis.html

Advertisement