Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Grand Tour

• 18-11-2016 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

watched first episode, very like top gear. lot of cheesey scripted bits.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Watching it now. Fair play to the Hot House Flowers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

Yeah, great publicity for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Tried to stop myself but couldn't.

I agree with the scripted bit but it was a really good show.

I know what Clarkson did was reprehensible and the Beeb had little choice, but the programme brought in (hundreds) of millions into their coffers. I'd say that there are more than a few BBC executives screaming at the telly right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Just finished watching it.. enjoyed it but the stuff with the americans was very awkward and drawn out

hope they don't hold onto the "'my car is the best yours is crap' ...actually I really like this car but don't let him know that." it has been so stale for years

cinematography is great...

am I mad for thinking that chris harris could be on this too doing small segments.. he is able to actually appreciate the technology of cars without being forced to apologise after saying anything even remotely technical

• Registered Users Posts: 15,228 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Very cheesy and scripted in places, but i thought it was OK. Hopefully it gets better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Ebola Joke
    Communist jibes
    a good crack at americans
    Insulting ferrari
    Clarkson being clarkson.

It had everything I wanted. Looking forward to more .

I thought they were bringing back the very first Stig to do these laps and things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I haven't seen it yet but I'm delighted the lads are back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Vicxas wrote: »
    I thought they were bringing back the very first Stig to do these laps and things?

They'll end up paying any money they earned from Amazon to BBC if they do, it's their IP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

testicles wrote: »

Thats his name, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭duffman3833

just watched it, enjoyed it, love when they take the mick out of each other. They need to come up with something better than slagging Americans for 5min or talking bout james may speeding ticket, get car news on or something

• Registered Users Posts: 32,911 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

kindalen wrote: »
    watched first episode, very like top gear. lot of cheesey scripted bits.

If ever a line summed up Top Gear, thats it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

I'll watch this right after I've caught up with the latest Simpsons episode.

Seriously, TG hasn't been watchable in a long time.

JC disgracing himself and the resulting money/ publicity has given the format a shot in the arm, but once it's realized it's the same unfunny overscripted dumbed down ****, who knows.

For me it's up there with Celebrity Juice... or a programme about cars starring Jordan... Tits Jordan, that is

• Registered Users Posts: 32,911 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'll watched this right after I've caught up with the latest Simpsons episode.

Seriously, TG hasn't been watchable in a long time.

Agree, that lad culture is so old now.

NIMAN wrote: »

Yup. Everyone wearing ill fitting denim, and having to apologise if you know anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

NIMAN wrote: »

Ahh I think it still holds up , its nice to see three lads having the craic at each others expense and not keeping up with the idiotic PC crap.

Ahh I think it still holds up , its nice to see three lads having the craic at each others expense and not keeping up with the idiotic PC crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Hope you're right. Just have the kettle on before I sit down to enjoy The GT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭goochy

Fill me in on the hothouse flower thing? Not a fan of that laddish carry on so won't fill bad not seeing it. Prefer the new top gear that focuses on cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

just occurred to me that it was TG before and now its GT

• Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

goochy wrote: »
    Fill me in on the hothouse flower thing? Not a fan of that laddish carry on so won't fill bad not seeing it. Prefer the new top gear that focuses on cars

The opening sequence had Hothouse Flowers playing "I Can See Clearly Now" in the middle of the desert infront of a crowd while the 3 lads drove 3 Mustangs in.

goochy wrote: »

The opening sequence had Hothouse Flowers playing "I Can See Clearly Now" in the middle of the desert infront of a crowd while the 3 lads drove 3 Mustangs in.

Actually sounds pretty cool... must resist urge to watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Where are ye watching this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Bazzy wrote: »
    Where are ye watching this?

Bbc1

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

just occurred to me that it was TG before and now its GT

It's The Grand Tour so TGT or Top Gear Two if you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Haven't seen it, look forward to the cars all the same. I just look at it as being two car shows instead of one, so it's win-win as far as I'm concerned.

It was getting more predictable and a bit jaded at times, but I still wouldn't miss it.

(Glad Chris Evans is gone off the original BTW.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Camera angles and stuff is unreal. I'm loving it

Advertisement