Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

salomon wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up on that. Did you stay in your dept on promotion? I'm not sure that kind of delay is legal under the payment of wages act.

I have a name of an AP in that section and I'll be ringing tomorrow looking for proper answers

Yeah I stayed where I was, exact same area so it was just a promotion in situ. If you do get a proper answer, I would be very grateful for any further detail! I've got in touch twice and wasn't too impressed with the response! But I know it will come good.... Eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

nazzy wrote: »
    Yeah I stayed where I was, exact same area so it was just a promotion in situ. If you do get a proper answer, I would be very grateful for any further detail! I've got in touch twice and wasn't too impressed with the response! But I know it will come good.... Eventually!

Grand. Thanks for that. I think I see the pattern now. I'll drop you a PM afterwards. Did you get onto AHCPS? or have you joined?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 clubzero

anybody know how far down batch 2 has gone for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Elvis Lennon

I phoned yesterday. Down to 49 on the Open panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

Moving quickly enough.I'm at about 100 so something could come up sooner than I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CP30

Does anyone know how many are on the batch 2 panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Good stuff. Was there any indication on the pace of movement going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Elvis Lennon

Killer K wrote: »
    Good stuff. Was there any indication on the pace of movement going forward?

Not really, it all depends on demand from departments. But I have seen it before, after a relatively quiet August due to holidays, a big increase in activately in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

CP30 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many are on the batch 2 panel?

Based on the 60% interview pass rate that Batch 1 had then there should be approx 150 in Batch 2 as circa 250 were called to interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CP30

Based on the 60% interview pass rate that Batch 1 had then there should be approx 150 in Batch 2 as circa 250 were called to interview.

Great thanks.

I'm a batch three person, do you think they'll get to the end of batch two and take people from batch three to actually offer jobs too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

CP30 wrote: »
    Great thanks.

I'm a batch three person, do you think they'll get to the end of batch two and take people from batch three to actually offer jobs too?

I'd be as close to 100% as it's possible to get.

There's more than one year left on the Panel. PAS would not be interviewing from Batch 3 now unless they thought they were going to need to pull from Batch 3 very soon.

I'd be as close to 100% as it's possible to get.

There's more than one year left on the Panel. PAS would not be interviewing from Batch 3 now unless they thought they were going to need to pull from Batch 3 very soon.

Exactly. It wouldn't make any sense for PAS to call a batch 3 at this stage if they weren't going to start using it at some point relatively soon.

Are batch 3 interviews ongoing or complete as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dolly1978

Anyone hear of any regional movement? I am waiting on Westmeath or Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 clubzero

2 Laois appointments in recent weeks whether that is representative of national picture don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

Anything on limerick or cork

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

Anything on limerick or cork

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Dolly1978 wrote: »
    Anyone hear of any regional movement? I am waiting on Westmeath or Galway.

I'm batch 1 and I got Wexford. Starting in a few weeks.

dee75 wrote: »

Congratulations Dee. Best wishes in your new role.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dolly1978

Well done that's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Link3n

I phoned after this and was told it was at 37? Did anybody else hear it was further on? Apparently, I was told, it could be slow enough moving forward.

All very confusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

As of Friday up to 49 had been sent to clearance.

I am in that batch but have not yet heard from the clearance unit. I was told to expect to hear from them this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

How is it right for someone to get a position ahead of others who have a vast array for experience in that area.

It is not fair on the POs, the HEOs and other staff reporting to that person. These lemons just sit there and take the wage and pass the buck.

Those being defensive about it have not seen it in play while those more open to what I am saying will have experienced it. To me anyone taking jobs out of their skillset are cons

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CalvinBalti

I'm in that 49 batch too but haven't heard anything. I'm external to the Civil Service. What the best way to find information on my status?

I'm in that 49 batch too but haven't heard anything. I'm external to the Civil Service. What the best way to find information on my status?

You can just ring PAS and ask to speak to someone about the AP competition and your current place on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    How is it right for someone to get a position ahead of others who have a vast array for experience in that area.

It is not fair on the POs, the HEOs and other staff reporting to that person. These lemons just sit there and take the wage and pass the buck.

Those being defensive about it have not seen it in play while those more open to what I am saying will have experienced it. To me anyone taking jobs out of their skillset are cons

Brilliant, this again, I'm super excited this rant is being resurrected. :rolleyes:

That chip on the shoulder must be getting mighty heavy at this stage :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

Congrats dee

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

JD1763 wrote: »
    That chip on the shoulder must be getting mighty heavy at this stage :rolleyes:

So when someone makes an objective comment - which is true - it is sour grapes or "chip on the shoulder". I think not. Maybe you could use the words, "honest", "objective" or "insightful".

Thanks

I previously responded to you constructively which you ignored and now you're back with another ridiculous rant with vague references to 'lemons' and 'jobs out of their skillsets', claims which have no basis beyond what is clearly only your personal opinion.  
    At this point you are either trolling or have a clear case of sour grapes that others have advanced ahead of you.  
    Build a bridge already.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    So when someone makes an objective comment - which is true - it is sour grapes or "chip on the shoulder". I think not. Maybe you could use the words, "honest", "objective" or "insightful".

Thanks

Can you provide any verifiable examples or studies to support your position as without them it's really coming across as a subjective not an objective comment.

Advertisement