Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sonjac

I got the email too. I am on holidays in the States for the entire period the interviews are being held. Just my luck! I hope I don't have to wait until batch 4...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpinningDizzy

Is there any movement on batch 2 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

Doubt there will be anything significant before September with most senior officials on leave this month. Hoping for major movement then and with a third batch being called hopefully they'll be placing large numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Doubt there will be anything significant before September with most senior officials on leave this month. Hoping for major movement then and with a third batch being called hopefully they'll be placing large numbers.

A third batch being called so soon and with 14 months left before panel expires deffo means everyone on Batch 2 with Dublin as a preference will get an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rath Oise

Been reading all of the posts with great interest over the past number of months so fair play to so many of you with so much insight and knowledge of the process etc. I'm in Batch 2, seeking a Regional offer (North West) and from what I hear, a significant volume of people ought to be recruited around Sept / Oct.

Would you guys hold out much hope for a good number of Regional posts coming up too or is the concentration going to be predominantly Dublin based? Cannot help but feel that so many of the roles are going to be Dublin based which is understandable but unfortunate - if you're living the other side of the country that is.

Also, if you've put down 2 regional choices and they just don't come up, is it tough luck or might you be approached with another option by PAS?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

Got the email too. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ZolaGood

Rath Oise wrote: »
    Been reading all of the posts with great interest over the past number of months so fair play to so many of you with so much insight and knowledge of the process etc. I'm in Batch 2, seeking a Regional offer (North West) and from what I hear, a significant volume of people ought to be recruited around Sept / Oct.

Would you guys hold out much hope for a good number of Regional posts coming up too or is the concentration going to be predominantly Dublin based? Cannot help but feel that so many of the roles are going to be Dublin based which is understandable but unfortunate - if you're living the other side of the country that is.

Also, if you've put down 2 regional choices and they just don't come up, is it tough luck or might you be approached with another option by PAS?

Cheers.

There has been very little movement on the regional panels for batch one and we have been told that the majority of jobs are Dublin based so if you are batch 3 and regional only it's likely batch 1 and 2 people in the same position are still waiting on appointment.

I'm batch one and on a regional panel and 2 offers have been made so far since May. I've also turned down 2 Dublin offers in that time so they are flying through Dublin appointments. You never know though with 14 months left to run and a PO competition happening...

And no so far they have not offered regional only people Dublin jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

For those already appointed, are they experiencing any problems with being paid?

I was promoted in early July and pointless people told me yesterday that it might be October before I see my AP salary! So much for streamlining HR functions

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ZolaGood

salomon wrote: »
    For those already appointed, are they experiencing any problems with being paid?

I was promoted in early July and pointless people told me yesterday that it might be October before I see my AP salary! So much for streamlining HR functions

That's is ridiculous but not surprising given my experience with PP! How is the new job going??

Bypass Peoplepojnt and contact the Pay Shared Services Centre in Killarney to see what the delay is about and what solution they can offer. I've found them great whenever I've been on to them.

• Advertisement

ZolaGood wrote: »
    That's is ridiculous but not surprising given my experience with PP! How is the new job going??

New job going well, thanks. I'm doing exactly what I was doing as HEO until I get a proper departmental assignment in new year as they want to keep me in current project for as long as possible. Lots of EU travel & meetings. It's a novelty at first but that quickly wears off!

Couldn't believe it when yerman said October but it really grated when he said sure you'll get back paidm I'm sure he wouldn't be so blase if it was his pay packet!

Bypass Peoplepojnt and contact the Pay Shared Services Centre in Killarney to see what the delay is about and what solution they can offer. I've found them great whenever I've been on to them.

Tried that and they said they're waiting for the notification from peoplepoint to put through the change in grade!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Rosiebeans81

Rath Oise wrote: »

Cheers.

I have put down two regional locations as I have my fill of commuting for now. To my knowledge if they don't come up its tough luck. Why is there thinking that there should be significant movement in Sept/Oct?

No appointments after 31 October 2018

New ap po retirement package rumoured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

No appointments after 31 October 2018

Thanks.
    I expect next March/April will possibly see new comp announced so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

ammg wrote: »

On top of the incentivised retirement in since 2009? And how come restricted to those grades I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CP30

What date does this panel run from and until all?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpinningDizzy

CP30 wrote: »
    What date does this panel run from and until all?

October 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CP30

October 2018

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

Is that to move people towards retirement or persuade them to stay on?

Retirement

Retirement

Any idea the rationale behind it?

I would have thought that holding all to the huge knowledge deficit that's going to be leaving the CS over the next 10 years would have been a huge priority not encouraging more people to leave?

How good is your source?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

On a related note to the above, do we have any idea on how many POs are due to retire in the coming year?

This would surely create more AP vacancies with existing APs bwing successful in the current competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

3-4 months seems a crazy length of time to be waiting. Wouldn't like to be appointed later in the year if that's their backlog. Nuts & completely unacceptable regardless if they are backdating it

Killer K wrote: »
    On a related note to the above, do we have any idea on how many POs are due to retire in the coming year?

This would surely create more AP vacancies with existing APs bwing successful in the current competition.

You'll 100% be offered a post mo chara!

It's coming for you, don't be stressing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Zoolujookie

Anyone else for B2 bosses get an email from hr requesting info on performance? Is this part of their preliminary documentation??

Just wondering as I have 2 regional posts down so was thinking it would be a long while before any of that info would be requested!!

gics wrote: »
    3-4 months seems a crazy length of time to be waiting. Wouldn't like to be appointed later in the year if that's their backlog. Nuts & completely unacceptable regardless if they are backdating it

Agreed.

Got onto to AHCPS and by god are they on the ball. Got onto PP immediately and demanded, and got, answers. I'm being prioritised now so anxious wait to see payslip on friday.

Some change from CPSU :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Murraymint81

Anyone else for B2 bosses get an email from hr requesting info on performance? Is this part of their preliminary documentation??

Just wondering as I have 2 regional posts down so was thinking it would be a long while before any of that info would be requested!!

Hi Zoolujoookie, when did HR request this? Was it part of the general request two weeks ago or just today? If just today sounds like things might be moving on one of your region choices - fingers crossed for you. I have two regional choices as well and seemingly there are offers out on one of them, not enough for me but at least things are moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Zoolujookie

Hi Zoolujoookie, when did HR request this? Was it part of the general request two weeks ago or just today? If just today sounds like things might be moving on one of your region choices - fingers crossed for you. I have two regional choices as well and seemingly there are offers out on one of them, not enough for me but at least things are moving.

Not sure to be honest. My boss mentioned it to me yesterday but I'm not aware of any posts that have been requested for my regions. Tbh im not going to read to much into it yet. Dont want to get them hopes up!!

Advertisement