Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

CorkBhoy wrote: »
    Interviewed this week - bit of a mix between the form and fairly open policy type questions. My reaction on leaving was that it was quite straightforward. If I was naive I'd say I flew it but I'd be concerned that I was too low-key or summit. Time will tell; anyone know when the interviews for this batch are done?
    Did mine yesterday. Don't know what to make of it. Wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CorkBhoy

ammg wrote: »
    Interviewed this week - bit of a mix between the form and fairly open policy type questions. My reaction on leaving was that it was quite straightforward. If I was naive I'd say I flew it but I'd be concerned that I was too low-key or summit. Time will tell; anyone know when the interviews for this batch are done?
    Did mine yesterday. Don't know what to make of it. Wait and see

Tell me about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

You a Civil Servant already?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CorkBhoy

You a Civil Servant already?

Yeah, so have done plenty before. Still none the wiser re judging them.

Yeah, so have done plenty before. Still none the wiser re judging them.

Sounds familiar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 AhAnne

A

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Is there another competition on now or when is the next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

ThumbTaxed wrote: »

This is still the 2016 one. Next one will likely be announced next spring or so, imo. This gives them enough time to get next panel into place just in time before this one expires

• Registered Users Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

So you can boycott it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 NoNamesWork

Anybody know what number this panel is at these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 SpinningDizzy

Anybody know what number this panel is at these days?

Mid 50s

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Mid 50s

Did you get your offer today Spinningdizzy?

Killer K wrote: »
    Did you get your offer today Spinningdizzy?

Why yes I did, how did you guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Why yes I did, how did you guess!

Lol. Congratulations. Your nervous wait is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

So you can boycott it?

Your funny.

No I have now realised that it is better to fail miserably and come 999th on that panel than be top ten in an open panel. The back door loser competition

Killer K wrote: »
    Lol. Congratulations. Your nervous wait is over!

Now the real fear starts...

Your funny.

No I have now realised that it is better to fail miserably and come 999th on that panel than be top ten in an open panel. The back door loser competition

This thread is great for updates on the progress of the panel but I think my favourite bit is reading these intermittent ramblings. I very much enjoy them and this weird bitter character you've created is hilarious, good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

Your funny.

Just curious but what would your recruitment process be

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CP30

How has anyone who has done the batch 3 interviews found it?

I contacted PAS today and they reckon the results will be out in 2 weeks time which seems fairly quick!

Do you think they'll get far into Batch 3? How many did they call for Batch 3 interviews? It seems like they called it before they even appointed anyone from Batch 2 so they must anticipate a lot of vacancies coming down the line.

• Advertisement

I am confident that if it's Dublin that you have selected coupled with the fact that there is over a year left for the panel to run that you will get a job out of it.

There is only 7 days of interviews for batch 3 with what looks like 2 boards per day and let's say they interview max of 7 people each a day that would work out at 98 people being interviews.

If I recall correctly the interview pass rate was about 60-70% in batch 1 and 2 so if that correlates batch 3 may end up as about 60-70 people. That would be a total number of paneled applicants across the 3 at approx 340 (I think!). I know some are regional and may not get offers and some will turn offers down but its still a lot of jobs from 1 AP competition which is nice given the extended period of f*ck all competitions.

Well it doesn't seem that far fetched that in 2 years they would need 340 APs tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7 harrupminute

CP30 wrote: »
    Well it doesn't seem that far fetched that in 2 years they would need 340 APs tbh

Is it certain that all Dublin batch 2 will be appointed /offered before batch 3 get offers? And was the same true for batch 1 vs 2, as in did they fully exhaust 1 before starting on 2? I am still waiting on batch 2 and progress looks good from what i hear. After all the waiting it would be frustrating if PAS bumped some in batch 3 ahead (based on higher interview scores for example). Though obviously i wish those doing batch 3 all the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Elvis Lennon

Is it certain that all Dublin batch 2 will be appointed /offered before batch 3 get offers? And was the same true for batch 1 vs 2, as in did they fully exhaust 1 before starting on 2? I am still waiting on batch 2 and progress looks good from what i hear. After all the waiting it would be frustrating if PAS bumped some in batch 3 ahead (based on higher interview scores for example). Though obviously i wish those doing batch 3 all the best!

No, they will exhaust batch 2 before starting on batch 3.

I would of thought they would exhaust all of batch 2 first.

When I get my ranking for batch 3 will that be based solely on the interview?

Does this panel not expire in October 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 7 harrupminute

CP30 wrote: »
    I would of thought they would exhaust all of batch 2 first.

When I get my ranking for batch 3 will that be based solely on the interview?

Yes mine was for batch 2. From memory they give you the qualifying score and your mark on each competency. The tests simply determine how quickly you are called for interview. Dont think they factor at all after that.

Yep Panel expires end Oct 2018.

340 APs is just from this competition, there's also AP highers that were appointed (some of those wouldn't have been APs before I guess) and internal appointments in departments would be more again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Only around 20 AP1 appointments have been made unless more have received offers in last two weeks

Advertisement