Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

You'll 100% be offered a post mo chara!

It's coming for you, don't be stressing!!!

I believe I will! More so asking out of general curiosity and to see how quickly things will move.

Your analysis from earlier in the summer is spot on so far Bobby!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Killer K wrote: »
    You'll 100% be offered a post mo chara!

It's coming for you, don't be stressing!!!

I believe I will! More so asking out of general curiosity and to see how quickly things will move.

Your analysis from earlier in the summer is spot on so far Bobby!

At this rate I'd be surprised if you weren't an AP by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

At this rate I'd be surprised if you weren't an AP by Christmas.

And paid as one by summer 2018 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpinningDizzy

For information, a friend who was in the low 20s (batch 2) on the interdepartmental panel got promoted today (Dublin). Something is happening at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Link3n

For information, a friend who was in the low 20s (batch 2) on the interdepartmental panel got promoted today (Dublin). Something is happening at last!

Do you know where they were on the open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 SpinningDizzy

Link3n wrote: »
    Do you know where they were on the open?

I'm not sure and for some reason I can't contact them! From memory, I think they were mid to late 30s. I phoned PAS and they said they had appointed up to late teens (open).

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

Has anyone been given regional placings for candidates in batch 2

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Murraymint81

Hi, Does anyone know when you recieve an offer how long you have to accept/turn down? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 shibbyj

Has anyone been given regional placings for candidates in batch 2

Not as yet. Last time I asked they told me it would be 'a number of weeks' before they would give that information. I'm regional only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dolly1978

shibbyj wrote: »
    Not as yet. Last time I asked they told me it would be 'a number of weeks' before they would give that information. I'm regional only.

Yes they are available from PAS I got mine two weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 shibbyj

Dolly1978 wrote: »
    Yes they are available from PAS I got mine two weeks ago.

I asked two weeks ago! Thanks for that, ill hound them again so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dolly1978

shibbyj wrote: »
    I asked two weeks ago! Thanks for that, ill hound them again so.

Like someone else mentioned Dave in clearance is very helpful.

I was told mid September!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Babsiboo

Hi all, first time poster here. Can anyone hazard a guess how many panels could potentially be formed? If they called 1047 from the open and 750 approx from the interdepartmental to complete round 2 how many people passed to potentially be called for interview?

I know from the last AP they called a further batch outside the original numbers for round 2 testing, I'm wondering if this may be a possibility?

Babsiboo wrote: »
    Hi all, first time poster here. Can anyone hazard a guess how many panels could potentially be formed? If they called 1047 from the open and 750 approx from the interdepartmental to complete round 2 how many people passed to potentially be called for interview?

I know from the last AP they called a further batch outside the original numbers for round 2 testing, I'm wondering if this may be a possibility?

That is a good question. I am wondering what the pass rate for round two testing was? I would assume that batch 3 are all those who passed stage 2 but were not called for interview until now. If not, it would mean there was a very high pass rate from round 2 of testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

Babsiboo wrote: »

I was high 300's Interdepartmental and high 500's Open and have just been called for the Interviews in September. I'm only interested in Galway or Mayo.

Any updates on movement on batch 2 from last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Imp123

I've also got an interview in September - Batch 3. Anyone being interviewed later then September?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

Does anyone have any idea what number batch 2 is at?

Does anyone have any idea what number batch 2 is at?

I heard it is at 37 on the overall for Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 skullsocks

Does anyone know how many are on the panel for batch 2?

skullsocks wrote: »

I know somebody in the 80s. So Im guessing over 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

30s isn't bad, I wasn't even sure it had gotten to double figures. I'm just over 100 so it definitely goes that high.

Any placings for regional batch 2

Just checked payslip there and still no sign of AP salary so it'll at the very least be over 2 months to put through a payrise.

Christ peoplepoint is a chocolate teapot of an organisation grrrr

salomon wrote: »
    Just checked payslip there and still no sign of AP salary so it'll at the very least be over 2 months to put through a payrise.

Christ peoplepoint is a chocolate teapot of an organisation grrrr

Hows the job going?

Link3n wrote: »
    Hows the job going?

Jobs going great thanks. Challenging and a steep learning curve but great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

skullsocks wrote: »

My completely non-scientific tuppence worth.

We know that approx 60% from Batch 1 who were called to interview were placed on the panel.

Approx 250 people from Batch 2 were called to interview thus, if we assume a similar pass rate, we can infer approx 150 would have made the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

salomon wrote:

Just so you know, I got a promotion effective 8th June 2017 and I am still waiting. People Point confirmed to me last week that they were currently dealing with a huge backlog and were working on last week of May and I would be dealt with in strict rotation in 'a few weeks'.

So I'm 3 - 4 months waiting, nothing yet!

• Advertisement

nazzy wrote: »
    Just so you know, I got a promotion effective 8th June 2017 and I am still waiting. People Point confirmed to me last week that they were currently dealing with a huge backlog and were working on last week of May and I would be dealt with in strict rotation in 'a few weeks'.

So I'm 3 - 4 months waiting, nothing yet!

Thanks for the heads up on that. Did you stay in your dept on promotion? I'm not sure that kind of delay is legal under the payment of wages act.

I have a name of an AP in that section and I'll be ringing tomorrow looking for proper answers

Advertisement