Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

This week, batch 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

This week, batch 2.

Which panel interviewed you?

GenevaW wrote: »
    I was exactly the same but I took it as a good sign that they probed so much because I felt it meant I had the right example and they just wanted to make sure I hit the mark. What was the strange question you got if you don't mind me asking?

pm sent.

Yeah, I wasn't asked for a second example in any of my competencies so maybe that was a positive.

Which panel interviewed you?

Mine was 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

I was interviewed by board 3 and felt it was very fair and balanced. The questions and exchange were relevant to my examples and the additional questions were relevant to an AP role. Having said all that anytime I think an interview went well I've failed miserably - always seems to be the terrible interviews that give the best result!

JD1763 wrote: »
    I was interviewed by board 3 and felt it was very fair and balanced. The questions and exchange were relevant to my examples and the additional questions were relevant to an AP role. Having said all that anytime I think an interview went well I've failed miserably - always seems to be the terrible interviews that give the best result!

I'll wait until my results are out before I decide whether it was fair or not?!;)

Yeah I thought mine was just a bit weird but if it was the same for a lot of people I guess it was fair, I hadn't really thought about it, was more focused on the fact that it was not at all what I had expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gloria Victus

Hi, coming in from outside the CS. Are APs paid fortnightly and what is the next payday? I want to make sure there is no problems with direct debits and mortgage payment. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Hi, coming in from outside the CS. Are APs paid fortnightly and what is the next payday? I want to make sure there is no problems with direct debits and mortgage payment. Thanks.

Yes and next pay day is 15th June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭tigger123

Anyone in batch 2 being interviewed this week coming?

You might be looking at the second week in July before you get paid due to working a back week and the fact that the 'wage runs' seem to close a couple of weeks in advance these days.

This is only an opinion, don't mean to scare you, so I'm sure if anyone knows differently they can contradict me and put you right.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ZolaGood

They usually will try to pay you something as soon as possible once pssc get instruction to put you on payroll so if you have started or are starting soon you should get paid something on 29 June

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

So, any post bank holiday offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GenevaW

tigger123 wrote: »
    Anyone in batch 2 being interviewed this week coming?

As far as I know, the interviews for Batch 2 finished up last Friday 2nd. It took 4 working days for Batch 1 to get their results so we could hear as early as this Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ZolaGood

salomon wrote: »
    So, any post bank holiday offers?

Don't know of any offers but it's looking like I'm going to be turning down my Dublin offer -though haven't done so yet!- so maybe it might pass down to you :)

ZolaGood wrote: »
    Don't know of any offers but it's looking like I'm going to be turning down my Dublin offer -though haven't done so yet!- so maybe it might pass down to you :)

Hopefully it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RubyCalypso

Has anyone just interviewed heard anything on the grapevine as to when the results might be published for this round?

I'd guess late next week but that's purely a guess.

Has anyone just interviewed heard anything on the grapevine as to when the results might be published for this round?

Took 4 working days from completion of interviews in Batch 1.

It seems that interviews for Batch 2 ended last Friday, assuming it takes 4 working days again then results could be out this Friday.

However, there were approx 50 people more called to interview and there's been a bank holiday this week so people in PAS could be on leave delaying results until next week.

I'd say there's a chance they'll be out this Friday but that's just a total guess.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. As ye all know - its a torturous process and some definitive dates would go a long way to dropping the stress levels for a few days.

Wouldnt be too eager; they seem to have run out of offers!

I haven't even thought about that yet. I just want this part done and to know one way or the other. It's wrecking my head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

PAS and definite do not go hand in hand. And unless your looking for Dublin even making the panel doesn't mean much.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Unknowed

I've heard of a couple of people planning to turn down offers so don't lose hope yet.

I haven't even thought about that yet. I just want this part done and to know one way or the other. It's wrecking my head :D

If you think waiting for results is headwrecking wait til you're on a panel :D

If you think waiting for results is headwrecking wait til you're on a panel :D

I've actually always found that once I know if I've passed or not then I'm ok

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GenevaW

Took 4 working days from completion of interviews in Batch 1.

It seems that interviews for Batch 2 ended last Friday, assuming it takes 4 working days again then results could be out this Friday.

However, there were approx 50 people more called to interview and there's been a bank holiday this week so people in PAS could be on leave delaying results until next week.

I'd say there's a chance they'll be out this Friday but that's just a total guess.

Hmm but there were more people called for interview after Batch 1 had finished up and the results were released before they'd even finished with the interviews for the extra group - I would think anyone who passed in that extra group were just added to the panel so that some people had the same position number.

Also, the Batch 1 interviews finished up on the Thursday before the Friday bank holiday (Patrick's Day) and results were the following Thursday so I'm still holding out for this Friday (fingers crossed)!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Rosiebeans81

Any offers this week?

• Advertisement

Anyone know if results are out today?

Advertisement