Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Murraymint81

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I think I may have messed up my Leadership competency. I haven't had much opportunity to display this in work and some of the things I have worked on and been prominent in were at another manager's behest. The Board were particularly interested in what I, as an individual did to advance a particular position. Nothing unpleasant, I saw what they were getting at.

I hope you got enough to pass the competency and hopefully the rest will follow through, it's very frustrating though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I hope you got enough to pass the competency and hopefully the rest will follow through, it's very frustrating though ...

Thanks; and you too. It was tough, but good experience. I keep meaning to write down the questions so I can prepare for my next interview (a tip I got from a communications consultant) but I was so exhausted afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭tigger123

Thanks; and you too. It was tough, but good experience. I keep meaning to write down the questions so I can prepare for my next interview (a tip I got from a communications consultant) but I was so exhausted afterwards!

I did that in the past and its very helpful. You should consider jotting down anything you can now, however small.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

Any offers today?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 newjob2017

I would definitely recommend that you do that asap. I went for the same job in the space of two years and the questions were almost identical. That said, my interview involved some discussion points around the PS that I found very interesting, but hard to prepare for in advance. Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 newjob2017

Meant to come back to you when I got your reply. Many thanks for the help. Just had my interview today, and found this forum really useful in my preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pfitzp90

Interview today - Don't think it went well.
    Seemed to be very stop/start - no rhythm.
    A lot of "What would you do if......." questions.
    I wish they would have just stuck to my experience.

Good luck to upcoming interviewees.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CKanza123

Got my assignment today. Delighted. It was an interdepartmental offer.
    I was 94 on Open, 59 on InterD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DrunkenSailor

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭spitonmedickie

Anyone who's been offered a post able to give an idea of how long it took to get a contract? Was assigned etc a week and a half ago and contacted by my department but still no contract. In the private sector I know I wouldn't start making the preparations I have done until I had a contract in hand but I'm kinda using my assignment notice (vetting should be all done) as a fairly solid basis that I'm definitely moving. I'm external candidate so off the open panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭tigger123

Sorry to repeat myself, but ...

Of those that are being interviewed in the current batch - will all of those who are successful get offers before the next batch are interviewed?

Or is it possible that someone interviewed in batch 3 could do better in the interview and get an offer ahead of someone interviewed in batch 2?

Cheers! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ZolaGood

tigger123 wrote: »
    Sorry to repeat myself, but ...

Of those that are being interviewed in the current batch - will all of those who are successful get offers before the next batch are interviewed?

Or is it possible that someone interviewed in batch 3 could do better in the interview and get an offer ahead of someone interviewed in batch 2?

Cheers! :-)

The way it worked before was each batch was worked through before the next batch was commenced so that scenario wouldn't happen unless the locations are regional v Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

Any advance on 94?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

Any more regional offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Disgruntled dsp

Has anybody heard anything regarding confined DSP competition? Was speaking to hr last week and they said invitations to interview were imminent. I haven't heard anything and beginning to expect pfo e mail. Also anyone have any idea of numbers? Open and transparent civil service won't tell me that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Murraymint81

Has anybody heard anything regarding confined DSP competition? Was speaking to hr last week and they said invitations to interview were imminent. I haven't heard anything and beginning to expect pfo e mail. Also anyone have any idea of numbers? Open and transparent civil service won't tell me that either.

Am I right in thinking this is confined to dsp staff who passed the etray? Or is this an internal comp that dsp ran?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Disgruntled dsp

Am I right in thinking this is confined to dsp staff who passed the etray? Or is this an internal comp that dsp ran?

Eligibility for DSP competition excluded e tray element of second stage. Scores were generated from verbal reasoning and job simulation only.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Witchiepoo

salomon wrote: »
    Any advance on 94?

I'm scared by the lack of responses to this 😱. Are we on to "dribs and drabs" now do you think? Any inter D offers either and what no.? Last I saw inter D was 59....

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

Witchiepoo wrote: »
    I'm scared by the lack of responses to this 😱. Are we on to "dribs and drabs" now do you think? Any inter D offers either and what no.? Last I saw inter D was 59....

And the person at 94 on the Open was selected through his place on the InterD. Feels like dribs and drabs now, but that makes very little sense given that they are interviewing a further 245 candidates, which will likely result in a further 150++ going onto the list.

Past30Now wrote: »
    And the person at 94 on the Open was selected through his place on the InterD. Feels like dribs and drabs now, but that makes very little sense given that they are interviewing a further 245 candidates, which will likely result in a further 150++ going onto the list.

I'm not too sure; we've gone from 80 to 94 between Friday and yesterday (I know yesterday's offer was interD) so there may be still a bit of movement. I think delays will come for those who are trying to stay in their dept.

Can people PM me with the depts offered so we can get an idea of depts who have taken people and numbers?

• Advertisement

Ok so far we have

DOH. 2
    AHAG. 1
    DYCA. 1

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

I spoke with PAS earlier, and he stated that they were in the "mid 80's" on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mama lion

Had second stage interview last week. Think/hope it went well. Any ideas when results are due out?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ecribbin

I just phoned... I was 133 on open competition, now placed 8 in Limerick (I was 10 but 2 through clearance) and now 26 for Dublin. He said a conservative estimate is a Dublin offer within a month's time. He also said that where possible skills and experience are matched against vacancies. So a good call with a very friendly, very helpful person.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Rosiebeans81

Ecribbin wrote: »
    I just phoned... I was 133 on open competition, now placed 8 in Limerick (I was 10 but 2 through clearance) and now 26 for Dublin. He said a conservative estimate is a Dublin offer within a month's time. He also said that where possible skills and experience are matched against vacancies. So a good call with a very friendly, very helpful person.

Ok that's strange I was 8 for Limerick last week when I checked . He did warn me that it was subject to change if people didn't take Dublin positions they were offered. Strange thing is I was 10 when I got my original placement on the regional panel. Was ten your original position on the Lim panel ?

Ok that's strange I was 8 for Limerick last week when I checked . He did warn me that it was subject to change if people didn't take Dublin positions they were offered. Strange thing is I was 10 when I got my original placement on the regional panel. Was ten your original position on the Lim panel ?

Sorry, I could have been clearer, I am technically 10 now but with two for all intents and purposes ahead of me gone. He didn't know if it was to Limerick postings or their other regional choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Rosiebeans81

Sorry, I could have been clearer, I am technically 10 now but with two for all intents and purposes ahead of me gone. He didn't know if it was to Limerick postings or their other regional choice.

Oh thanks. The Lim panel must have moved a bit. I'm 107 on the national so mabye 7 now? What do you think the chances of them getting to our numbers on that regional panel are?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

That's very helpful alright!

Going roughly by those numbers then if 145 are in this panel, and they are up to 85 or so with placements for (mostly) Dublin, and you are number 26 for Dublin with a national ranking of 133 - that would suggest of the 48 people between position 85 and 133, that 26 have put Dublin as one of their choices.

And then the remaining 22 between those rankings must have chosen two regional counties and not Dublin.

Not sure why I've worked that out....must be a hangover from the numerical reasoning tests....

I'd love to know how many actual placements have been made up to number 85 and how many have been skipped over.

Oh thanks. The Lim panel must have moved a bit. I'm 107 on the national so mabye 7 now? What do you think the chances of them getting to our numbers on that regional panel are?

He suggested likely but not soon, albeit this was with a number of disclaimers of no guarantees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Witchiepoo

My maths may be a*se-ways but that suggests to me that they're up to 107 on the open?! Which means those of us who thought we would be dribs and drabs may get a mail very soon??!!

Advertisement