Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

Which is fair enough most would say, as long as he gives up the strap.

I'm a huge conor fan but **** or get off the pot as they say!

take the 155 and leave 145 if as you say, you've cleared out the division.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lads stop trying to match him up again Eddie has barely come round to his senses and your already mapping out Conor's future let him enjoy the win and having 2 belts for a short while before hes made lose a belt or pick an opponent, Khabib proves he cant string a few fights without injury with a win over Ferguson then let him fight for the 155 belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Head Wreck wrote: »
    Why would it be in the UFCs interest to have him keep the 145 belt? If he announces his next fight is at 155, should he still be champ at 145?

Well, I can only assume it's in their best interests, otherwise they would have stripped him already. What's stopping them in fairness, if that's what they really wanted to do?

I have a vision of Dana knocking on his dressing room only to find conor hunched in the corner gaunt and jaded, stroking both belts....

They're mineeee, My owwwnnn MY PRRRECIOUSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Gamebred wrote: »
    Lads stop trying to match him up again... let him enjoy the win and having 2 belts for a short while before hes made lose a belt or pick an opponent..

Ah here, people shooting the breeze about what might be next is hardly gonna infringe on McGregor enjoying his win. It's only natural for people to speculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Well, I can only assume it's in their best interests, otherwise they would have stripped him already. What's stopping them in fairness, if that's what they really wanted to do?

It would be in their best interests to let him enjoy his 2 belts this week and then strip him of the FW belt and let the Fw's back at it...unless he agrees to a fw bout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Ufc won't strip him..he has them by the balls and he knows it

McGregor can do anything he wants from here on out and they won't do jack for fear of rocking boat and him walking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

darced wrote: »

This is also how I'd like to see him go about his next few fights and I think he'll want to fight again before his kid comes along in May. I just can't see him not itching to fight again in Feb/March. He took no damage so is good to go back training after taking a holiday I'd assume.
    And after those three fights if he still has the LW belt and wants a crack at whoever is the WW champ then so be it.

But he's going to choose his next opponent and when, so we'll just have to wait and see. I'm hoping he does go for UFC 209 in Brooklyn as I want to go to his next fight and I'd rather it not be Vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Dave0301

darced wrote: »

Those three fights would be great to see. He has to fight at FW next or let go of the belt.

Would love to see him against Cruz at some stage if Cruz steps up to 145. I don't think he would be able to take Conor's left though.

• Advertisement

Cruz really? these little manlets like Aldo Cruz Mendes have nothing for Conor they would be unconscious from 2 straight lefts of his nobody in there right mind wants to see Cruz McGregor unless you wanna see a miss match same with Aldo I dont care how big a legend Aldo is (he was the best fw to ever walk to planet before McGregor came along) its a clear miss match the commision should even sanction him fighting these little men.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I would love to see him fit in a fight against Cerrone at some stage....just to fill Cerrone's mouth with his fist. Violently and repeatedly.

yeah Id like to see that myself though he's tall enough cerone. can you imagine the trash talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I would love to see him fit in a fight against Cerrone at some stage....just to fill Cerrone's mouth with his fist. Violently and repeatedly.

Oh had completely forgot about a potential Cerrone fight. The beating he'd put on him would be nice to shut him up. It would be so quick though.

Tony Mc is a great bloke wish he'd a reality show

''The McGregor's''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    By contrast, can Conor not say that there isn't anyone to challenge him? As he said, he knocked Aldo out in 13 seconds, why would he waste time on that...alll the prep, training and media.

FYI - I'd love to see him defending the belt(s) rather than money fights. It's more in the spirit of the competition and rankings.

No. Whether he likes it or not Aldo earned his rematch by winning the Interim title and Frankie still deserves a shot at the title. Conor has in no way shape or form cleaned out the 145lb division. He won the belt and ran. He didn't do a GSP and cleaned out WW by defending his title against everybody.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    No. Whether he likes it or not Aldo earned his rematch by winning the Interim title and Frankie still deserves a shot at the title. Conor has in no way shape or form cleaned out the 145lb division. He won the belt and ran. He didn't do a GSP and cleaned out WW by defending his title against everybody.

ran LOL

rusty cole wrote: »
    yeah Id like to see that myself though he's tall enough cerone. can you imagine the trash talk.

Cerrone is a brainless gimp. He'd be cleaned out in the trash talk stakes.

He also gets lit on fire by pressure fighting south paws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Gamebred wrote: »
    ran LOL

Yeah. He's been so active at 145 this year. Its not like all of his fights this year have been outside the 145lb division. Oh, wait a minute.

• Advertisement

Yeah. He's been so active at 145 this year. Its not like all of his fights this year have been outside the 145lb division. Oh, wait a minute.

How does going up to take out the 155 division 3 months after ko'ing Aldo equate to ''running'' from the division I suppose its his fault RDA got injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I don't see how he "ran". He fought three times in that period. I mean, running would imply that he refused to fight at all. He simply saw no value in defeating Aldo again. He was right about that, look where he is now because of his "running". Had he stayed at 145 he'd be nowhere near his current position. He made the right call.

Aldo is the only contender at 145.

He's spent the last 15 months being so butthurt it wouldn't be sporting to put him on his arse again.

Are we gonna pretend Aldo was in any shape to fight anyways until July?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I think Cerrone would legitimately have a mental breakdown if he were to fight Conor. Would be Aldo levels of wound up x2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭SteM

Conor being inactive at 145 is mainly down to the RDA injury imo.

RDA gets injured, Nate gets the call, Conor looses, wants a rematch to save face, wins and still wants a crack at the 155 belt and that brings us to where we are now. If Conor had won or lost to RDA back at ufc 196 then he may well have fought at 145 by the end of this year.

Can't say he's been running from that division imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

This guy does some of the best, easy-to-follow instructional videos on the fight game. Well worth a follow for anyone who frequents Youtube.

This guy does some of the best, easy-to-follow instructional videos on the fight game. Well worth a follow for anyone who frequents Youtube.

Thought the ball was gonna KO him after the last punch he threw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Classic MMA Hour at 6pm

The MMA Hour with John Kavanagh in studio, Demian Maia in studio, Tyron Woodley, Joanna Jędrzejczyk, Yoel Romero.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Poor Demian Maia can't catch a break. Strangles everyone and still won't get a title shot next. Seems like a super nice guy too.

Gonna be a good one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement