Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

JohnSBG wrote: »
    Yo boards, we did it!

Legend! :D had a dream today actually that I was at the fight and you signed my book :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Yo boards, we did it!

Hope everyone at sbg has a nice break and enjoys christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

Yo boards, we did it!

Absolute Legends!!!!! :) fair play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Yo boards, we did it!

Congrats coach, now back to the real hard work. Blue belt gradings! Gotta get the next crop ready!

;)

Enjoy the few days off, I'd say the lot of ye are in rag order today.

Yo boards, we did it!

Congrats to all the team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Yo boards, we did it!

Fair play, dude. Now enjoy Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Yo boards, we did it!

How's the head?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

CxJytp7XcAA1SN9.jpg

''Everybody has a plan till....''

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yo boards, we did it!

Well done, John. Thanks for yet another fantastic night! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,229 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Ah its yourself :)

Not sure if it was your intention, but I couldn't help but read that in this fella's voice...

Screen-shot-2014-01-31-at-16.33.48.png

(the fella on the left that is)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Eatmore

Gamebred wrote: »
    Lol that is gas.

He apparently cropped her back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

DrPhilG wrote:
    Not sure if it was your intention, but I couldn't help but read that in this fella's voice...

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,060 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well to be fair I think the reason people are sweating over it is because Dana implied that whatever the announcement is, was a central factor in his caving in to allowing this fight in the first place,

I don't think thats quite right....

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

IMG_2482.jpeg

so...

I don't think thats quite right....

I saw that interview and Dana definitely implied that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,060 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I saw that interview and Dana definitely implied that.

Which interview?

I remember the fight announcement, I remember Dana speaking about something McGregor had going on, out of left field, but it being his business so he would let him talk about but I didn't see him say that it was a central factor in him allowing the fight to go ahead.

Would you mind putting it up/linking to it to refresh my memory? I am open to correction of course

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Would you mind putting it up/linking to it to refresh my memory? I am open to correction of course

I'll try and find it tomorrow. I cant seem to post links from my mobile. But I remember watching the interview and was wondering what it could be seeing as dana implied it was one of the reasons he got the shot and didn't have to defend the 145 belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

IMG_2482.jpeg

so...

A friend of mine is his Facebook friend. Tom hasn't posted anything Conor related in months. It's not like his Facebook is dormant, he just posted a picture of himself tailgating at the Patriots game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

only now re-watching it can I enjoy it and take it in. earlier this morning me heart was going 90th x 3, this moth****er has made me so nervous the last 5-6 fights, I can actually say more anxious than even my kids being born.

as for him, can't wait to see him with a baby who won't sleep and keeps him on the go - another one joins the father club :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hazys wrote: »
    A friend of mine is his Facebook friend. Tom hasn't posted anything Conor related in months. It's not like his Facebook is dormant, he just posted a picture of himself tailgating at the Patriots game.

Can anybody clear this up. It's wreckin my head

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Hazys wrote: »

Can anybody clear this up. It's wreckin my head
    he even mentioned the polish fight and meisha tate on his twitter, but nothing bout conor. shame really if they did fall out, but these things can happen. But it still could meant nothing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I know John will get most of the praise for this performance (after Conor) but I think people shouldn't sleep on the importance of Owen Roddy. He's been a great servant to Irish MMA and those left-hand counters and combinations are the result of thousands of hours practice together with Conor.

Also Sergey and Dillon deserve a mention here too. Let's remember when Eddie had Pettis against the cage he took him down with ease. He was deep on that single leg attempt and couldn't get Conor down - a lot of that is to do with the constant drilling with Sergey, Dillon and Nikolay.

Obviously you could be here all day discussing the importance of Gunni, Artem, Queally etc over the long-run too.

John is the Head Honcho and is rightly getting the spotlight but the guys he has built his team around shouldn't be forgotten in all this. It's an individual sport but impossible to succeed without your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

So has conor set the bar. Should fighters try their hand at different weight divisions? Ufc world can become dull between conors fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

I'm certainly no fighter or expert but i thought it was the best i have seen Conor.
    Controlled, conservative of energy, fluid and accurate.
    Congrats to him and his team.

I'm certainly no fighter or expert but i thought it was the best i have seen Conor.
    Controlled, conservative of energy, fluid and accurate.
    Congrats to him and his team.

dan hardy said conor hurts cutting at 145, then he said 170 saps his energy also.
    he wondered if 155 was the place to be for him, energy wise etc... I'd say he could have been right. I'm not saying he's in th eright divisions cos it's stacked beyond belief but I agree, he looked damn good dethroning a champ with such relative ease.

https://events.ticketbooth.eu/event/an-experience-with-the-notorious-conor-mcgregor/pre-sale

Meet and greet with Conor in Manchester only £750 for the privilege

• Registered Users Posts: 19,128 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://events.ticketbooth.eu/event/an-experience-with-the-notorious-conor-mcgregor/pre-sale

Meet and greet with Conor in Manchester only £750 for the privilege

(wonderfullife sets about auctioning a kidney)

Did he not tell you about being in SBG?

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_JHJfEVmA4

can someone please tell me wtf brian stan is saying here. he says conor isnt the fastest puncher and then says had about an inch advantage... is it him who has a busted eye rather than bisping, wtf is he smoking... CmG had 5" on em, how he fook does he not know that de spoon'og!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement