Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game ideas

Options

Comments

sKeith wrote: »
    so, every player is a villager, and every player has action, either) shelter, attempt team up, kill.
    if you choose shelter, you are safe for the day, but you cannot shelter two days in a row.

if you attempt to kill a player in shelter, it fails, that you one action gone.
    if you attempt to kill a player on a team greater than your, then action fails too.
    you can kill a player if on team of same size or less, who is not sheltering.

team up need to be action on all paryies wanting to team up, so not easy to achieve, but give great power if succesful completed.

just thrashing around with your concept a bit.

Like If players knew someone was hiding maybe 3 could team up and if they all choose that person they could break in and kill them. but the teams aren't teams just alliances so in that situtation while they might all agree to each other they could backstab and kill each other..

All though the day time portion of the game might be pointless so maybe make the daytime nighttime? hmmmmmmmmm maybe this wouldnt work more a turn placed shoot out then anything.

Might needs more thought actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Like If players knew someone was hiding maybe 3 could team up and if they all choose that person they could break in and kill them. but the teams aren't teams just alliances so in that situtation while they might all agree to each other they could backstab and kill each other..

All though the day time portion of the game might be pointless so maybe make the daytime nighttime? hmmmmmmmmm maybe this wouldnt work more a turn placed shoot out then anything.

Might needs more thought actually.

might be more suited to the 15 / 20 minute round type game, like the live games.

might be more suited to the 15 / 20 minute round type game, like the live games.

OOOO ya good idea.

Basically people just taunting each other on thread saying they are going to shoot each other and then shooting each other. That could be fun.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    so, every player is a villager, and every player has action, either) shelter, attempt team up, kill. if you choose shelter, you are safe for the day, but you cannot shelter two days in a row.

Would this work in Walking Dead themed game? I'm wracking my brain trying to fit the Walking Dead theme into a WW game but it's difficult. It would need to be tweaked a little but I'm liking the sound of this

Necrominus wrote: »
    Would this work in Walking Dead themed game? I'm wracking my brain trying to fit the Walking Dead theme into a WW game but it's difficult. It would need to be tweaked a little but I'm liking the sound of this

Could you not have the good guys (rick) the bad guys (govener) and a infectious zombie sk, who could infect anyone?

Rest villagers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Could you not have the good guys (rick) the bad guys (govener) and a infectious zombie sk, who could infect anyone?

Rest villagers?

Oooh... I really like that Mick. I REALLY like that.

Oooh... I really like that Mick. I REALLY like that.

they'd have to be izombie zombies and not walking dead zombies though, caz if they were walking dead zombies on thread they'd be too easy to spot.

player 1 "howdy"
    player 2 "grrr. grrr. grrr"

they'd have to be izombie zombies and not walking dead zombies though, caz if they were walking dead zombies on thread they'd be too easy to spot.

player 1 "howdy"
    player 2 "grrr. grrr. grrr"

Lol. That would be very funny though. Also lynching a zombie wouldn't work so you might have to give some bullets out (sounds like Mick's kinda game)

Lol. That would be very funny though. Also lynching a zombie wouldn't work so you might have to give some bullets out (sounds like Mick's kinda game)

I really do want to run a game where everyone gets a gun. And a game with chekovs gun.

I really do want to run a game where everyone gets a gun. And a game with chekovs gun.

Everyone with a gun would be all sorts of fun.

Necro: "I think Barney is a wolf cos blah-blah-blah...

Barney "w.shoot@necro" Why? He pissed me off:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

We could do an alien version.

One xenomorph, lays eggs in other players.

Alien versus predator :eek:

You could even end up with scenes like this:

597.gif

You could even end up with scenes like this:

597.gif

Aliens versus pulp fiction :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Building on the walking dead one, you could have tasks that the villagers and wolves have to work together on to protect themselves against the oncoming zombie horde. Tasks to get ammo, to get food and shelter for the night. A failed task could result in like six zombies getting turned.

And even the bad guy munches could result in a zombie if they run out of ammo or fail a task.

(Walking Dead is a world over-run by zombies not humans remember)

Building on the walking dead one, you could have tasks that the villagers and wolves have to work together on to protect themselves against the oncoming zombie horde. Tasks to get ammo, to get food and shelter for the night. A failed task could result in like six zombies getting turned.

And even the bad guy munches could result in a zombie if they run out of ammo or fail a task.

I guess you could have something like chekovs gun, which was randomly activated kills mainly. So when triggered someone gets killed by a zombie could happen anytime to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You should play Dead of Winter, its a zombie survival board game

I guess you could have something like chekovs gun, which was randomly activated kills mainly. So when triggered someone gets killed by a zombie could happen anytime to anyone

I just signed up to do January's game (glutton for punishment me). I was thinking of a different theme but this could be awesome. Wanna co-mod it with me??

I just signed up to do January's game (glutton for punishment me). I was thinking of a different theme but this could be awesome. Wanna co-mod it with me??

ya **** it why not :) sounds like craic

I've heard of this yet never really looked into it.

Off to google I go!!

• Advertisement

ya **** it why not :) sounds like craic

Brilliant stuff. No one take the Walking Dead theme now! Mick and I have it bagsied!!!

(Buffy and Walking Dead are two of my fave shows ever, this is so brilliant)

Brilliant stuff. No one take the Walking Dead theme now! Mick and I have it bagsied!!!

(Buffy and Walking Dead are two of my fave shows ever, this is so brilliant)

Ya Im a big WD fan also FTWD actually anything with zombies :D

I demand to be chief Zombie King.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Everyone with a gun would be all sorts of fun.

Necro: "I think Barney is a wolf cos blah-blah-blah...

Barney "w.shoot@necro" Why? He pissed me off:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Massive fan of being the example here Necro

That not a Mexican stand off?

As I'm still a relative newb I've been looking over the past games on here and noticed there was never a Pokémon-themed game and I don't think it was ever suggested either. Would anyone be interested in that some time? I've already been imagining a (possibly unworkable! :p) game based on the Kanto region game/anime, and I'm sure it can be made accessible for someone with no knowledge of/no interest in Pokémon.

Just thought I may as well throw it out there as a possible theme to use some time if there's interest? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,563 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oh christ that is a TOUGH game! I don't think I've survived once yet. And don't get me started on the Walking Dead board game. I don't think I've ever survived past one night in that one. ****ing zombies spawn all around you every time you move. It is hellish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Oh christ that is a TOUGH game! I don't think I've survived once yet. And don't get me started on the Walking Dead board game. I don't think I've ever survived past one night in that one. ****ing zombies spawn all around you every time you move. It is hellish.

Its class though :) I only play Co-op because my friends are scardey cats!

I was thinking maybe split anon non anon games were people could choose if they wanted to go one way of the other. It would need a few people to want to go anon though or itd be obvious who they are

• Advertisement

I was thinking maybe split anon non anon games were people could choose if they wanted to go one way of the other. It would need a few people to want to go anon though or itd be obvious who they are
    they could pm there wish to participate, and be called anon1 in the signup.

Advertisement