Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game ideas

Options

Comments

I like the idea of an anniversay game that would have the same rules and amount of players each time so we could see the different outcomes that may come about. Could use Jayop original or whatever people think is best

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I like the idea of an anniversay game that would have the same rules and amount of players each time so we could see the different outcomes that may come about. Could use Jayop original or whatever people think is best

Yeah I agree in theory but possibly the mods should be allowed update the rules slightly to incorporate lessons learned! :pac: Does sound fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Okay lads, two ideas

1-) -An Anon game where all the roles are boardsies, e.g.

Andy - Can peek a player once per night
    CrosstownK - Serial Killer
    Necrominus - Gets two votes per lynch
    Valeyard - Will show as evil to the seer

Obviously would need to clear the roles with everyone so they're okay with their names being slapped onto things. Got the idea from a housemate wanting to do it but it would obviously only work anon.

2 -) -Necro was talking this in the DR, but a game where the roles were chosen by mods. With balance at the core and people who would make for fun teammates it could work, instead of "let's make an uber wolf/village team". Would need anon too to stop meta.

I'm looking forward to remembering the Anon Names. Didn't enjoy them this game as I struggled to remember all of them, but I'm sure Game 1 was the same, considering I could probably write 30 of your usernames down if I had a think about it.

I wouldn't knock them too quickly anyways, I did appreciate them towards the end.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Andy - Can peek a player once per night CrosstownK - Serial Killer Necrominus - Gets two votes per lynch Valeyard - Will show as evil to the seer

Lol, I'd need at least two votes to possibly find a wolf alright :P

But yeah. For sure I love both of these ideas you brought up here.

Also LOVE the idea of a Dexter/Hannibal game with 4/5 seperate SKs. So many themes, not enough months in the year *Sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

i like the idea of the two vote thing, but I think the owner of the power needs to nominate a player of their chosing to a steal vote from each day and cast that vote in BR or over PM, as well as having a normal vote for themselves in the normal way.

say player 1 votes player 7.
    vote stealer nominates player 1 to vote player 2 instead.

Its would need to be the OP that there is a vote stealer about
    when the results come out, player1 will see that his vote was maniluplated

funniness could ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

2 -) -Necro was talking this in the DR, but a game where the roles were chosen by mods. With balance at the core and people who would make for fun teammates it could work, instead of "let's make an uber wolf/village team". Would need anon too to stop meta.

I didnt spot this in the DR - what would be involved?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote:
    I didnt spot this in the DR - what would be involved?

Basically the sign up thread would specifically state the role allocation was NOT random but selected by the mods. Then whoever was modding picks teams in as balanced a manner as possible.

There's a few kinks in it that probably need to be worked out I suspect though and I dunno if people would be in favour of being selected for a role

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Oh that sounds good - as long as you maybe have some 3rd party review after the mods choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

sKeith wrote: »
    i like the idea of the two vote thing, but I think the owner of the power needs to nominate a player of their chosing to a steal vote from each day and cast that vote in BR or over PM, as well as having a normal vote for themselves in the normal way.

say player 1 votes player 7.
    vote stealer nominates player 1 to vote player 2 instead.

Its would need to be the OP that there is a vote stealer about
    when the results come out, player1 will see that his vote was maniluplated

funniness could ensue.

Really like this, id toyes with the idea of a player who can pick a vote to change once per game for a game im (very slowly) draft building. Seems simple but i think it could be a really powerful mechanic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Necrominus wrote: »
    Basically the sign up thread would specifically state the role allocation was NOT random but selected by the mods. Then whoever was modding picks teams in as balanced a manner as possible.

There's a few kinks in it that probably need to be worked out I suspect though and I dunno if people would be in favour of being selected for a role

Me and Tigger would have to be on a team. Although people would probably get suspicious if he didn't call me out early in the game. Lol.

Pter wrote:
    Oh that sounds good - as long as you maybe have some 3rd party review after the mods choose.

Yep, you could use someone who wasn't playing that particular game to approve the selections. It's just something I kinda wondered had been done before but obviously hasn't been

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ive spent the night thinking of a Father Ted themed game.

The lads from Rugged island could be a evil wolf team. Len Brennan and Pat Mustard can be an SK (Ms Doyle dies of exhustion if Mustard lives past the third lynch.) Fr Damo could be a Traitor. Jack to be a drunk Seer. Henry Sellers can be a sherry swiging vig.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ive spent the night thinking of a Father Ted themed game.

The lads from Rugged island could be a evil wolf team. Len Brennan and Pat Mustard can be an SK (Ms Doyle dies of exhustion if Mustard lives past the third lynch.) Fr Damo could be a Traitor. Jack to be a drunk Seer. Henry Sellers can be a sherry swiging vig.

ha ha that would be ****ing brilliant :D

I wouldn't be a fan of the preselected games mainly due to talking to people on discord. A few communities operate mainly on mod-selected roles and it sounded sooooo boring to me. They get so meta on it. I like the randomness aspect, but would see no problem with assigned roles as long as it's mentioned in the signup. Didn't QB once have a power where she got to pick her wolf team? In fairness, it's probably the only way that Trit gets to be a wolf though! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I wouldn't be a fan of the preselected games mainly due to talking to people on discord. A few communities operate mainly on mod-selected roles and it sounded sooooo boring to me. They get so meta on it. I like the randomness aspect, but would see no problem with assigned roles as long as it's mentioned in the signup. Didn't QB once have a power where she got to pick her wolf team? In fairness, it's probably the only way that Trit gets to be a wolf though! :pac::pac:

Yeah, that was mine and Sully's game. We included a hint about it in the OP, as the first time the selecting was used a huge part of the game was about who you would pick if you were the alpha.

See that I dont mind actually its a cool quirk as the person picking the team is chosen at random, so it could lead to all sorts of teams possibly being chosen. A sliding door number of teams

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yeah, Harry Potter game. It wasn't the first time that happened though. I did consider Trit for my team then, but I thought it'd be a huge part of the game - figuring out who would be picked for a wolf team (like it had been the first time) and he'd have been too obvious a choice, I thought. I needed good but not obvious picks, which is how I went. In the end nobody even noticed.

I actually don't mind the dynamic of that, so long as it's mentioned (or hinted) at in the OP.

I wouldn't be a fan of the preselected games mainly due to talking to people on discord. A few communities operate mainly on mod-selected roles and it sounded sooooo boring to me. They get so meta on it. I like the randomness aspect, but would see no problem with assigned roles as long as it's mentioned in the signup. Didn't QB once have a power where she got to pick her wolf team? In fairness, it's probably the only way that Trit gets to be a wolf though!

That's absolutely fair. I only mentioned it in passing because I didn't know whether it had been done before here. I do agree the only way you could use this as a concept as Mick said was to include this fact in the sign up thread.

I also wouldn't like to see it being used here on a regular basis as I do like the random aspect of the games. But as a once off it might be fine.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a terrible idea. Funnily enough having a player pick their team or being allowed to pick who's infected is completely different to me, dunno why. I remember the Harry Potter game, it was hinted at in the OP and none of us copped! :P Star Wars I think someone could choose good or evil. All of that is completely grand to me, I just think when players start being handpicked for roles there's so much stuff that can go wrong. Or people get stereotyped. And half the game is about the players trying to meta figure out who the mods would have picked for what. No issues with a game like that being ran here, I'd likely just sit it out. Look at all the mad stuff we've had happen coz a newb got a role and played it completely different to how a normal player here would play it. I think Ecto and Lord (and even dare I say BJ) were examples of that in recent games. :) just my 2c!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I'd like to start a game with one wolf and he can kill Or infect two each night for x days then it turns normal
    X depends onnnunber of players
    The infected don't change till the 4th night call it full moon
    And that's the team
    On the goody side have a mayor who can peek or enlist to roles like seer priest etctwo each night for the same x days
    no goody back room
    That's their team
    The complications are obvious
    Then the mayor and the alpha wolf are killed and become mods
    Alone with the third mod
    I think it would be fun and a way of picking
    I might do something like with two player mods in my next game

I like that idea Tigger.

I also like the idea of the lone wolf who can only win by being the last surviving wolf and achieving parity with the village. Obviously the other wolves don't know about the lone wolf at all.

Would be fun for a confident wolf team being ahead of the game then all of a sudden the lone wolf puts in a kill order on one of their team-mates at 9.59am (this would have to be a seperate backroom for the lone wolf). The lone wolf kill would override the munch order in effect by the wolf team, assuming it's the last order put in.

Reading back on last games deadroom, I saw an idea suggested by Mick and TB in jest and wondered if it could work.

You could call it the Mimic Wolf.

A Mimic wolf could choose one villager to mimic. The wolf then has access to their account (will work if its an anon account game).

The Villager can remain logged in and post as normal but the Wolf can login under the villagers anon account and post under that anon account too.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Reading back on last games deadroom, I saw an idea suggested by Mick and TB in jest and wondered if it could work.

You could call it the Mimic Wolf.

A Mimic wolf could choose one villager to mimic. The wolf then has access to their account (will work if its an anon account game).

The Villager can remain logged in and post as normal but the Wolf can login under the villagers anon account and post under that anon account too.

Remember to add rule that players are not allowed to change anon account passwords during a game which has a mimic wolf active.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Remember to add rule that players are not allowed to change anon account passwords during a game which has a mimic wolf active.

Are we allowed to change passwords for the anon accounts anyway? I see this as potential for disaster? Someone changes password doesn't write it down or put it in a password safe

Are we allowed to change passwords for the anon accounts anyway? I see this as potential for disaster? Someone changes password doesn't write it down or put it in a password safe

Id imagine passwords can be trieved potentially, but I dont think they should be changed by any player.

I believe this was discussed, and the outcome was that when handing back accounts, if you changed the password you were to give the new password back to GM, where they would update database/spreadsheet.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104000312&postcount=3

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I believe this was discussed, and the outcome was that when handing back accounts, if you changed the password you were to give the new password back to GM, where they would update database/spreadsheet.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104000312&postcount=3

I agree with TP though. Much safer to just not change the password and avoid issues of forgetting what it was, or forgetting to pass on to the GM.

Anyone watch the purge movies? They are ok. But i wonder what a game like that could go.

Just kinda popped into my head, but everyone could be a villager and a night time they could go out and try kill people or choose to stay safe in thier house.

possibility of people teaming up and been given backrooms with major chance of double cross..

There would have to be some abaility to kill people who stay in doors or maybe you cant stay indoors 3 nights in a row.

Last human :P standing wins?

• Advertisement

so, every player is a villager, and every player has action, either) shelter, attempt team up, kill.
    if you choose shelter, you are safe for the day, but you cannot shelter two days in a row.

if you attempt to kill a player in shelter, it fails, and that's your one action for the day gone.
    if you attempt to kill a player on a team greater than your, then action fails too.
    you can kill a player if on team of same size or less, who is not sheltering.

team up need to be action on all paryies wanting to team up, so not easy to achieve, but give great power if succesful completed.

just thrashing around with your concept a bit.

or, a kill attempt on anyone in a team just dislodges them from the team.

Advertisement