Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game ideas

Options
  • 01-11-2016 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Thought it be nice to have a thread where we could post some game ideas or themes. We could mix or match people's suggestions or come up with our own original ideas :)

Couple of themses I think would be fun

Science Fiction game (characters from our favourite Sci-fi TV and films)

Superheroes vs SuperVillians (no explanation needed)

History themed game (people from history)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

CHRISTMAS!!! Complete with the Grinch, who is adamant to steal Christmas. Can the villagers work together to save the festive cheer?

Harry Potter - 4 houses. Winners are the team that eliminate the other 3 houses. A staff team too that act like villagers.

Hunger Games - a few tributes could make it interesting

Friends characters - I'm not sure how this would work, I would just welcome the opportunity to understand the references :pac:

Father Ted... mind you, many FT references needed explaining in the last game so maybe best to leave that one for a while.....

Or something topical, gangland murders. Romeo and Juliet. Montagues and Capulets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

From a sci if point of view, a Star Wars or Star Trek theme could be good.

For a history theme maybe a WW1 or WW2 theme might work.

I've recently started watching Westworld and thought that it might work as a game theme but the series needs to develop a bit more, tbh.

Superheroes vs Supervillans sounds good too.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Or something topical, gangland murders.

Love/Hate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Really cool ideas.

Looking forward to the Christmas game.

Better include Santa Claws....santas evil German brother.

Instead of villagers we should all be elves.

Vale wrote:
    Instead of villagers we should all be elves.

Sounds good.

Throw in the Grinch, Rudolph, Jack Frost, an all seeing robin redbreast, an evil snowman and a few Christmas crackers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lord of the Rings theme would be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

CHRISTMAS!!! Complete with the Grinch, who is adamant to steal Christmas. Can the villagers work together to save the festive cheer?

Harry Potter - 4 houses. Winners are the team that eliminate the other 3 houses. A staff team too that act like villagers.

Ooooh I LOVE the idea of a Harry Potter themed one! Sign me up for Slytherin please. :cool:

I was thinking of the Christmas game too. Definitely would have to have a Grinch. Villagers are elves, wolves are trolls or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

crosstownk wrote: »
    From a sci if point of view, a Star Wars or Star Trek theme could be good.

Would also like to +1 the Star Trek game. Klingons vs Vulcans vs Federation. Could be epic but may be a bit less accessible. Would have to seriously think about the roles. Although Spock as the seer would make sense to me. Kirk role could be the sherrif or mayor with some sort of weak spot for women. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

for a historical game maybe the tudor period/ reformation, beheading wives, burning heretics etc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I'll work on the Christmas game roles. Any volunteers to co-mod?

• Advertisement

I'll work on the Christmas game roles. Any volunteers to co-mod?

I'll co-mod if you're stuck depending on the dates. I've never done it before so I haven't a clue but I'm sure I'll learn.

It's more to have someone to discuss the roles and rules with. I should be free around the time of the game to do most of the modding. There were just a few incidents that I needed an extra set of eyes on in the last game (what role to use to replace Shane being mod-killed) plus you get access to all of the rooms :)

It's more to have someone to discuss the roles and rules with. I should be free around the time of the game to do most of the modding. There were just a few incidents that I needed an extra set of eyes on in the last game (what role to use to replace Shane being mod-killed) plus you get access to all of the rooms :)

jaysus, id say one slip up and their could be all out war :pac::pac:

Dont worry it will be over by christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

Off the top of my head some ideas

Dr who
    Chthulu mythos (with a madness mechanic :) )
    His dark materials
    Lord of the rings (wanna be a balrog!)

And occasionally just werewolves

I've already had some great Christmas ideas. I cannot wait.

tritium wrote: »
    Off the top of my head some ideas

Dr who
    Chthulu mythos (with a madness mechanic :) )
    His dark materials
    Lord of the rings (wanna be a balrog!)

And occasionally just werewolves

if I'm a f*cking werewolf......

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Would also like to +1 the Star Trek game. Klingons vs Vulcans vs Federation. Could be epic but may be a bit less accessible. Would have to seriously think about the roles. Although Spock as the seer would make sense to me. Kirk role could be the sherrif or mayor with some sort of weak spot for women. Lol.

Could also do a BattleStar Galactica.

Try and find the Cylons.

Baltar the seer.

Kara the assassin.

Adama the hero.

Cavil the villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Could also do a BattleStar Galactica.

Try and find the Colons.

Baltar the seer.

Kara the assassin.

Adama the hero.

Cavil the villain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7mHXt5Mopo

what a show

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

As I often enjoy watching these games unfold more than play, I'm going to drop suggestions and run :D

Archer - ISIS vs ODIN vs KGB vs Barry/Other Barry

Cyberpunk / Hackers vs Corporations

*smoke bomb

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

Was thinking of two other variants.

A blade 2 game where the vampires have to also deal with a hidden team in their own ranks

An aliens game with the shapeshift mechanic built into the bad team on some defined frequency, e.g. 3 aliens and they morph in some sequence to infect new players

• Advertisement

South Park could be a fun idea.

So I was thinking as this is a 24 hour game

Village time is for village, etc for wolfs

So could we stop the race to 9.59.59 and only villagers votes count in the last hour for the deciding one. (wolfs can still change but last village vote decides)

And villager roles coming out at 10:00:00 is another big angle to me when the rules sate as they cant be killed after.

Ive 2 things in my head, roles can only come out during village time, or they can come out a half hour before the much (or else ge modkilled)

I know we all play the game fairly.

Just been thinking with a modding head the last day so any thoughts would be good.

Again no offence to anyone ive done the same in games, all which was within the rules

Also this makes perfect sense in my head after 3 rereads but its cool if I cant get it across.

Angle might be the wrong word also, just people being smarter then me.

I just dont like either thing to play just as your online and Im online lots

I also deleted some posts in the back thread, Ive no idea if this is allowed or not so Id also like that discusssed

( i mean it felt ok but id like a ruling in future)

Yes im a wreckhead

So could we stop the race to 9.59.59 and only villagers votes count in the last hour for the deciding one. (wolfs can still change but last village vote decides)

Afaik the vote does stop at 9.59.59, but I do think a discussion is warranted on using time to game the system
    And villager roles coming out at 10:00:00 is another big angle to me when the rules sate as they cant be killed after.

I agree with this and although technically 10am is village time, it gives the village an advantage allowing them to game the system with time. I figured this was the reason for the intro of an sk kill at lynch, to disrupt this safe and familliar pattern for the village.
    On the other hand, it could be argued that priests and seers have as much to offer wolves as villagers, as wolves dont find out who they're killing in every game, and a seer has very useful info for them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I also deleted some posts in the back thread, Ive no idea if this is allowed or not so Id also like that discusssed

( i mean it felt ok but id like a ruling in future)

Yes im a wreckhead

As a mod, we could see all deleted posts :)

Nothing was said in the rules about editing or deleting in backrooms, only in main thread. But maybe it does need to be clarified in future games.

quickbeam wrote:
    Nothing was said in the rules about editing or deleting in backrooms, only in main thread. But maybe it does need to be clarified in future games.

I think once you interact with another player there should be no deleting, if you're on your on its ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

How about a game base on The Simpson's characters?

Evil folks could be the Terwilliger's? (Sideshow Bob, Cecil, Dr Robert, Gina, Cecil)

Dr Hibbert - Doctor
    Rev Lovejoy - Priest

etc. I am sure you get the jist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Flanders would have to be bodyguard

• Advertisement

Mick would want the role of Herman Hermann.

Advertisement