Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game ideas

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I think once you interact with another player there should be no deleting, if you're on your on its ok

well i posted stuff to sshouw you i wasn't a baddie and deletred it because i didn't want people to see but i'f the delete has been turned to soft delete thats something to know for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Tigger wrote:
    well i posted stuff to sshouw you i wasn't a baddie and deletred it because i didn't want people to see but i'f the delete has been turned to soft delete thats something to know for the future

I guess it's something we decide applies in general as a group, or the mods of individual games include in each rule set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

How about a game base on The Simpson's characters?

Evil folks could be the Terwilliger's? (Sideshow Bob, Cecil, Dr Robert, Gina, Cecil)

Dr Hibbert - Doctor
    Rev Lovejoy - Priest

etc. I am sure you get the jist :)

I like this idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I like this idea.

I could get in the queue and do one then. Just need a Co-Mod. Quickbeam will take a LOT of living up to as she was an amazing co-mod :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I was thinking we could probably put together a Community themed game, was just making a joke about it there but it could work.

Abed as Seer
    Shirley as Priest

Chang, Star Burns and Leonard as wolves

The Dean as SK

I haven't seen all the show yet so I'll piece it together better when I do.

Also if you haven't watched Community do

• Advertisement

The Dean as SK

Poor dean! He's no sk

Chang is an sk if ever I saw one!

The dean of city college and his nameless cronies can be wolves

Also if you haven't watched Community do

Also definitely this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Poor dean! He's no sk

Chang is an sk if ever I saw one!

The dean of city college and his nameless cronies can be wolves

Surely Pierce is the SK if anyone is!? :pac:

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Surely Pierce is the SK if anyone is!? :pac:

I think he's a village idiot!!

I actually had some good ideas for baddies in a community game but i don't want to spoil it for digi!

I think he's a village idiot!!

I actually had some good ideas for baddies in a community game but i don't want to spoil it for digi!

Gf has seen all of Community and it was her gave me the idea, she also said she had an evil team idea but didn't want to spoil it. Tbf we watch about 6 episodes a day so I won't be long finishing it :pac:

Wanna co-mod it?

• Advertisement

Gf has seen all of Community and it was her gave me the idea, she also said she had an evil team idea but didn't want to spoil it. Tbf we watch about 6 episodes a day so I won't be long finishing it :pac:

Wanna co-mod it?

I bet it's the same idea!!

Sure!!

I bet it's the same idea!!

Sure!!

Probably is, Chang's crew?

Shall we take the next free one

Probably is, Chang's crew?

Shall we take the next free one

when is that? I've a series of exams and assignments coming up, I probably shouldn't commit to more werewolfing until they're out of the way

Chang's crew? what season are you on, maybe you've passed it already

when is that? I've a series of exams and assignments coming up, I probably shouldn't commit to more werewolfing until they're out of the way

Chang's crew? what season are you on, maybe you've passed it already

Game 12 is the next free one, it's set for May if we're going monthly.

I presume someone will have some mad idea for game 13 but we can take Game 14 in July?

I'm halfway through season three, that's all that was said to me

Game 12 is the next free one, it's set for May if we're going monthly.

I presume someone will have some mad idea for game 13 but we can take Game 14 in July?

I'm halfway through season three, that's all that was said to me

Cool, game 14 then!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I presume someone will have some mad idea for game 13

Yeah. The lynches/munches take place in RL...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Yeah. The lynches/munches take place in RL...

Have to be a Hunger games one the ;)

I don't know how to name this, but basically if we get 20 players, and split them into 10 groups of two.

Then the ten teams are split, so you'd have three wolf teams of two making up the bad guys, a single team of two making up the serial Killer and then six teams of two as the good guys, a team of seers, a team of priests etc.

Each team posts under their own account, so there would be 20 people posting under 10 accounts, but you lynch the accounts not the players, so two people die per lynch or munch

Might possibly get a little mental, and would be difficult to balance but it sounds cool to me.

Anyone want to shoot a few holes in it?

Also Tigger and MJ no calling dibs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

I don't know how to name this, but basically if we get 20 players, and split them into 10 groups of two.

Then the ten teams are split, so you'd have three wolf teams of two making up the bad guys, a single team of two making up the serial Killer and then six teams of two as the good guys, a team of seers, a team of priests etc.

Each team posts under their own account, so there would be 20 people posting under 10 accounts, but you lynch the accounts not the players, so two people die per lynch or munch

Might possibly get a little mental, and would be difficult to balance but it sounds cool to me.

Was thinking if something similar, a game where everyone has a team/role with the aim to munch or persuade everyone to lynch every other team. Not sure what the best size is to make the endgame viable since i think if teams are all down to 1 or 2 you could end with a stalemate. Kind of trying to think it through every now and again. Interesting type of concept though to make it a team centric game

tritium wrote: »
    Was thinking if something similar, a game where everyone has a team/role with the aim to munch or persuade everyone to lynch every other team. Not sure what the best size is to make the endgame viable since i think if teams are all down to 1 or 2 you could end with a stalemate. Kind of trying to think it through every now and again

I thought about something similar before for a Hunger games themed game 2 on each team but only one team wins with only one winner off the team, hadnt really the foggiest how to work out the details. (Could work well as a speed game but would probably need a few mods)

• Advertisement

With mine it's still wolves V villagers, I'd have to type longhand with examples to explain and I'm not arsed right now.

Trit, how was the powerplay to work again? (Not a joke)

With mine it's still wolves V villagers, I'd have to type longhand with examples to explain and I'm not arsed right now.

Trit, how was the powerplay to work again? (Not a joke)

You mean the game two powerplay? Oh lord some of us needed therapy after that:)

From memory, basically once it was announced all votes for one hour (i think it was one hour) either side of it counted twice and were always counted. In effect if you voted during it you got two votes plus you could make a final vote after powerplay that also counted to give you 3 votes in that round.

Much easier and actual implementable way to do it is that all the wolf teams need to agree to use it.

Votes cast an hour before or after are counted twice, and that's it, no special extra vote, if you vote again outside the bracket your extra vote is lost.

And don't tell the village until lynch time

tritium wrote: »
    You mean the game two powerplay? Oh lord some of us needed therapy after that:)

From memory, basically once it was announced all votes for one hour (i think it was one hour) either side of it counted twice and were always counted. In effect if you voted during it you got two votes plus you could make a final vote after powerplay that also counted to give you 3 votes in that round.

If I remember the rule, the powerplay was told to the game mod so I dont think normal people found out it happened? cant remember 100% though

You didnt get extra votes. It was just votes cast during the powerplay hour which did include and hour either side counted as double.

If I remember the rule, the powerplay was told to the game mod so I dont think normal people found out it happened? cant remember 100% though

You didnt get extra votes. It was just votes cast during the powerplay hour which did include and hour either side counted as double.

Yes thats right, it was the wolves special move. The village only found out at the lynch.

Ah cool that's what I was thinking

How did that bring about so much confusion?

I have no idea lol. And the more confusion there was made it harder and harder to explain! I thought it was black and white :P

There was a voting system suggested to counter act the power of the power play which was time consuming and a bit confusing which we discussed at lenght one day.

TBH I get PTSD discussing it so Id prefer the leave it here tbh.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

**** id a big epic post about making a game which was mainly turn based but lost it.

The main gist was eveyplayer had an action so a villager could say shoot or hide
    A vampire could kill or half convert
    A WW could munch ugh I dont know.

Essentially the teams would be split in 3 and be fairly even in abilities and every day would finish on the last person on the last team acting.

Now we would still need a time frame so every action would need to be taken every 3/6/9 hours of play or you miss your turn ( once mod or mods are available)

Itd be similar in way to Jayos speed game except it'd be all on thread bar kill moves (which could be pmed tp wwgm account or we have a kill room in the other place where players would be labeled 123 matbe ) I dont know exactly

And also once a mod was there a game round might only take 10 mins it'd be a speed game where the players control how fast it takes and id put its timeframe somewhere between a jayo speed game and a normal one

This idea is very raw so im open to any critique

There would be still a game thread obviously.

Ive probably missed something massive but in my head sound cool

O and the best bit eveyone gets an abilty to potentially kill someone which is why we really play the game :D

Game would prob need 4 plus mods Im thinking but its a game that could run monthly when the main isnt

Game in my head would have 12-15 players and last 3-4 days max (maybe a few hours depending how players acted)

• Advertisement

I love the idea of a jester role. Not sure if you guys have played with one before. The goal of the jester is to get lynched. Adds in a pinch more paranoia. One of the people who voted to lynch the jester is randomly selected to commit suicide, over the grief of killing a mentally disturbed clown. The game will continue but the jester has essentially won the game when this happens, everyone else is playing for second place.

Advertisement