Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game ideas

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

maybe given early access to the anon account so they can participate in any pre game banter.

sKeith wrote: »
    they could pm there wish to participate, and be called anon1 in the signup.

Thatd work great, im only saying this as its pointless me being anon :)

i had no preference for anon or non anon in the last sign up

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    they could pm there wish to participate, and be called anon1 in the signup.

I foresee one problem with the game though. Paranoia causing a team like mentality.

Would be an interesting dynamic for sure.

Necrominus wrote: »
    I foresee one problem with the game though. Paranoia causing a team like mentality.

Would be an interesting dynamic for sure.

It could be trialed in a vanilla game to see i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I feel I'd be immediately suss of the anon people

I feel I'd be immediately suss of the anon people

I don't trust you :P but I did dottie, you would horn me to death then dance on my grave

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Thatd work great, im only saying this as its pointless me being anon :)

It's not so much your posting style that gives you away, it's your forgetting to not post with your own account. If you could fix that, and not claim so many roles, you'd be pretty well hidden.

Most people, except Necro for some reason, I can't spot when they play anon anyway. Personally I'd rather all anon, or all RL accounts though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    It's not so much your posting style that gives you away, it's your forgetting to not post with your own account. If you could fix that, and not claim so many roles, you'd be pretty well hidden.

Most people, except Necro for some reason, I can't spot when they play anon anyway. Personally I'd rather all anon, or all RL accounts though.

Heh, I'm the exact same way with you QB. I spotted you in both games this past week and when you were Batman I had an inkling it was you too.

Heh, I'm the exact same way with you QB. I spotted you in both games this past week and when you were Batman I had an inkling it was you too.

What gave me away this game? I didn't mention spreadsheets once! :confused:

• Advertisement

What gave me away this game? I didn't mention spreadsheets once! :confused:

Not really sure this time. I think it was when you complained to the mods about me calling you names, it struck me. I was like: 'That is so something QB would do' :D:D:D

I thought I was uncharacteristically jokey, less my normal serious self this game, that would hide my real self. Aw well!

I don't trust you but I did dottie, you would horn me to death then dance on my grave

I'm super trustworthy, sure I've only been a baddie for half a game.

Also...horn you to death? What a turn of phrase!

i thought yoss was necro, didnt tweak anybody else bar qb. the real necro never registered.

i thought yoss was necro, didnt tweak anybody else bar qb. the real necro never registered.

It was probably that I wasn't prominent until I revealed as seer. It was absolute torture, sitting back and wanting to comment on stuff but I was conscious the village might need me at some point. So I lurked in the shadows until I got something concrete. Almost got me shot too :eek::eek::eek::eek:

That because Yoss was top poster?

Yoss didn't come across as Necro to me. But Gabriel as second top poster did. Style + Volume = Necro.

That because Yoss was top poster?

Yoss didn't come across as Necro to me. But Gabriel as second top poster did. Style + Volume = Necro.

And the endless gif posting;);)

tumblr_nsp53fHOAp1r49902o1_400.gif

I'm super trustworthy, sure I've only been a baddie for half a game.

Also...horn you to death? What a turn of phrase!

triceratops have horns... spear, spike............ o gore me to death. wait its not gore either.

despactico?

despactico?

I never heard of that prior to the last game!

I never heard of that prior to the last game!

I feel like I have to post it now :o:o:o

• Advertisement

And with that, I killed another thread.

I'm off now for the evening. Planning will continue in earnest for my (and Pter's and Tigger's) Buffy game in October.

Smell ya later folks

Necrominus wrote:
    I feel like I have to post it now

I like it, some beautiful latino people is just what I need to cleanse my mind before bed (I've been listening to a creepy murder podcast all f-ing day)

I never heard of "pocketing" before last game. Still not sure I quite get what it means though.

quickbeam wrote:
    I never heard of "pocketing" before last game. Still not sure I quite get what it means though.

Agreeing with someone subtly to get them onside with you. Saying we must be on the same side because we think the same. Putting them in your pocket

Agreeing with someone subtly to get them onside with you. Saying we must be on the same side because we think the same. Putting them in your pocket

I agree with triceradots

playing all nice to somebody, with the purpose of them see you as an ally or a friend and then likely to vote same way as you or at least less likely to vote against you.

Is this an other place word? im with QB tbh id never heard of it, bar in the football sense but that's to have someone in your pocket as opposed to pocketing

Is this an other place word? im with QB tbh id never heard of it, bar in the football sense but that's to have someone in your pocket as opposed to pocketing

Yes. From The-Place-that-shall-not-be-named :P

Barney/Tegan used it about me and it stuck in my head and I may have used it about Steve/QB in my backroom as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Yes. From The-Place-that-shall-not-be-named :P

Barney/Tegan used it about me and it stuck in my head and I may have used it about Steve/QB in my backroom as a result

I used it because it was from the other place and also we were anon. I'd never have considered it if posting under Barney.

• Advertisement

Not sure if it was already mentioned but a matrix game would be cool.

Potential for agent Smith to be a sk who would be like the

The Blob - Team Neutral. Each night, the next living player in the game list is added to The Blob. If at any time, all players have been absorbed into the Blob, the Blob player wins.

Could also play on boards and on change of plane one being the matrix the other real life if you die in one you die in the other.

A Fringe game would be cool with alternate universes

I like the idea of a game where roles were switched around during the game be a lot of work for mods mind but would be cool

Advertisement