Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Snowcast

Only managing to catch up on this thread now, so many beautiful photos.

On Tuesday & Wednesday I had Butter Chicken. First time making it, but it was lovely. I'm not great at cooking Indian meals but this turned out nice. I used a recipe from Gareth Mullins, head chef at the Marker Hotel in Dublin. This is the recipe.

Thursday was Fish & Chips.

Friday was steak & chips.

Saturday & tonight was pizza and chips.

We don't normally have chips so much in one week, but we just seemed to pair them with everything this week.

Tomorrow is roast turkey breast or else home-made chicken stew.

Might end up using the turkey in sandwiches and salads instead of a roast dinner, but we'll see.
    Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    Will try these, thank you. My son loves Nandos chicken. My spiced chicken breasts/thighs I usually make with either cajun spices & chilli or chilli with cumin, tikka & masala. With both I cover the chicken in lemon juice and leave for 20 minutes and after add the oiled mixed spices. I oven bake, easier, less mess and I am lazy.. also I leave the lemon skins in to bake, gives a lovely flavour.
    I, too, love Nandos and find these somewhat similar. They would be even nicer cooked on a charcoal BBQ, I think. I will try your suggestions out, they sound lovely. I tend to gravitate towards the same spice mix for chicken so it will be nice to change it up and try something different.

Let me know how you find the Nandos style chicken, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it.
    Chicken with green bean, pea, smiley face radish, broccoli, asparagus salad. Mustard honey lemon dressing. Surprisingly filling.

https://i.imgur.com/OVA0djF.jpg
    This looks divine. I regularly have meals like this but never with dressing as I have never successfully made a nice one and any shop bought ones I never like. Could you share the recipe/method for your dressing please?
    awec wrote: »
    Smoked a pork fillet, it was fantastic.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=555047&d=1622915900

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=555048&d=1622915900

Served up with some of beer revolus potato salad which was also fantastic.
    That looks mouth-watering. ��
    Ryath wrote: »
    Not my picture as I was too eager to tuck in but had this takeaway from The Fish Market in Mullingar last night. Had heard it was good but hadn't got around to trying it. Was savage lots of other great options I'll certainly be back to try.

Tasting selection, battered cod, grilled salmon, mussels, scampi (this was great best scampi I've ever had) an oyster, chips and a seaweed salad.
    https://scontent.fdub5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-0/p526x296/61142835_2539318942757231_6116990081929576448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=22AyrYCvgkcAX-WwhZi&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&tp=6&oh=87d7a25f11ea856859e6fc21b3ecc655&oe=60E34C7D
    This looks gorgeous. We love The Fish Market. They do the nicest fish and chips. Their Tartare sauce is my favourite one.
    Chicken fillet burger with cheese, and skin on Airfryer chips.

https://i.postimg.cc/B6vZHQRk/20210606-191016.jpg
    That looks delicious. What is the light coloured sauce? If home-made, could you share the recipe please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Snowcast wrote: »
    This looks divine. I regularly have meals like this but never with dressing as I have never successfully made a nice one and any shop bought ones I never like. Could you share the recipe/method for your dressing please?

Lashed half a lemon's juice, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 tsp honey, 2 tbsp peanut oil into a small plastic container and shook it around to mix. Taste and add whatever you think it needs to balance it out, if you prefer sweetness, more honey, more lemon for bitter, etc. That much dressing did it for two of us that day, and we still have leftover for today's lunch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Snowcast wrote: »

That looks delicious. What is the light coloured sauce? If home-made, could you share the recipe please?

That's my version of secret sauce :)

A load of mayonnaise, a good squirt of burger mustard, a shake of paprika (not smoked), a drizzle of vinegar from the gherkin jar. A little squirt of ketchup and a good pinch of garlic granules - and onion granules if you like.

Taste it as you go and tweak it until you get it right for you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

yRGyQmGl.jpg

Lashed half a lemon's juice, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 tsp honey, 2 tbsp peanut oil into a small plastic container and shook it around to mix. Taste and add whatever you think it needs to balance it out, if you prefer sweetness, more honey, more lemon for bitter, etc. That much dressing did it for two of us that day, and we still have leftover for today's lunch.
    That's my version of secret sauce :)

A load of mayonnaise, a good squirt of burger mustard, a shake of paprika (not smoked), a drizzle of vinegar from the gherkin jar. A little squirt of ketchup and a good pinch of garlic granules - and onion granules if you like.

Taste it as you go and tweak it until you get it right for you.

Thank you both so much. I am definitely going to try these, they sound delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Nachos, sour cream and freshly made salsa.

Off screen is a cold can of cider :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Had a delicious salad lunch with the in laws with fresh made brown bread.

Tonight's dinner is leftovers! And a bottle of something nice. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Barbecued ribeye, veg and baby potatoes, eaten outside :)

20210607-190416.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Made a spicy korean fried chicken (thigh) bowl with a sweet and spicy sauce but not before having a mini-meltdown along the way.. Was doing the first fry and the chicken just looked like, boiled chicken! It almost looked as if the coating had come off but thankfully I didn't throw them out because they browned up nicely in the end. Lesson learned for next time :o

Whats-App-Image-2021-06-07-at-21-31-09.jpg

cefh17 wrote: »
    Made a spicy korean fried chicken (thigh) bowl with a sweet and spicy sauce but not before having a mini-meltdown along the way.. Was doing the first fry and the chicken just looked like, boiled chicken! It almost looked as if the coating had come off but thankfully I didn't throw them out because they browned up nicely in the end. Lesson learned for next time :o

That looks absolutely delicious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I got my numbers wrong for pizzas this evening so none for me. :eek: :(

Despite having loads of leftovers from yesterday, I popped up to Vincezos on the Malahide Road for a cheeky Puck Fair something or other pizza. And a box of hot & spicy chicken wings.

The pizza was delicious but jebus those wings were hot. I managed two. Son & daughter finished the rest. It was like a bloodbath, the red handkerchieves everywhere!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Chinese after a few pints down at the pub :D

Haven’t had Chinese in years so got my old favourites, crispy duck with pancakes and a 3in1. Hit the spot!

Cauliflower, potato and chickpea curry with rice, mini naans, raita and mango chutney.

Forgot my photo!

Lamb and couscous with a Moroccan sauce I got in dunnes on the side, was quite fruity, i liked it.

No pic, File size is too large and cant be arsed lash it up to a site :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Cauliflower cheese - Jamie Oliver.

PXL_20210607_194712496.jpg

Tapas!

IMG-20210608-195617.jpg

Tonight was salmon coated in a marinade of groundnut oil, honey, Dijon mustard, paprika, garlic granules, dried parsley and some lemon juice. We had it with baked potatoes and butter.

Chicken breast with lemon pepper rub, mash, sprouts and broccoli. And a dollop of Chef brown sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭notAMember

Thai green curry, with green vegetables and prawns.

Blew our heads off (in a good way!) , it’s very hard to gauge the heat of fresh chillis sometimes, and I went a bit mad on the ginger too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭sporina

Toulouse wrote: »
    Chinese after a few pints down at the pub :D

Haven’t had Chinese in years so got my old favourites, crispy duck with pancakes and a 3in1. Hit the spot!

sounds like a fab night - can tell you enjoyed it! x

• Administrators Posts: 53,505 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

notAMember wrote: »
    Thai green curry, with green vegetables and prawns.

Blew our heads off (in a good way!) , it’s very hard to gauge the heat of fresh chillis sometimes, and I went a bit mad on the ginger too.

Green curry is supposed to blow your head off. I am always so disappointed if I order it somewhere and it's more aromatic or coconuty than spicy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

A fridge emptying tomato and chorizo risotto. I added some Cajun seasoning as suggested in the comments on BBC Good Food site and it was very nice!

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/tomato-chorizo-risotto

Made Cheesy beans on toast (homemade)
    Lashed the left over Moroccan sauce into the portion I just had and it was nice.
    Planning to have some with an egg, sautéed potatoes or something tomorrow

No pics but we had pan fried chicken breasts with some grillspice packet, baby potatoes, green beans and some bearnaise sauce. Really hungry having it so the hunger sauce was even better than the bearnaise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

First Hello Fresh dinner. Herby chicken with red onion mash and balsamic garlicky green beans. It was fine. Nothing special. Felt like a right twat sprinkling fresh parsley on it at the end. :o
    555504.jpg

For tonight's dinner I boiled some chopped baby potatoes and while they were cooking, I fried up some chorizo, garlic, onion and red pepper. Once tender I threw the potatoes into the pan along with the sausage and veggies to crisp up. Seasoning was just salt and pepper. Once the edges of everything were caramelized, I served it up in bowls topped with a runny poached egg and black pepper.

It was really good and I wish I'd taken a photo.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Sun was out so BBQ was lit. Supervalu beef kofta and pork belly slices with grilled red pepper and red onion and baby potatoes. It was yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I lit the BBQ and had a Cajun style pork loin, cooked slowly for an hour or so indirectly with the lid down, before transferring it over the coals for the last twenty minutes or so.

Came out really well, let it rest for five minutes or so.

IMG-20210610-185141.jpg

Before slicing it up nicely.

IMG-20210610-185747.jpg

Served it up with baby spuds, airfried for ten minutes before finishing on the barbecue, bit of mixed salad and picked cabbage.

IMG-20210610-190004.jpg

• Advertisement

We had spatchcocked chicken cooked on the BBQ with veggie rice. It would have been nice to eat it outside but there was a gale blowing :rolleyes:

Advertisement