Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Recliner wrote: »
    Dizzy, those wedges look gorgeous..
    cee_jay wrote: »
    They really, really do! How did you get them so good?

They were Roosters. I parboiled them gently for 4 minutes, drained them and tossed them in plenty of olive oil. Then I sprinkled them with Maldon salt and roasted them at 180C for 40-45 minutes at the top of the oven :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

BBQ here today in the garden with some family.

We decided to be original and went for burgers, sausages, chicken thighs, potato salad, green salad and all the fixings. Cocktails and beer made an appearance. Marshmallows over the firepit to finish. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Bacon, cabbage, spuds and parsley sauce.

Feeding my Dad and it's his favourite dinner whatever the weather. He's not a BBQ and salad man.

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

BBQ here today in the garden with some family.

We decided to be original and went for burgers, sausages, chicken thighs, potato salad, green salad and all the fixings. Cocktails and beer made an appearance. Marshmallows over the firepit to finish. :)

Mmmm, beer…

• Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

O8lgFzkI_o.jpg

Chicken in white wine sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Slow Cooked Beef Ribs with Wild Garlic Mash

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Tried something new, an idea I found on a German recipe website. A Cauliflower, mushroom and cheese pie. As with most German things, it's massive. But seriously tasty, with some buttery baby potatoes.

554525.jpg

554526.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭sporina

Shenshen wrote: »
    Tried something new, an idea I found on a German recipe website. A Cauliflower, mushroom and cheese pie. As with most German things, it's massive. But seriously tasty, with some buttery baby potatoes.

wow, that looks really professional on both culinary and photography levels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Summer Roast.

IMG-2105.jpg

IMG-2108.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Babyback Ribs from my BBQ on Saturday..

rAkI9lGl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Snowcast

Last night I made these chicken fillets and had it in a floury bap with mixed leaves, rocket, pickles and cheese. Had it with home-made chips.

Tonight I am attempting Philly Steak style subs. Beef strips, mushrooms, onions, pickles (for me) with rocket and mixed leaves also. Not sure whether to do boiled potatoes or the last of the home-made chips with them. Will decide in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭sporina

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    Summer Roast.

wow - looks so fresh and vibrant - enjoy!

We had leftover bbq chicken thighs - I had mine with barbecue sauce and sweet chilli sauce - potato salad and carrot salad. The chicken was even better on day two. I reheated it in the air fryer and it was so crispy and juicy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Snowcast wrote: »
    Last night I made these chicken fillets and had it in a floury bap with mixed leaves, rocket, pickles and cheese. Had it with home-made chips.

Tonight I am attempting Philly Steak style subs. Beef strips, mushrooms, onions, pickles (for me) with rocket and mixed leaves also. Not sure whether to do boiled potatoes or the last of the home-made chips with them. Will decide in a bit.

Will try these, thank you. My son loves Nandos chicken. My spiced chicken breasts/thighs I usually make with either cajun spices & chilli or chilli with cumin, tikka & masala. With both I cover the chicken in lemon juice and leave for 20 minutes and after add the oiled mixed spices. I oven bake, easier, less mess and I am lazy.. also I leave the lemon skins in to bake, gives a lovely flavour.
    sporina wrote: »
    Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    Summer Roast.

wow - looks so fresh and vibrant - enjoy!

Thank you. Love salads always want to try out more recipes. The broccoli & feta cheese salad is an old favorite from Avoca.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Tandoor Chicken, cooked on the gas barbie, with savoury rice and flatbreads.

E3538-B4-F-5-D19-4-AEA-BF51-B0-B82-E3-E8172.jpg

This thread is really glitchy for me at the moment.

We had lamb meatballs tonight with tomato sauce, spaghetti and garlic bread. It was nice but I overcooked the meatballs so they were dry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Tandoor Chicken, cooked on the gas barbie, with savoury rice and flatbreads.

Any chance you could point me to a recipe, for both the chicken and the flatbread!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

cooperguy wrote: »
    Any chance you could point me to a recipe, for both the chicken and the flatbread!

Flatbread is here https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/bread-recipes/easy-flatbreads/
    I brush them with just melted butter though. The butter is what makes them special.

For the chicken I just bought a jar of korma paste, marinated them in most of it for a few hours and then cooked them on a low barbie for 30/40 minutes turning every 5 minutes or so. If the skin is left on and melts, they will burn so watch them carefully.

The remainder of the paste I mix into the rice with some chopped peppers and coriander.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Flatbread is here https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/bread-recipes/easy-flatbreads/
    I brush them with just melted butter though. The butter is what makes them special.

For the chicken I just bought a jar of korma paste, marinated them in most of it for a few hours and then cooked them on a low barbie for 30/40 minutes turning every 5 minutes or so. If the skin is left on and melts, they will burn so watch them carefully.

The remainder of the paste I mix into the rice with some chopped peppers and coriander.

Will try this over the weekend, and I'll let you know how I get on gloom. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

We had sunshine Hake fillets. Photos don't do the fish justice to be fair.

Served with new potatoes and green beans that were boiled and then fried in the same pan as the fish was, with sun-dried tomatoes, crushed garlic and thyme.

Squeeze of fresh lemon juice just before serving.

IMG-20210602-181742.jpg

I'll make this again. :)

• Advertisement

We had aubergine parmigiana and Polish bread. Delicious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had roast chicken with veggie rice. Nothing new or exciting coming from this kitchen these days :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

We had roast chicken with veggie rice. Nothing new or exciting coming from this kitchen these days :rolleyes:

You are doing better than me. I had two sausage rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

You are doing better than me. I had two sausage rolls.

My kindred spirit!

Tagliatelle, smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes, asparagus. Dash of cream for a sauce.

'twere fair nice.

As an aside I ate a bit of the asparagus raw and it was delicious. Reminded me of something but I couldn't place it.
    They would be so tasty in a salad or as a crudité. Probably loads of you already know this, but it was a revelation to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

On a bit of a stir fry binge at the moment.

9Zt3pAE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭tscul32

Recliner wrote: »
    As an aside I ate a bit of the asparagus raw and it was delicious. Reminded me of something but I couldn't place it.
    They would be so tasty in a salad or as a crudité. Probably loads of you already know this, but it was a revelation to me.

I recently discovered that asparagus and basil are fab together. Stirred some through pasta with a creamy basil sauce and it was incredibly tasty.

We had veggie burgers and chips tonight.

The burgers were the brand "Glas" and they were absolutely revolting. Strongly DNR. Disaster!

tscul32 wrote: »
    I recently discovered that asparagus and basil are fab together. Stirred some through pasta with a creamy basil sauce and it was incredibly tasty.

I would like to try that. Sounds lovely. Have you a recipe for the sauce please?

• Advertisement

Liver, bacon, mushrooms and onions in a cream sauce. Mash and peas.
    Like a big cuddle!!
    Very late dinner tonight.

Advertisement