Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

BBQ leftovers here. Boerewors, burgers, coleslaw and Mexican bean salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Recliner

Was supposed to be leftover BBQ but circumstances intervened so it was sausages and chips from a bag in a van at the side of a country road.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Sardines on the kamado. Yummy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had cheat roast beef tonight - cheat because it was frozen leftovers from a few weeks ago. I did cook fresh roasties and veg though :)

Chicken wings, corn on the cob and potato salad.

Hit the spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Beef and Pork Meatballs.

555984.jpg

We had a cheeky Tuesday night takeaway. Chinese for me, Indian for himself. Watching the football. Happy out. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Pierogi (from Tesco) with fried onions, garlic and rosemary, and chickpeas.

We had a cheeky Tuesday night takeaway. Chinese for me, Indian for himself. Watching the football. Happy out. :)

God, I haven't had an Indian in an age. I feel one coming on for this weekend.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Pierogi (from Tesco) with fried onions, garlic and rosemary, and chickpeas.

What was in the pierogi? I haven't seen them in my local Tesco. Are they frozen or fresh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

Recliner wrote: »
    What was in the pierogi? I haven't seen them in my local Tesco. Are they frozen or fresh?

Listed here https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/details/?id=264057806

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Loaded sweet potato chips and nachos

556021.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Recliner wrote: »

They're fresh. €2
    One with meat (beef and pork I think, they're not very meaty) and a cheese based one.

They're precooked, so just heat up in hot water, or fry. I made fried onions and added the pierogi towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Had a log of goats cheese to use up so needed to think of something to make with it. Usually have some ready made pastry in fridge but had to make that too. Hadn't made it years but shortcrust is actually pretty handy. Won't be making Puff pastry though!

Goats Cheese and Red onion Quiche.
    556061.jpg

Spag bol tonight. Cheap, cheerful and a crowd pleaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Spag bol tonight. Cheap, cheerful and a crowd pleaser.

You just reminded me that I have bol in the freezer, I keep forgetting about it.

3 egg omelette with cheese for me tonight. Himself had pasta and pesto. We couldn’t agree on what to eat after training so we both had what we wanted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Baked plaice with lemon pepper. We bought it in Howth yesterday, it was really fresh. I'm getting better at eating fish :)

20210616-192040.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭sporina

Baked plaice with lemon pepper. We bought it in Howth yesterday, it was really fresh. I'm getting better at eating fish :)

cool.. I eat fish about 5 times x week (I believe my strong nails and good hair/skin are testament to it)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Grilled seabass and roasted potatoes on the bbq

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

We had egg fried rice with stir fried mushrooms, broccoli and mangetouts with loads of garlic and chili.

556111.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭sporina

Shenshen wrote: »
    We had egg fried rice with stir fried mushrooms, broccoli and mangetouts with loads of garlic and chili.

hmm love all those components, bar the egg (I am so weird about eggs)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭tscul32

My 13 year old was cooking. Tandoori chicken, red lentil dhal, rice pilaf and naan breads, all made from scratch. Popadums are from the shop.

tscul32 wrote: »
    My 13 year old was cooking. Tandoori chicken, red lentil dhal, rice pilaf and naan breads, all made from scratch. Popadums are from the shop.

Wow!!!

Tonight we had air-fried chicken thighs brushed with sweet chilli sauce, potato salad and corn on the cob. I also had a couple of perfect avocados so instead of making a salad with them I made guacamole (avocado, red onion, scallion, coriander, lime juice, garlic, jalapenos, s&p), which we devoured with a few corn chips.

I finally got a parasol and base for the table in the garden so we ate outside without getting fried. :pac:

Meatballs, spaghetti and sauce.

The mound of parmesan is nothing to what my husband's bowl looked like.
    He's a parmesan fiend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Honey chilli veg and noodles with stirfried king prawns.

Delicious.

IMG-20210617-195654.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 499 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Just using up some stuff I had left in the fridge and came up with this. Smoked Haddock Mac and cheese. It was devoured, so tasty.

We had M&S lasagna and garlic bread tonight. It was really nice and required very little effort :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Hello Fresh scored a win tonight after 3 misses last week. Bacon and Butternut Squash Risotto. Absolutely delicious but I always find risotto to be too much of a faff for a weeknight dinner. Maybe on a Saturday when I've nothing else to occupy myself. And we've cancelled the subscription anyway, another mess up with the delivery this week so there's no hope for them.
    556177.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Hello Fresh scored a win tonight after 3 misses last week. Bacon and Butternut Squash Risotto. Absolutely delicious but I always find risotto to be too much of a faff for a weeknight dinner.]

How did this come?
    How do you prepare it at home.

Advertisement