Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

Recliner wrote: »
    I would like to try that. Sounds lovely. Have you a recipe for the sauce please?

No, not great at dinner recipes, more a 'make it up as I go along' kind of cook. I think it was some leftover pesto (the fresh tub, not jar) and probably some philadelphia, don't think it was cream. Very simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭sporina

Recliner wrote: »
    Liver, bacon, mushrooms and onions in a cream sauce. Mash and peas.
    Like a big cuddle!!
    Very late dinner tonight.

looks so comforting.. winter fodder (v conducive given the weather :()

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Recliner

sporina wrote: »
    looks so comforting.. winter fodder (v conducive given the weather :()

It felt very cold this evening so it really went down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

tscul32 wrote: »
    No, not great at dinner recipes, more a 'make it up as I go along' kind of cook. I think it was some leftover pesto (the fresh tub, not jar) and probably some philadelphia, don't think it was cream. Very simple.

This is basically my go to lunch when I can't think of anything else. Cooked pasta, tbsp garlic & herb philadelphia, tbsp pesto, bit of pasta water to loosen it up if needed (rarely for me coz I like the thick sauce). Stir til melted, shove in gob. Bit of parmesan on top if I'm feeling extra fat/hungover that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    This is basically my go to lunch when I can't think of anything else. Cooked pasta, tbsp garlic & herb philadelphia, tbsp pesto, bit of pasta water to loosen it up if needed (rarely for me coz I like the thick sauce). Stir til melted, shove in gob. Bit of parmesan on top if I'm feeling extra fat/hungover that day.

Yep. Me too. And I've made a convert of my 13 year old son. One of his favourite foods too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Hot peppered salmon with a mixed salad.

IMG-2212.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

I work for an American company and as such I end up celebrating various American national holidays like today's holiday, national doughnut day. In honour of this, I ended up making the greatest burger I have ever had for dinner.

Glazed chocolate sprinkle doughnut from Krispy Kreme, sirloin patty, mature white cheddar cheese, maple cured bacon, bacon jam and sweet chili crispy onion...

gtXdlXN.jpg

It’s ingrained into most peoples brains to picture these as completely separate foods (doughnut. burger.), but once you get past that mental hurdle you will never go back. The sweet and savory flavors work so well together.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Nachos. All toppings home made. Really nice.

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »

looks yum - and SNAP - kind of, .. I had a delicious piece of salmon for dins tonight too - marinated in a cajun spice and oven cooked - twas delicious.. (had a craving for salmon).. but had it with veg n spuds.. yum..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Forest mushrooms, parmesan and lemon Tagliatelle.

554978.jpg

• Advertisement

Ryath wrote: »
    Forest mushrooms, parmesan and lemon Tagliatelle.

That looks perfect. Making me hungry..

looks yum - and SNAP - kind of, .. I had a delicious piece of salmon for dins tonight too - marinated in a cajun spice and oven cooked - twas delicious.. (had a craving for salmon).. but had it with veg n spuds.. yum..

Salmon is great.. like fast food. Bung it in the oven, any which way, 20 minutes later it comes out perfect. I often eat it with just corn on the cob and peas.

Salmon is great.. like fast food. Bung it in the oven, any which way, 20 minutes later it comes out perfect. I often eat it with just corn on the cob and peas.

yeah it taste soo good - hard to believe its a healthy food (if you know what I mean) - hmm..

Dinner will be seafood chowder.

Pizzas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Chicken with green bean, pea, smiley face radish, broccoli, asparagus salad. Mustard honey lemon dressing. Surprisingly filling.

OVA0djF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Chicken with green bean, pea, smiley face radish, broccoli, asparagus salad. Mustard honey lemon dressing. Surprisingly filling.

Looks fantastic.

Did you put a smiley face on the radish?

• Administrators Posts: 53,507 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Smoked a pork fillet, it was fantastic.

attachment.php?attachmentid=555047&d=1622915900

attachment.php?attachmentid=555048&d=1622915900

Served up with some of beer revolus potato salad which was also fantastic.

eeepaulo wrote: »
    Looks fantastic.

Did you put a smiley face on the radish?

No, only noticed it after I had eaten it and uploaded the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

awec wrote: »

Ha ha. I've only done it once!
    Must do it again so it doesn't get forgotten.
    Glad you enjoyed it.

Pork looks lovely. Not easy to get such a lean cut right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Dry-aged Striploin steaks from the Brown Pig done on the BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

awec wrote: »

Looks deadly awec!

Any link to that potato salad also?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

McMurphy wrote: »
    Looks deadly awec!

Any link to that potato salad also?

I recently experimented with cucumber and mint in potato salad and it's lovely.

Baby potatoes, cucumber, fresh mint, chives, white wine vinegar, light oil, touch of sugar, salt, pepper.

If I want a creamy potato salad, I like Greek yoghurt rather than mayonnaise. I think chives are essential in any potato salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Did a version of this with some saffron flatbreads. Tasty tasty tasty

https://donalskehan.com/recipes/crispy-squid-chorizo-salad-with-deconstructed-guacamole/

1.jpg
    2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Not my picture as I was too eager to tuck in but had this takeaway from The Fish Market in Mullingar last night. Had heard it was good but hadn't got around to trying it. Was savage lots of other great options I'll certainly be back to try.

Tasting selection, battered cod, grilled salmon, mussels, scampi (this was great best scampi I've ever had) an oyster, chips and a seaweed salad.
    61142835_2539318942757231_6116990081929576448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=22AyrYCvgkcAX-WwhZi&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&tp=6&oh=87d7a25f11ea856859e6fc21b3ecc655&oe=60E34C7D

Snack box from the local chipper. Hit the spot.

Quesadillas with pulled chicken, white beans, coriander and pickled onions. I put too much adobo chilli in it, had to lash the milk into me eating them, but very tasty.
    h7NPq55.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Quesadillas with pulled chicken, white beans, coriander and pickled onions.

Pass those bad boys around! Cheers Dave!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken fillet burger with cheese, and skin on Airfryer chips.

20210606-191016.jpg

• Advertisement

BBQ. Ribs, wings, burgers, sausages and potato salad.

Lovely weather to sit out.

Advertisement