Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Are you close bi ? I would destroy that burger ,,,C'mon....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭50HX

:)I'm regretting not putting on the 2nd one

50HX wrote: »
    :)I'm regretting not putting on the 2nd one
    There's still time, Shoes on, Car still warm etc !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Linguine and butter - husband is doing some mad 100km in 24hrs challenge and I was too lazy and hungry to cook for myself.

Was going to stop for a Big Mac and Shamrock shake on the way home but will save that for another day

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

My disinclination to cook continues.

Chorizo in baked beans with microwaved potatoes and roasted red pepper from a jar.

No regrets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

50HX wrote: »
    Lidl Angus burger

Homemade oven chips

Chips are a bit of work but worth it

could you let me know how you did oven chips like that, Im willing to put in the effort!! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭50HX

snowgal wrote: »
    could you let me know how you did oven chips like that, Im willing to put in the effort!! thanks

I use roosters, cut to size

Wash in a bowl of running water, till water runs clear of starch

Dry them, dry each chip in a kitchen towel, drier they are the crispIer they will be

Place in a clean dry bowl

Add tbsp olive oil,
    Tbsp onion salt
    Good few grinds of black pepper
    1-2 tsp smoked sweet paprika

Mix well

Place tin foil on baking tray shiny side up
    Lay chips with room between each one

180 for 20mins, check if you can turn them without them sticking to tinfoil, if still stuck leave another 5mins, once you can turn them give them 5 min more at lower level in oven

Depends how thick chips are cut

I'm playing around with seasonings lately and when I have something better will post

They should looK like this

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Wagamamma's chicken katsu curry with brown rice and broccoli (with a soy, honey, sesame oil and sesame seed dressing).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Kashmiri Biryani with homemade Naans.

C8-F54-A48-816-D-4-C2-B-9129-A871-BED510-D3.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/kashmiri_biryani_14589

Yeah, they look fantastic woodchuck and Gloomtastic!, well done!

I only have an old electric hob cooker, and never had luck making flatbreads, or even naan.
    Is gas better suited?

I also used wholemeal flour, as is my preference, but maybe I should have started with white...

It just got hard and didn't bubble up.

• Advertisement

This was last nights effort. Still waiting for divine inspiration about tonights ?
    Anyway, Pork Chops with a drizzle of pepper sauce, Boiled spuds, Turnips, Coleslaw and Potato salad. I have a few minute steaks marinating for kick off in an hour or 2. Netflix and some beer and a late night beckon methinks !

honest-dinner.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

A savoury puff pastry tart with passata, feta, sundried tomatoes and basil pesto.

546909.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Peri-peri chicken wings and spicy potato wedges. So tasty!

cee_jay wrote: »
    A savoury puff pastry tart with passata, feta, sundried tomatoes and basil pesto.

I'd love to make one of those with anchovies.

You've given me inspiration!

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/apr/01/nigel-slater-classic-pissaladiere-tart

• Registered Users Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Got on the ooni train tonight for the first time... Very happy with it, might need to start getting those 10,000 steps in.

PARlance wrote: »
    Got on the ooni train tonight for the first time... Very happy with it, might need to start getting those 10,000 steps in.

Jeez, that looks brilliant.
    Never heard of the ooni, I bet my sister would love one, she has a nice garden space in the countryside.

Did you make your own base?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Would have been all over one of these until I was diagnosed wit h Type 1 Diabetes in November :D they look bloody brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭Xander10

looks nice, ironically, someone just recommended the Ooni to me this week.

Did you buy it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Chowder.

Xander10 wrote: »
    looks nice, ironically, someone just recommended the Ooni to me this week.

Did you buy it online?

Ya, I had been thinking about getting one for ages but the long lead times probably put me off (think it's a 4 or 5 month wait from ooni direct). They came into stock in Meadows & Byrne last weekend and I pulled the trigger, arrived on Tuesday last.

We're big into pizza's, my father used to make homemade pizza for us growing up. He called over tonight and was very envious.

They aren't cheap but if you're into making pizza's, they're worth it. No comparison to the pizza stone in the oven I had been using.

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Jeez, that looks brilliant.
    Never heard of the ooni, I bet my sister would love one, she has a nice garden space in the countryside.

Did you make your own base?

Thanks, ya you kinda have to make your own dough, it's a bit of work but worth it.

Forgot the starter... Garlic cheese bread / pizza.

Excuse the fingers and sausages, was proud of my crust!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 514 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Burgers with a tomato, onion and jalapeño relish, smoked bacon, cheese and topped with an egg

Prob NSFW

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Where have you been for the last year?
    They've taken over the world. There's even a pizza oven thread here.
    Everyone and their dog has become a pizza aficionado, talking about % hydration, 4 day ferments and tipo 00 x% protein flour!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Big dirty fry with eggs from the garden and chips from a deep fat fryer and delicious big sausages and flat mushrooms. Not my normal dinner. Batch bread too!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night I had an M&S minced beef & onion slice with mash, veg and gravy. We'll have a takeaway tonight, probably Chinese.

20210313-185608.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

[IMG][/img]http://imgur.com/a/nkpLe4g

Free range pork chop with wild garlic salsa, rosti, courgette fried with garlic and fennel braised with butter, honey and seville orange juice.

• Administrators Posts: 53,654 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Made a big pot of bolognese this morning and left it simmering on the hob all day. Delicious.

attachment.php?attachmentid=547018&d=1615750527

attachment.php?attachmentid=547017&d=1615750527

Free range pork chop

Oh, can I ask you where did you source this TBR?
    It's hard to find free range pork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Sunday bbq dinner

Advertisement