Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Had the BBQ out for the first cook of the year and we had ribs and burgers!

Here are the ribs!

1xBmSsjm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Nothing fancy, but hearty enough. A typical roast dinner. As we say, for the day that's in it.:D Ham, stuffing, roast chicken, roasties and veg. A splash of chicken gravy too.

looks yummy, but I must be an actual pig or something, cos I would have double that for my roast, and I thought I was a normal healthy sized woman :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

snowgal wrote: »
    looks yummy, but I must be an actual pig or something, cos I would have double that for my roast, and I thought I was a normal healthy sized woman :o:D

Better sized portion for you! I did have to go back for seconds of bread stuffing and chicken breast. My wife's portions do look like Grandeeods though. Pork stuffing was in freezer from Christmas.

547440.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

snowgal wrote: »

This often comes up.
    My portions often look small but I like to go back for more rather than having a very full plate.
    Really big portions make me lose my appetite.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Raided the freezer and had homemade spag bol. It was a really good batch with lardons and a little sundried tomato*. Served with fresh tagliatelle (also leftovers from the freezer) and some grated hard cheese.

*In the spirit of the food waste thread - the sundried tomatoes were leftover from another recipe so I threw them in the spag bol so they wouldn't go to waste!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had roast chicken tonight, cooked breast down on top of some baby new potatoes. The chicken was so tender and the spuds scrumptious, cooked in the chicken fat. I gave them a gentle mash and crisped them up while the bird was resting. Roast carrots with garlic, boiled broccoli and gravy made from the meat juices. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,011 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Dzd3Ic5M_o.jpg

ZKgwJRkr_o.jpg

Meinless chow mein.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Barbecued ribeyes with mash and veg.

20210318-190437.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Barbecued ribeyes with mash and veg.

That mash looks like heaven on a plate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

That mash looks like heaven on a plate

With a big pool of butter in the middle. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's all about the butter :D

French cooking:

Melt a knob of butter in a pan.

Do something els, doesn't really matter what.

Stir in some more butter and serve.

• Administrators Posts: 53,654 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

cnocbui wrote: »
    French cooking:

Melt a knob of butter in a pan.

Do something els, doesn't really matter what.

Stir in some more butter and serve.

There is a reason restaurants are vehemently opposed to calorie counting on their menus. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

woodchuck wrote: »
    Raided the freezer and had homemade spag bol. It was a really good batch with lardons and a little sundried tomato*. Served with fresh tagliatelle (also leftovers from the freezer) and some grated hard cheese.

Snap! Leftover bolognese here too, added a bit of balsamic vinegar as it was reheating on the stovetop to give it a little lift

Yesterday's dinner was cooked for me, those dinners always seem to taste nicer :pac: Pork fillet, pan sauce with a drop of cognac, thyme and some other stuff

IMG-20210317-171257.jpg

Ha, we're having ragu from the freezer with pasta tonight, too.

I hope it's one I made with leftover slow roast lamb neck, recently.
    Best Bolognaise type ragu I've made.

It's all about the butter :D

Nearly half a block of it and a bottle of double cream! Butter Curry sauce with tandoori chicken pieces last night. Forgot to take a pic of it plated

547493.jpg

Confit of duck with a blood orange and walnut salad this evening.

547494.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Roast-veggie, feta, olive, chickpea-mash loaded naan bread. Really filling.

hrSJZoV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Gf's birthday last week, her choice of meal. Lasagne with shop bought (shudder) coleslaw and salted caramel icecream for afters. Pretentious cocktails too.

xTSgJto.jpg
    bulR9L5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

A mound of bbq ribs with baked potatoes.

9-E62-B48-C-AE02-4963-A570-77-D606-DBDF2-B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

A mound of bbq ribs with baked potatoes.

Those ribs look good. That’ll be me on Sunday

• Advertisement

Ryath wrote: »

Confit of duck with a blood orange and walnut salad this evening.

]

A Lidl inspired meal?
    There sell very good examples of those three ingredients, atm.

A Lidl inspired meal?
    There sell very good examples of those three ingredients, atm.

Sort of the duck and walnuts were from Lidl but the blood orange was from Aldi! Picked up the duck as it was offer and had no real plan. Was thinking some sort of potato and green veg meal but when it came to it throwing a salad together seemed easier and tastier!

The lidl walnuts are very good alright one of the staples I buy there. I do most of my shopping in Aldi but nearly always pick a pack up when I'm in Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Dry aged rib eye on the bone last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Dry aged rib eye on the bone last night.

That’s a nice mini tomahawk

That’s a nice mini tomahawk

You'd enjoy the movie Bone Tomahawk then. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Chilli con Carne!

xK8eihK.jpg

I cooked stewing beef for 3 hours with spice mix, dried chipotles, dried anchos, guajillo paste and black beans.

That orange sauce is Herdez creamy chipotle salsa.

With potatoes and green beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭sporina

Fresh Hake from BallyCotton Seafoods in The English Market, (baked in foil with butter, lemon and parsely, seasoned), medley of veg n roast baby spuds.. would be hard pushed to get a piece of fish as nice as that in a restaurant.. delish!

IMG-5201.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Free range corn fed Barnyard Poulet au Poivre infused with a hint of pommes dauphines served with a rich array of dawn fresh hand picked flavor of spring vegetables served with a robust Alicia Gerard inspired peppercorn ju

pepper-chicken-1.jpg

Emmm... ok then.....

pepper-chicken-2.jpg

:D:D:D

After a day working in the garden we had takeaway - pizza, wings and garlic mushrooms.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I did the Cooking Club doner kebabs, with all the sauces. It never, ever disappoints.

Advertisement