Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

would love a recipe for the peanut stew, looks yummy! not a fan of soupy stuff so would probably make the sauce a bit thicker and have it with rice though!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

greenttc wrote: »
    would love a recipe for the peanut stew, looks yummy! not a fan of soupy stuff so would probably make the sauce a bit thicker and have it with rice though!

Hey! I just make it up, I don't have a particular recipe. You just need a single pot generally, or a second if you want to parboil the potatoes.

Fry some onions and garlic in a pot, add a tin of tomatoes, a bag of spinach, a few big spoons of peanut butter - more the better! Peel (optional) and cube potatoes quite small and add them*, tin of chickpeas (plus a second can if you want - depending on how much you are making, in this case I used different beans for the second can to mix it up but I usually just use chickpeas), fill the pot up with water and let it sit on a really low heat until it looks done/potatoes are soft (like 30-60 mins depending). Add truffle oil on top if you want, I don't usually but this was a gift. Can add asecond tin of tomatoes for volume if you need.

*you can parboil the potatoes or stick them in a microwave to make this meal way faster, the slowest thing by far is waiting form the potatoes to cook.

The amounts really don't matter in this, you just need to have peanut butter and water and to reduce it and it will taste delicious. I didn't wait for the food to cool down but when you do the sauce becomes way thicker and like a curry, even nicer. And it's great with rice yep. I had some as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Hey! I just make it up, I don't have a particular recipe.

Had a feeling it was that kinda recipe but had to ask just in case and wanted to know any secret ingredients you might have used! easy to add any veg you want in too!

your posts often give me dinner inspiration as someone who doesn't really eat meat!

thank you! will try that when the weather is a bit cooler, feel like I will be eating ice pops for dinner tonight!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

OMG, Tar, it sounds amazing. And simple. I need simple. Even I could do that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

greenttc wrote: »
    Had a feeling it was that kinda recipe but had to ask just in case and wanted to know any secret ingredients you might have used! easy to add any veg you want in too!

your posts often give me dinner inspiration as someone who doesn't really eat meat!

thank you! will try that when the weather is a bit cooler, feel like I will be eating ice pops for dinner tonight!
    Glad to hear :) You ca add in anythign you want for sure! Any veg you like at all.
    quickbeam wrote: »
    OMG, Tar, it sounds amazing. And simple. I need simple. Even I could do that.

Haha you can count on me for simple. Can't be bothered otherwise! Enjoy! You got this!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Pork and Veg pie. I used up most of the freezer because I need to defrost it. Pork was 3 chopped up big pork chops and all the veg was frozen bags with just a bit left in each. I had nothing for the gravy so an oxtail cup a soup did the trick.
    Enough left for tomorrow too with a few boiled spuds methinks ! It was very tasty which is rare in my leftover recipes !
    [IMG][/img]2uonn8z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Wtf ? wrote: »
    Pork and Veg pie. I used up most of the freezer because I need to defrost it. Pork was 3 chopped up big pork chops and all the veg was frozen bags with just a bit left in each. I had nothing for the gravy so an oxtail cup a soup did the trick.
    Enough left for tomorrow too with a few boiled spuds methinks ! It was very tasty which is rare in my leftover recipes !

Nice! I kinda think that's the most satisfying kind of cooking - making something great out of stuff that's not exactly promising; it's so much more of a challenge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Aldi are currently selling lovely raw pink king prawns, and I made a Tika Masala sauce, from scratch, threw the prawns in raw for the last 8/9 minutes or so.

Served with wholegrain rice and a piece of flat bread.

IMG-20190726-173722.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Lebanese Chicken Wraps

506-C7812-737-E-4946-89-EF-759-C8-D09-E3-E1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

trashcan wrote: »
    Did it not dry up ? That's what I'd be afraid of doing it like that.

Sorry trash, missed this question.

No, absolutely not. If you zoom in to the photos of the meat after it was sliced you can clearly see how moist it was.

I probably should have added that I wrapped it in foil for ten minutes or so after removing from the grill, which allows the juices to be released.

I think I'm going to do another one tomorrow, it will depend on the weather.

• Advertisement

Teriyaki Salmon with Pak Choi Noodles

BCAF5476-7-A1-F-44-BE-91-DB-451385-DB0178.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

That looks good! ^^^^^^^^^

I'm far too lazy.

This is basically kale and potatoes.

IMG-20190727-201331.jpg

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    That looks good! ^^^^^^^^^

I'm far too lazy.

Took about 20 minutes, easy peasy! :)

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/teriyaki-salmon-sesame-pak-choi%3famp

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Roast chicken, new spuds with butter and mixed veg. Tomorrow the rest of the chicken shall become Singapore fried rice!

Roast chicken thighs with lentils and mint yoghurt

2-F12-B257-7-DD0-4718-AC4-A-A0-E2-B63-A777-D.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Pork schnitzel with my own potato salad made with waxy baby potatoes, mustard dressing scallions, pickled gherkins and lots of chopped parsley, washed down with a nice cold beer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 512 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Vegan scallops with vegan black pudding and pea purée

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

TheKBizzle wrote: »

Vegan scallops? I'm intrigued, what are they made from?

Seamai wrote: »
    Vegan scallops? I'm intrigued, what are they made from?
    Vegan Scallops ?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

TheKBizzle wrote: »

What is a vegan scallop?! If its a potato, its not a vegan scallop...its a potato.

• Advertisement

What is a vegan scallop?! If its a potato, its not a vegan scallop...its a potato.
    A Vegan Scallop does not eat meat, only Potatoes. Are you getting confused ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Wtf ? wrote: »
    A Vegan Scallop does not eat meat, only Potatoes. Are you getting confused ?

Potatoes do not grow in the sea. Of that I am certain. Scallops are sea creatures - so unless they are coming onshore and have taken to raiding potato fields - then I think we have a problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

gozunda wrote: »
    Potatoes do not grow in the sea. Of that I am certain. Scallops are sea creatures - so unless they are coming onshore and have taken to raiding potato fields - then I think we have a problem ;)

And I'm living off of grass
    And the drippings from the ceiling
    But it's okay to eat fish
    'Cause they don't have any feelings

Think the vegan scallops are made from sliced mushroom stems.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Ryath wrote: »
    And I'm living off of grassAnd the drippings from the ceilingBut it's okay to eat fis'Cause they don't have any feelingsThink the vegan scallops are made from sliced mushroom stems.

Joke no - you eat grass? Scallops are not fish btw - they are crustaceans and are believed to be classified as belonging somewhere between the animal and plant world. Not me saying that btw. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qvxznq/are-scallops-vegan

Anywayssss - I thought someone said these ones were made of spuds no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

gozunda wrote: »
    Joke no - you eat grass? Scallops are not fish btw - they are crustaceans and are believed to be classified as belonging somewhere between the animal and plant world. Not me saying that btw. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qvxznq/are-scallops-vegan

Anywayssss - I thought someone said these ones were made of spuds no?

Joke! Most people seem to consider any food that come from the sea as fish

They're actually molluscs and definitely in the animal kingdom. Would you consider a snail as a half way point! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

I’m still confused... wtf is a vegan scallop?!

It's a king oyster mushroom prepared in the same way, quite delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

So it’s mushroom, spiced barley and pea purée?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sweet potato, lentil and chickpea curry with rice - was quite tasty :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

What we call 'daycent shpuds' - with plenty of real butter and a sprinkling of salt.

Advertisement