Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Chicken and vegetable fried rice and homemade slightly-brainy-anemic-looking-but-exceptionally-tasty pork gyozas. Recipe yielded 50 gyozas so it’s just as well they are delicious :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Chicken and vegetable fried rice and homemade slightly-brainy-anemic-looking-but-exceptionally-tasty pork gyozas. Recipe yielded 50 gyozas so it’s just as well they are delicious :)

Whenever I make gyoza, I think “I’ll freeze half”. I then deeply regret that decision because I don’t think there’s an upper limit on how many gyoza I could eat.

Did you make the wrappers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Faith wrote: »
    Whenever I make gyoza, I think “I’ll freeze half”. I then deeply regret that decision because I don’t think there’s an upper limit on how many gyoza I could eat.

Did you make the wrappers?

Yes!! And it was so easy! 210g plan flour & 180mls hot water in to the stand mixer with a dough hook for 10 mins until smooth. Let it rest covered in flour and then cling film for 40 mins before rolling and assembling.

I cooked 20, 5 each for dinner, 5 more for himself to snack on and then I’m chancing reheating 5 for lunch tomorrow. The other 30 have gone in to the freezer in batches of 10.

I halved this recipe, for both the wrappers and the filling :)

https://youtu.be/tkGsB0omCoA

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Baked potato with plentiful butter ( irish of course), quiche, and webbs lettuce.. Then home made sponge custard with lashings of freshly made blackberry jam, from fruit still in the freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Saltimbocca alla Romana

A carb-free dinner that was bloody lovely!

A7-F6-D138-3-A61-4-D7-F-84-DB-67-E46-B389024.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/one_pan_saltimbocca_alla_71615

• Advertisement

Noon dinner here... Large baked Rooster, garden greens ( leaves of broccoli and first of the new kale) and bacon... all home cooked.... simply delicious and sustaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Chickpea burgers. Tasty, but my new cayenne is hotter than I'm used to; the faces the baby was pulling!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Halloumi and houmous wrap with pickled vegetables and red pesto

Lws71FR.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Tofu penang with red rice and green beans.

IMG-20190618-194039.jpg

Delicious noon main meal.... Baked rooster potato , what we called "fried cheese" in my long ago childhood, ie cheese slowly melted in water, traditionally in a frying pan, and i whizzed an egg into it... side salad of chopped webbs and grated apple. Pleasantly replete.... ;)

One of these days I will remember I now have a camera but i was very hungry indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mr. Dizzy braved the driving rain to cook chicken fillets and potatoes on the barbecue, then as we sat down to eat it in the kitchen the sun came out :pac:

IMG-6410-2.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Lazy pizzas - I bought Pizza da Piero bases and sauce, which are very nice. I did roast my own veg though, and also added sautéed mushrooms and salami and some spinach.

IMG-6417.jpg

Cous cous, salad and pork belly

Photo-Picture-Resizer-190623-193630622-crop-3043x2268-800x596.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Lamb, prune and apricot tagine with cous cous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Ryath

Made a butternut squash and chickpea tagine with the Lamb merguez sausages from Aldi myself.

483408.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Seems to be a real run on cous cous, making me crave some now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Korean steak salad.

Gochujang, soy, rice vinegar, soy and garlic marinade/dressing, snow peas, radishes, watercress, rocket, lettuce. Peanuts fried and tossed in aleppo chili. Consumed with a nice glass of this pinot from Aldi which is great btw.

208z415.jpg

greenttc wrote: »

It's easy and fast to prepare, I usually make mine with stock with a squeeze of harissa for even more flavour, sometimes I add roasted courgettes, peppers and red onion or a had full of freshly chopped herbs like mint, parsley or coriander.

Thai Red Curry with strips of Inari Tofu (ok, not strictly traditional, but I had the tofu left over, so...)

nNIFasb.jpg

simple and traditional y;day... Fried potatoes as I had leftovers, a lovely serving of fresh garden greens including broccoli, and seared chunks of chicken breast .

• Advertisement

Puff pastry parcels, filled with mushrooms, green pepper, peas and green beans in a cream cheese sauce, topped with clised spring onions and chopped parsley

L6QkDhK.jpg

greenttc wrote: »

Not something I have ever eaten or fancied,

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Graces7 wrote: »

you should give it a second chance, as another poster replied to me, it is so versatile and quick/easy to prepare! look how amazing it looks in all those pictures! yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,859 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's essentially just tiny beads of pasta.
    Nothing to be afraid of;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Dont get paid till tomorrow so I had a Mogerleys Steak and Kidney pie and oven chips with garden peas and bloody lovely it was too lol !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It's my go to for a 5 min starchy side.
    Check out the wholemeal version if you can.

Add some cumin and turmeric and salt when it's done and mix through with sliced green onions.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    It's my go to for a 5 min starchy side.
    Check out the wholemeal version if you can.

Add some cumin and turmeric and salt when it's done and mix through with sliced green onions.

Not my kind of food! No spices here etc and I eat a very simple traditional diet. Too old for new ways and happy with this. Each to their own..

Wtf ? wrote: »
    Dont get paid till tomorrow so I had a Mogerleys Steak and Kidney pie and oven chips with garden peas and bloody lovely it was too lol !

ah now that I could relish..

It's essentially just tiny beads of pasta.
    Nothing to be afraid of;)

lol... Not keen on pasta at all..or rice. Just had a lovely baked potato...I have a huge list of food intolerances which limits diet but that is fine. I can look in awe at your inventive meals.! !

• Advertisement

Aubergine parmigiana tonight, a bit messy to make between salting the aubergines, then flouring, egging and breadcrumbing before frying and building up the layers and bunging in the oven, all you need is some salad and a glass of red wine and I'm not even a vegetarian.

Advertisement